Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2mAns Daily Driver Thread - who knows what it is today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't rule out a 318ti, although they're just aboi5 too old to hit the mark, and are probably getting too valuable for whatever reason.

What else have we missed, Astra, Fit, Accent, Integra, Yaris, Corvette, Solstice coupe, Vehicross, Z3 coupe, and ???

Comment

Some of those don’t work because no back seat. Earlier he said 2 door. 4 door is easier for a car seat for sure though.

I missed a good one:

RSX… which is just an integra 2 door and back seat. Type S would be the pick but they are getting hard to find and expensive now.

or TSX - 4 door, can be had with manual. Or TL…
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        so the budget is less than $5k. I also had some Gold/ Jetta TDi's on my list but a sub $5k car is a clapped out EMKAY4
        <$5k, in 2024? Just save the money and drive the Porsche imo. There's probably nothing simultaneously keepable and DDable for that. Just more stuff you'll quickly bore of or waste a bunch of money fixing then sell.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

My annual fuel cost will be around 3-4K driving the 911 and that doesn’t factor the wear and tear on my high performance sports car...

so I’d rather throw that into a 02-07 shitbox that I can throw into the trash after a year if it dies.

ivan drago meme
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

My annual fuel cost will be around 3-4K driving the 911 and that doesn’t factor the wear and tear on my high performance sports car...
            Yes, but you'll be enjoying a Porsche instead of an econobox. A little bit of joy every day.

Comment

I don't believe it is worth the mental fatigue to battle entropy with a classic daily. Enjoy on Enjoyable occasions.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Prius & Viggen!... we're getting weird now... but are somehow getting closer to what I'm thinking
                My vote!!
                Attached Files
                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

A Corrado is the only VW of my era that I never owned... and I have been jonesing for another VR6 car, but it doesnt check any of the boxes I need right now haha

Should I just get a Prius?
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

A Corrado is the only VW of my era that I never owned... and I have been jonesing for another VR6 car, but it doesnt check any of the boxes I need right now haha

Should I just get a Prius?
                    Probably.

Every single vehicle is a compromise. Some are close to perfect IMO for daily, but their cost is too high.

There is that saying and instagram, 2 car solution. I think you can cover most bases with 2 cars.

But yeah, 2 cars will always cost more, but in some ways they can cost less (upkeep, sanity, etc).

For the money you can't beat the efficiency, 4 door is easier for car seat, and like most Priii in California - when the bumpers have massive indents and gashes you won't care.

It's an appliance, you'll save on gas, and you'll have the 996 when you want to feel alive.

Relatively safe, go as new as budget allows to get the most airbags and safety etc.

If you want safe and big, it's killdozer, Hummer EV, cybertruck, Land Cruiser, full size etc are there but you lose efficiency or cost is too high either financially or life altering.

Comment

It's sounding like prius time, my friend

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                        It's sounding like prius time, my friend
                        Do they make coilovers for Prius?
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

They do, or lift kits.

If I had the scrilah, space, need, etc, a new prius on wheels, slight drop looks damn good.

Plenty of pictures have shown me that may be a car that is on my hit list when they are a few years old.

Comment

Suddenly Harry’s Garage releases this video just for me…

Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post

Probably.

Every single vehicle is a compromise. Some are close to perfect IMO for daily, but their cost is too high.

There is that saying and instagram, 2 car solution. I think you can cover most bases with 2 cars.

But yeah, 2 cars will always cost more, but in some ways they can cost less (upkeep, sanity, etc).

For the money you can't beat the efficiency, 4 door is easier for car seat, and like most Priii in California - when the bumpers have massive indents and gashes you won't care.

It's an appliance, you'll save on gas, and you'll have the 996 when you want to feel alive.

Relatively safe, go as new as budget allows to get the most airbags and safety etc.

If you want safe and big, it's killdozer, Hummer EV, cybertruck, Land Cruiser, full size etc are there but you lose efficiency or cost is too high either financially or life altering.
                              Killdozer and e30 sounds like the perfect 2 car solution. Thank you for the amazing suggestion.

Comment

Yes on Coilovers. And No, why would you want to ruin your daily.

Toyota Racing Development has created a sporty body kit for the Prius facelift, which can also be fitted with new wheels and a wide array of other tweaks.

Cool thing about a Prius it uses minimal battery pack, Low CFD, Fairly light. Its a nice modern higher tier economy car.

And if you get a Prime you get a Carbon Hatch

Probably doesn't matter what you get. You'll put to much money in it, and sell it. Hows that a cheap daily?.. :p
                                Last edited by moatilliatta; 02-08-2024, 01:52 PM.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                                X