X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Not a $10k BaT car. I fought back and forth about listing the Aluminum Monster which sounds a lot like yours and was worried about those mods being deal breakers. In the end I sold it for $11k privately without the BaT weeklong headache

The only cars my group of friends has sold on BAT have been basically stock. Everything else gets sold in different channels.

Track toys and race cars do far better in GRM or other targeted advertising. Heck, even eBay gets a better response for race cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by djjerme; 05-21-2019, 07:21 AM.
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
      Agreed, that looks like a very purpose oriented car - BAT will shred that car to pieces.

Yeah I’d stay away from BaT. Those crazies over there will just rip your poor car to shreds.

It seems all they care about is time capsules.

I still get a kick out of the comment about removing weaves and putting the factory bottlecaps on.

Wow
      90 Bronzit 325is
      16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
        Yeah I’d stay away from BaT. Those crazies over there will just rip your poor car to shreds.

It seems all they care about is time capsules.

I still get a kick out of the comment about removing weaves and putting the factory bottlecaps on.

Wow
        Most of the people ripping listed cars apart on BAT can't even afford to bid on anything that's listed there, haha!
        Steve • Toronto
        1991 318is • Brillantrot
        Build Thread

Comment

Well sounds like yall will see my car listed in this classifieds section instead lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
            Most of the people ripping listed cars apart on BAT can't even afford to bid on anything that's listed there, haha!

Truer words have never been spoken.
            90 Bronzit 325is
            16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Definitely try listing your car here first. With two hours left on BAT that mtech s54 vert is at $8200! That just seems really low, it may get heavy bids late.

Comment

I've seen that M tech 2 vert on ebay before. I think they were asking 20k. It looks great. Too bad it's all the way in GA. Hell, I'm tempted to bid at 10k. Reserve has been removed!

Sold for $17,650
                Last edited by reelizmpro; 05-21-2019, 11:37 AM.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Smart play by the seller on that M tech removing the bid. Seemed to generate quite a bit of interest. Fun auction, well sold I think.

Comment

That was good money for that car, and I think the new owner will be happy. M54 is such an underated swap. It's actually the next swap I am doing to my race car (once I yank the M30 boat anchor out.) Those motors have more than proved themselves to me in Endurance racing with teams I know competing and placing in the 25 hours of Thunderhill.

Sure, it's not the high power of the S54, but it's a very healthy bump over the M20, and the weight is closer than most other iron block 24v swaps. Not to mention this is tons of low mile motors out there in the second hand market.
                    2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                      That was good money for that car, and I think the new owner will be happy. M54 is such an underated swap. It's actually the next swap I am doing to my race car (once I yank the M30 boat anchor out.) Those motors have more than proved themselves to me in Endurance racing with teams I know competing and placing in the 25 hours of Thunderhill.

Sure, it's not the high power of the S54, but it's a very healthy bump over the M20, and the weight is closer than most other iron block 24v swaps. Not to mention this is tons of low mile motors out there in the second hand market.
                      All valid reasons for a M54 swap to be much more popular than it is... you forgot to mention that it doesnt have the typical S54 bearing issues either
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Of course, the only one worth swapping is the B30, the smaller ones don't make any more power than an M50. Isn't it a major pain in the ass to get the M54's engine management working in an E30 swap? That would put a huge damper on popularity, especially for people who cannot use standalone EMS due to government interference.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 1-26

Comment

Yes, the 3.0 or you’re wasting your time. The engine management is much more difficult than an S54, I’d have to look it up again, but I think a reflash can disable the immobilizer stuff requiring the key.

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Jordan did a good M54 write up: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=383897

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                            Transaction feedback
                            - jpod999

Comment

speaking of AC in cars lol

https://youtu.be/RXeBjvTR9yU?t=109
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd
                              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                                Yes, the 3.0 or you’re wasting your time. The engine management is much more difficult than an S54, I’d have to look it up again, but I think a reflash can disable the immobilizer stuff requiring the key.

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                                Doesn't seem worth it for 230hp when that's not even remotely difficult with a turbo M20, you could even run a small intercooler and have space for a decent oil cooler for track day use. Though turbo M20 is not without its problems as anyone familiar with my project will know.

IG @turbovarg
                                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                                [CoTM: 4-18]
                                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                                - updated 1-26

Comment

Working...
                                X