Bought a POS, this is R3Vs fault

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2mAn
    replied
    Rear Motorsport still present...


    Spent $15 on AlfaBB and added a plate frame from Monza Motors (Ferrari, Alfa, Fiat shop) that closed years ago. Feels like the right patina...





    Thinking about painting the badge (restoring it??) But not sure what color Blue I need to get from Testors or something. Anyone know?

    Leave a comment:


  • reelizmpro
    replied
    I had that happen to an OE BMW badge from the 2000's when they really started cheaping out on them. Thankfully, they are much better now.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Yes, its no longer a complete set for $50...

    $46.50 OBO tree fiddy discount

    Leave a comment:


  • McGyver
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    Ironically, this pic is the last time you'll see that SSSquid Motorsports badge on the nose as it flew off as soon as I got on the freeway... I guess the car definitely didnt like it and rejected it.
    Good time to get a deal on the trunk badge!

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Joined Project Cars Anonymous this last weekend for a meeting. Fun stuff, pretty funny TIC stuff. Was hosted by AutoKennel in Costa Mesa


    Loved this MK2 GTI.


    Took this pic just as the sun was setting...


    Ironically, this pic is the last time you'll see that SSSquid Motorsports badge on the nose as it flew off as soon as I got on the freeway... I guess the car definitely didnt like it and rejected it.

    Leave a comment:


  • prisonerofdoom83
    replied
    They were only 50$ lol

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by McGyver
    Huh, I tried to buy those but I guess you PM'd him first. I think they're kinda cool, but I'm also glad I didn't spend $50 on something that I'm not 100% excited about.
    Still want them? lol

    Leave a comment:


  • McGyver
    replied
    Huh, I tried to buy those but I guess you PM'd him first. I think they're kinda cool, but I'm also glad I didn't spend $50 on something that I'm not 100% excited about.

    Leave a comment:


  • Panici
    replied
    Originally posted by JasonWilson48
    I kinda like old patina emblems. It feels more vintage and authentic to the car.
    Agreed. I put new roundels on my E30 and kinda wish I kept the original rear one on there.

    Can't remember if I saved it somewhere or not.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    Those look


    like shit

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonWilson48
    replied
    The new roundels are cool, but I kinda like old patina emblems. It feels more vintage and authentic to the car. But it's all subjective. I can also see the allure of having newer nice roundels.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by prisonerofdoom83
    The rear is an e30 specific fit? Where from
    They are reproduction items made by SSSquid a few years back. Proper front & rear fitment

    Leave a comment:


  • prisonerofdoom83
    replied
    The rear is an e30 specific fit? Where from

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    I'm split on these emblems too. I think it depends on the car and the overall look and intent.
    Yea, I'm on the fence too...

    Leave a comment:


  • DEV0 E30
    replied
    I'm split on these emblems too. I think it depends on the car and the overall look and intent.

    Leave a comment:

Working...