Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the kind words. I check Craigslist every morning and night, so 12 hour intervals. I’ll find one sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
      Thanks for the kind words. I check Craigslist every morning and night, so 12 hour intervals. I’ll find one sooner or later.
      I was one of the lucky ones to find a clean example one owner '90 325is with 43k original miles at a very generous price. Took me a while to find the right one, but it happened. Being patient sucks, but well worth it in the end.

Comment

I bought a swapped car and thought the car was complete...been trying to get it to run right for 2 years now...
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Horrendous, I almost did the samw but it went up on bat and many from this forum pointed out issues I would have missed like high idle etc. Definitely worth the wait to get the right car.

Comment

I've also told my story a few times and back in 02 I was searching everywhere in western Canada for a 325is with cloth seats and NOT black.
            Took me a solid 8 months but finally found one in spring 03.

I wouldn't even bother trying to search for the "right" car anymore.
            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Outstanding post Stanley! I was looking for red/white black/tan interior. Thought I had no interest in a lachs/grey interior until it fell in my lap. So what you are looking for is relative.

Comment

Key is just having the cash ready to go when you come across those deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by e30RS View Post
                  Outstanding post Stanley! I was looking for red/white black/tan interior. Thought I had no interest in a lachs/grey interior until it fell in my lap. So what you are looking for is relative.

....not sure if serious
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Actually I was being serious. Did not mean to come across as a wise ass if I did. I simply "adjusted" what a perfect car was. For me it was the best car available for what I had to spend and I just flogged it like a rented mule for 1450 miles and it was flawless. So the color was not what I was looking for, or a gray interior but it is mega! Could not be happier.

Comment

1991 318is
                      Bid for the chance to own a 1991 BMW 318is at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #17,788.
                      Attached Files
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

1988 M3
                        Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1988 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #17,795.
                        Attached Files
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

^200 km driven in three years of ownership. I think I run more than that in a year.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                            ^200 km driven in three years of ownership. I think I run more than that in a year.
                            My dog and I have done almost that much in the last month alone. Seriously.
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Cripes what's the point in buying a car if you're only going to put less than a tank of gas worth of miles on it over 3 years.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

And to that end, if it’s E10/15 or whatever crap pump gas, I’m sure it runs like crap because of all the moisture in the system from it. Or worse yet varnish and gummed up injectors.

Meanwhile, that Factory Five Daytona Coupe race car auction was full of cringeworthy comments. Just so many non-racers that should just stay out of it. Harping on a guy who was asking the weight of it (legit racecar question) but then asking why the MSD box was in the drivers compartment. So much stupid. People getting picky about the paint scheme and even the number on the (hey moron, it’s a legit racecar, you can’t always pick your number each season).

Then of course there’s the “van I register it and drive it on the street “ crowd who’ll probably just be shuttling it back and forth to cars and coffee..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                                2016 Ford Flex
                                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                                X