Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://youtu.be/TFGqRyTzy_k Had some fun with the Ix over that past few weekends. I desperately need some tires to be more competitive on a street surface but I think with some more tweaks and adjusts I may touch 9's on a strip with my current street tires. There's a lot of new features in the new dct software that should also help shave some time but there's still a few bugs that need worked out so I haven't been able to run it yet. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

That's still rather quick in a stock chassis E30 on an unprepped surface
      sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Nice. I would say, that's much faster than merely "quick", lol.

This has to be the fastest ix that I know of, except the one that was racing Veyrons and stuff (destroying them, naturally) but his car was pretty wildly modified and pretty much just a drag racer.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          Nice. I would say, that's much faster than merely "quick", lol.

This has to be the fastest ix that I know of, except the one that was racing Veyrons and stuff (destroying them, naturally) but his car was pretty wildly modified and pretty much just a drag racer.
          I think Nisse Jarnet's is faster, but it would be by a bee's dick if anything
          sigpic

Comment

yeah, that's who I was thinking of; it's insanely fast, like gapping on supercars fast. But like I said, it's basically a purpose built drag racer at this point - not something you would daily drive.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Lol ya nisse car is stupid fast and believe it or not he drives it a lot on the street. He runs like a high 9 on the street, I'm still mid 10s on the street so I got some work to do to keep up. Plus he makes about an extra 200hp probably. My goal Is touch 9's on a track and run consistent around 10.4ish on the street with street tires. I may splurge on some drag radials if I want to party haha Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

I figured he might, but I think most people probably wouldn't. lol.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

This makes me tempted to build up a particular IX but I think the cost would make me second guess that ... How would I need to be to go down that path? lol
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Sad day for the Ix 😔 Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Wow what happened? Oil line come off or something?
                      Looks fixable which is good at least
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                        Wow what happened? Oil line come off or something? Looks fixable which is good at least
                        I'm not sure yet but I couldn't find any oil or fuel leaks so at first glance I'm thanking it was electrical. And ya its fixable just gonna take some time. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

This update hurts my soul. Hope you have a speedy repair and get a good idea of what happened/how to prevent it from happening again
                          Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

that's painful to see. I hope you can sort it out with out too much trouble.
                              On the upside it wasn't in the garage or by the house when you weren't around
                              "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
                              Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

Well after some diagnosis I got good news id say. Found the culprit to be a injector oring failed. I believe I over tighten the fuel rail and caused the rail to sit at a slight angle over the injectors. I'm going to change the mounting setup now. Also after lots and lots of cleaning and polishing I can't believe how well it turned out. Will need to repaint the front clip but honestly it was starting to get beat up from rock chips anyway. The wiring took the most of the damage so of course while its apart time for some upgrades. Have a few issues with the head but there not related to the fire, apparently I twisted the entire head casting by almost .015thou 😔. as of now I'm just going to bolt it back up and turn the boost up because I'm pretty sure that solves most issues. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Working...
                                X