Bought a POS, this is R3Vs fault

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Panici
    Moderator
    • Dec 2009
    • 2535

    #286
    Nothing like a good forum collab.

    Why black lockstrip instead of chrome?

    Comment

    • 2mAn
      Señior Mod
      • Aug 2010
      • 20969

      #287
      Originally posted by Panici
      Nothing like a good forum collab.

      Why black lockstrip instead of chrome?
      Alpine White with chrome isnt the sexy combo, but Alpine White with Shadowline is a very sexy combo... Just have to do ALL the rest now haha
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1966 Blue Boat
      -1969 Red VW
      -1986 White BMW
      -2006 Green Thing

      Make R3V Great Again -2020

      Comment

      • 2mAn
        Señior Mod
        • Aug 2010
        • 20969

        #288
        Paid a visit to another R3V member to help with his Porsche project ...


        and you thought I was crazy
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1966 Blue Boat
        -1969 Red VW
        -1986 White BMW
        -2006 Green Thing

        Make R3V Great Again -2020

        Comment

        • Panici
          Moderator
          • Dec 2009
          • 2535

          #289
          Now THAT is a project.
          I guess values are high enough that it's worth fixing a car like that?

          Comment

          • varg
            Florida Turbo Man
            • May 2014
            • 3421

            #290
            Well I guess if early a decent early 318i with a 325 swap was over $30k people would be buying 325is shells that look like that to fix up. I think I have my analogy right, the only 911 vs 912 ID feature I can see is the engine cradle mounts. Classic 911s are Hemi Charger tier for how far gone a car can be before people just scrap it.

            IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            '93 RX-7 FD3S, pretty and slow

            Comment

            • Dj Buttchug
              R3V OG
              • Jun 2010
              • 7684

              #291
              Saw a 911 Carrera same body style go for over a million at a Mecum auction. I'm not really a well versed Porsche snob but they are super valuable.

              Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
              Ig:ryno_pzk
              I like the tuna here.
              Originally posted by lambo
              Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

              Comment

              • Northern
                I like cupcakes & sh!tboxes
                • Nov 2010
                • 5272

                #292
                Originally posted by Panici
                Now THAT is a project.
                I guess values are high enough that it's worth fixing a car like that?
                I think it's more for content (Donut), but basically seems like a good way to get into one/make a restoration of this scale feasible.

                I'm all for it.
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

                Comment

                • Chilezen
                  I weld cats
                  • Dec 2013
                  • 1938

                  #293
                  If I had the time and was crazy (one of which is true), I would (and could) build a tube frame chassis on a jig table, and then plot that beat up shell on top of it. Anything less would be.. dangerous.
                  Basically what Mike is doing with his F40 shell. But this is the hillbilly version of it.
                  Last edited by Chilezen; 09-26-2026, 02:14 PM.

                  Currently building a badass coffee table
                  Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

                  Comment

                  • dirty30
                    No R3VLimiter
                    • Jul 2004
                    • 3059

                    #294
                    I owned a 76 for about 10 years, they are great cars and fun to drive but fair weather cars for sure. Too hot and cramped in the summer and I didn't dare drive it in the winter because they rust like nobody's business, even a galvanized car like mine. I looked at the porsche and my bmw and had to really make a hard decision on which one would go and in the end I sold the porsche. My bmw just works better as old drivable car plus it would smoke any old porsche aside from a turbo.

                    Comment

                    • LateFan
                      R3V Elite
                      • May 2013
                      • 4414

                      #295
                      You coulda had a Lotus….

                      Comment

                      • MrBurgundy
                        R3V Degenerate
                        • Mar 2012
                        • 5596

                        #296
                        that thing needs to be rolled into the ocean

                        good for content making if you're into that i guess

                        maybe sentimental

                        maybe mental

                        who knows.
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 1973 Porsche 914 // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP // 2024 Yamaha XSR700 // 2025 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X

                        Comment

                        • 2mAn
                          Señior Mod
                          • Aug 2010
                          • 20969

                          #297
                          Originally posted by LateFan
                          You coulda had a Lotus….
                          Still do... update coming soon

                          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          that thing needs to be rolled into the ocean

                          good for content making if you're into that i guess

                          maybe sentimental

                          maybe mental

                          who knows.
                          making 'good' content is what a youtube channel is supposed to do, mine is no example of good content.

                          definitely mental lol
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1966 Blue Boat
                          -1969 Red VW
                          -1986 White BMW
                          -2006 Green Thing

                          Make R3V Great Again -2020

                          Comment

                          Working...