Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like a nice car but the wheels look totally wrong on it, like they're from the wrong era or something.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
      Seems like a nice car but the wheels look totally wrong on it, like they're from the wrong era or something.
      Yes, and style 10s are also generally terrible on E30s, maybe certain Euro models, especially convertibles, look okay.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
        I had to read the bit about disabling the wipers in favor of a vinyl stripe about 5 times because I kept telling myself I wasn't reading it correctly.
        In the comments the seller mentions "attention to detail" as the reason for wrapping the wipers. Detail....that's odd. Detail to wrap the wiper but not get the stripes correct. The stripes are different widths which adds to them looking odd. The blue stripe specifically. Another question, how does one wet sand/ block vinyl?

With that being said and errors aside, I like the stripes. Like the Warsteiner Livery.
        Last edited by sgtskid; 02-25-2019, 06:40 PM.
        Current: '91 DS M3, '03 TS M3 (6MT)
        '06 Chevy 2500 Duramax - Race car hauler, '90 Corvette - Weekend toy
        Past: '88 AW M3, '87 RB M6, '98 CS M3, '88 DS M3, '88 Zinno M3, '88 AW SETA (facelift),
        1988 Super E (Bronzit - grey wrap)- RIP, 1986 353, 1986 VW Jetta (vr6) - Racecar

IG: RDE_Fabrications
        Check us out
        Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Attention to detail, but inoperable wipers, incorrectly converted A/C system, clear coat over stripes.

I wonder if it will get more bids? Even if you wanna swap an LSx, that’s way more then you should be plopping down for a shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I would bet it gets more bids but doesn’t hit reserve. With s14s selling on BaT for 14k by themselves I’m sure it will push up to 30? Heck, if it was lower than that it would be a great deal. You could always put a low-cost paint job on it and drive the heck out of it. I don’t think I could bare to drive it as-is. But for someone to just take to shows on weekends it may work well with the current look.
            Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
            COTM Aug 2019

Comment

That white 325is was interesting.. tl;dr did it have body work and a repaint done? Seems like a healthy amount for a fair car.

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                That white 325is was interesting.. tl;dr did it have body work and a repaint done? Seems like a healthy amount for a fair car.

Very interesting. Was not expecting it to go for almost 20K.
                90 Bronzit 325is
                16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                  Yes, and style 10s are also generally terrible on E30s, maybe certain Euro models, especially convertibles, look okay.

The Borbets on this car are not my cup of tea, but I think they do look like a period-correct mod. Style 10s transformed my Touring (in a good way). To each his own. I think the market spoke when they were new. Probably why they are so rare now.

Cory
                  1992 325i Cabrio
                  1988 320i Touring
                  2000 M5
                  1977 530i
                  2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                  BMWCCA
                  E30CCA

Comment

Cory,
                    Can you please post a pic of your Touring on the style 10s?

CAPP :-)

Comment

Wow this is a dick move. I know mush is/was on here. Gotta be prepared to take a loss when you offer a car at no reserve. Good to see your word isn’t worth a shit.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

seller will be banned. Bone head move trying to sell a swapped sedan as no reserve
                        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                        DB vert plastic bumpers
                        OEM Keys
                        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                        91 ic Calypso 3.1
                        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Man that sucks. Honestly, that price doesn’t seem that out of line for that car. Sure it’s low miles but I think the minute you swap a car mileage becomes less important.
                          Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                          COTM Aug 2019

Comment

lol scumbag

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

He agreed at no-reserve probably because they wouldn’t list it otherwise.

Major dick move and another reason why BaT needs to be more of an intermediary between buyers and sellers

BaT should definitely be refunding the fee, that’s the real fucked up part
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                He agreed at no-reserve probably because they wouldn’t list it otherwise.

Major dick move and another reason why BaT needs to be more of an intermediary between buyers and sellers

BaT should definitely be refunding the fee, that’s the real fucked up part
                                Yeah I'm sure BaT will do the buyer right.

Comment

Working...
                                X