Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post
    IIRC my wheels are 15x7.5 ET30 with the 225/50R15 R888's. Rear flares are trimmed on the inside and the lips are rolled. I run a 3mm spacer on the front, but that's to clear the brakes. Front brake ducts are zip tied to the fender liners so they don't pop out if the tire happens to touch them, lol.

The 235s definitely rubbed in certain circumstances, but honestly they were heavy and they tramlined like crazy. The 225s clear perfectly.

What offset you want will depend on the wheel.. generally, the wider the wheel the lower offset you need. The unfortunate thing is the ix has an odd bolt pattern coupled with a unique offset. The wheels that seem to be closest to fitting right are from the Miata crowd (which is what mine are).
    cool. that's good information. I haven't even had a chance to dive into the world of IX wheels at this point, but I know it will happen post MS.

Comment

I used to have a chart I made to help me calculate offsets based on wheel/tire size. It was based on running things like hoosiers and all sorts of wheel/tire combos.

These days I put so few miles on the car that the tires will age out before the tread is totally gone.. lol
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        I used to have a chart I made to help me calculate offsets based on wheel/tire size. It was based on running things like hoosiers and all sorts of wheel/tire combos. These days I put so few miles on the car that the tires will age out before the tread is totally gone.. lol
        Ya I think I'm going to sell my 205's and try a 225. I definitely need as much rubber as I can get lol. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Dodged a serious bullet here. I was going over the car and decided to check the timing belt tension since it was new, noticed the belt was rubbing on the covers. After some tips from the guys on Facebook they suggested the tensioner failure. Here's what I found, could of snapped at any moment. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Is that the tensioner you get in the Contitech kit? I've been having really bad luck with them. I've had 3 start to squeak within 5k miles after installing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Eskie View Post
              Is that the tensioner you get in the Contitech kit? I've been having really bad luck with them. I've had 3 start to squeak within 5k miles after installing them.
              No I bought it separately because I run a gates belt but I thought I bought a oem one but that was months ago and it doesn't look like a bmw part. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                No I bought it separately because I run a gates belt but I thought I bought a oem one but that was months ago and it doesn't look like a bmw part. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                That’s nuts, I’ve never seen that style crack there before. Good catch though. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

tensioner will never crack again. Thanks to the folks in Finland for the secret fix! Used a pulley from an older Toyota and a little machining to make an adapter problem solved. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Awesome, thanks for info
                    https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
                    https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Of course the car wouldn't go the winter without changes :p Time to retire the original manifold and make long overdue improvements. Also swapped to a gtx3582r, sooo if anyone's interested in a gtx3576r let me know lol. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Beautiful fab work
                        sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Make a jig for your manifold! What housing are you running on the 3582?
                          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

dammit man, I thought it would be time.... I guess we have to wait again ;)
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                              Make a jig for your manifold! What housing are you running on the 3582?
                              Maybe one day I'll sell some but it really doesn't pay enough to make it worth the effort for a home gamer. And it's a t4 1.06ar rear housing. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Also I forgot to post this from a few weeks ago. This is still going very easy on the launch and still have room for improvement with out more power. New pb of 10.79 at 132! https://youtu.be/RcnuHVD1QFs Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Working...
                                X