Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2mAns Daily Driver Thread - who knows what it is today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
    Good looking touring.

Its a 330 swap? I probably missed that part.
    Yea previous owner swapped in a M54B30 and a ZF320 5-speed from a 330i, but made some mistakes preventing him from being able to smog it. I addressed those, and some other stuff it needed... so now that its a good car, Im selling it... because Im smart
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Alright boys and girls. I didn’t make a spectacle about it this time... here is the new daily.

Tell me what this reminds you of? 170ish BHP, 180ish Ft/Lb. RWD. Just under 3000#.

It won’t be a whole lot of madness, but you know I’m a guy who can’t leave well enough alone. This isn’t likely to get modified a lot. We’ll see how long that lasts.

How about some pics?...

The daily it’s replacing and the garage

The plan always was to ‘hack’ the ECU to unlock the Full fuel tank but I read that it’s pointless on a 94Ah. I had already purchased the Bimmercode app at that point though so I went in and activated it anyways. I also activated the Hold State of Charge (HSOC) Menu.

I forgot to take a before pic, but I’m pretty sure the fuel tank was reading in the 75-80 mile range, and afterwards on my way home it was sitting at 97. So who knows, but between that and the fully charged battery I was smiling at the range I was seeing.

It was even better after my commute home!... loving this car

Remember how I told you earlier in this post that I’m not going to modify it?... well yea.

So I visited European Auto Source this morning and got the AST lowering springs and 12mm & 15mm spacers installed. Got a before and after but couldn’t get them in the same spot...

Last edited by 2mAn; 01-15-2022, 08:50 PM.
      Simon
      Current Cars:

Comment

So, Electrifiy R3V -2022?

Comment

Wow very cool. Can't say I know anything about these. Glad you stuck with BMW lol. Did they all have the small half door or is this considered a "larger" model?

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
            Wow very cool. Can't say I know anything about these. Glad you stuck with BMW lol. Did they all have the small half door or is this considered a "larger" model?
            Every single one has the same suicide doors. It’s a 168bhp rear wheel drive BMW weighing in around 3000#... it’s basically an E30

roguetoaster I don’t expect anyone to be as dumb as I am.
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

I keep eyeing the I3's... Its not a bad daily. Year? , 25K mileage, What did you pay?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

There’s one that can fit anyone’s needs. They have gone up since the gas prices have gone up, but can still get them at a huge discount as they are heavily depreciated at this point.
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

I had one of those as a loaner, I really liked it, very practical, lots of space, decently quick off the line. It needed a better suspension and tire but it wasnt too bad.
                  Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I also had one as a loaner from a dealer. Great car. Nice to drive. Not so sure about the styling.....

Comment

I think these would've sold way better if they didn't make them look like that. Not sure why every manufacturer other than tesla seems to compulsively do that.

Interested in your take on it as a daily. We finally have some incentives here for EVs, and my wife's commute is all city.
                      If there wasn't such a price premium, we'd have something electric now instead of the Mini.
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                        I think these would've sold way better if they didn't make them look like that. Not sure why every manufacturer other than tesla seems to compulsively do that.

Interested in your take on it as a daily. We finally have some incentives here for EVs, and my wife's commute is all city.
                        If there wasn't such a price premium, we'd have something electric now instead of the Mini.
                        Not sure where I read it but the goal was to give it 3 series interior 'volume' with a 1series exterior footprint hence the boxy shape. That said, it is quite a nice place to be sitting and theres enough space for a passenger to sit in front of my daughters rear facing baby seat. so win-win there. It was one of the reasons I sold my R50 Mini.

The goal with this is to not be tempted into modifying it. luckily its fairly limited.. the other goal is to make it less weird looking. I have a plan for that, but thats once the local utility company cuts me a check for $1k for being a good citizen lol

Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Nice - will be good to hear about your experiences.

I’ve been eyeing off getting one for my wife for years down here, but due to their rarity the used ones hold their value too well. Due to our proximity to China + FTAs etc. it’s not much of a leap from a used i3 to a new Polestar 2.
                          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                            Nice - will be good to hear about your experiences.
                            I was waiting until I had some details to reply to you, but I ran the battery down to 6 miles left and a few miles left in the R3x generator before I filled both back up. I was mostly trying to empty the fuel tank as I had no idea how old it was nor what grade it was. 2 gallons of 91 and ~$8 of electricity and the car was back at a full tank. 192 miles combined and under $20 to top it off. Im happy.

I also found out I can code the Sport mode into the car and gain 10bhp and ~15 ft/lbs and shave 1 second off the 0-60. I think theres also some traction control mods too. At the push of a button. $300....

In other news, Blueberry got kicked out of the garage and she wont be back...

Shes now on her way to Asheville, NC and the new owner is excited to take over. I gave him the link to this my E46 Fanatics thread, so hopefully the thread & path will continue on this car over there.

It was kinda fun while it lasted. Im sure if the circumstances were a little different this one would still be around... anyways...
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                              I think these would've sold way better if they didn't make them look like that.
                              Whoops, meant to respond to you with clarification and I guess I didn't.

Basically I don't mean the overall shape, mostly the weird "eLeCtRiC" styling:
                              Weird shaped windows/mirrors/trim
                              Excessive use of bright colours (especially blue)/Alternating colour paint schemes (basically Toyota/Hyundai with the strips of blue everywhere, or Mini with the lime green)
                              Deletion of elements like grilles without visually replacing them with anything else (IMO Mini is the worst offender of this one)
                              Minimalistic interiors marketed as "futuristic" (Staring at Tesla here)

Just make a normal car with an electric powerplant.

Comment

I am really impressed by that range though, and the front/rear are growing on me (no doubt helped along by the hideous new designs getting pumped out of BMW in the past year)
                                Last edited by Northern; 12-10-2021, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X