No announcement yet.

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car is running well. This project took FAR longer than I anticipated. Waiting on dyno time to do the power tune. This will be interesting since I've never had a true custom tune on the car. Dynoed like 6-7 years ago on a hub dyno and made 238whp.

I'll try to give photo upload another shot using a hosting service. Can't believe it's been almost a year since I properly updated this thread.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

'89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

We want updates

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

3 out of 11 people here want updates!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
            Make that 4!

BTW Sh3rpak!ng Im again going to try organizing a dyno day soon at JMP. Interested?
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Make that 4!

BTW Sh3rpak!ng Im again going to try organizing a dyno day soon at JMP. Interested?
              I may be interested, I'm curious what my Frankenstein motor puts out.

& makes that 5! I see things of wiring shenanigans on the instragram, but I haven't fully understood the why :o

Currently building a badass coffee table
              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

5 here

Edit: I can't count. 6 here
                Last edited by Northern; 01-20-2023, 11:53 AM.
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post

& makes that 5! I see things of wiring shenanigans on the Instagram, but I haven't fully understood the why :o
                  I'll definitely let you know...

As far as WHY. Charlie is never satisfied with good enough
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I'm gonna go with "because it's badass"

Currently building a badass coffee table
                    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                      We want updates
                      ok

Originally posted by amcp View Post
                      Yes.
                      ill try

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                      I hear ya

Make that 4!

Yes!

& makes that 5! I see things of wiring shenanigans on the instragram, but I haven't fully understood the why :o
                      Originally posted by Northern View Post
                      5 here
                      I have an addiction

I'll definitely let you know...

As far as WHY. Charlie is never satisfied with good enough
                      that's part of it

I'm gonna go with "because it's badass"
                      also true
                      Shadetree30

Comment

Testing google images for hosting photos...

Click image for larger version

Name:	AL9nZEXIasxGqGbl1A2xPLGtXTh446zn2Yfavo50S8Q6irt71uYlCTcVbffim9Rvf1GGGK35Vce1uVKFhf7Z6I6O0DbdOwBUShN18mQDKxJuNsihsWRqRkalvT-c2X9BMWYVzOYaz7rzep3xJk8b1pzYH0DDgA=w2561-h1154-no?authuser=0.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	10082303
                        Shadetree30

Comment

i try to keep up with the ig stories. pretty sure i miss a bulk of them but each time is something rad. keep up the good work! -someone local was unloading a link ecu (couple hundred off retail) and i thought about it, but that leads to a door i'm not ready to expense yet! anyways looking forward to an update!
                          89 325i 4dr s52
                          02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
                          21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
                            i try to keep up with the ig stories. pretty sure i miss a bulk of them but each time is something rad. keep up the good work! -someone local was unloading a link ecu (couple hundred off retail) and i thought about it, but that leads to a door i'm not ready to expense yet! anyways looking forward to an update!
                            I'm not even that great at documenting everything between IG or general photos. Glad you enjoy following along!
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Ok, let's start the updates with a minor interior change. I decided to do away with my bimarco seats (they're for sale!) not because there was really anything wrong with them, but I wanted larger seats. Especially the passenger side, so I can actually have friends ride along and fit comfortably.

Decided to use garagistic floor mounts and seat mounts. Seem to have loads of adjustability on the floor mount, and the seat mounts allow a high degree of seat angle which I like.

Installed floor mounts

Seat mounted

Cabin is looking really tidy

Went out to the canyons and painted some extra stripes on the road

Earlier that same day I shattered an axle. The cage and inner race. I was launching from an intersection "showing off" to my friend. Embarrassing. Drove the car home on one axle and roasted the recently rebuilt LSD. It would have been smarter to flatbed it home. AAA tow is free, LSD rebuild is not.

Next up we will get into the standalone link ECU conversion. It gets fun.

Shadetree30

Comment

Before I get into detailing the big standalone ECU project, couple more exciting updates to share.

Paid off my student loan and promptly purchased a new care to be my daily, taking over duties from my poor old E36. This is the first “new” car I’ve ever purchased so it was and is a huge life milestone, doubly so being the fanatic gearhead that I am. The choice was pretty clear when it came down to it. I wanted to continue with a BMW, and there’s only been one car BMW produced in the last 10 years that I was interested to own – the M2 competition.

It's a 2020 M2 competition, 16k miles, DCT, executive package, hockenheim silver with blue accent stitching in the interior. I’ve had the car now for around 8-9 months now and I love it more and more every day. I intend this to be my primary car for the next 10-15 years if I can help it, like the E36 was before. All of the reviews were spot on, and if Chris Harris owns one, you know its something special. For me, it brings some essence of what the BMW M cars of old used to be – German hotrods. This car is a total hooligan, nimble, sharp, clean lines, rips epic burnouts with zero effort. The DCT is addicting too. With all the modes turned up, the DCT snaps shifts, you feel the kick in your back, and sounds like a thunder clap. Hard not to giggle while toying around.

Wasted no time with mods. This car will not get crazy. Just some tasteful changes. The photo below is after install of eibach lowering springs ~.5” to .8” drop. Since then I also added Ti wheel studs and nuts, 5mm spacers, Dinan muffler, and Active Autowerke equal length mid section.

Next update
                                I started a new job. It’s an exciting change for a few reasons, but first and foremost it brings me into the automotive manufacturing industry in the coolest way possible. Back in October I accepted an offer to work with Divergent 3D/Czinger Vehicles here in Los Angeles. Some of you may recognize Czinger as the manufacturer of the 21C – the first “3D printed hypercar”. The 21C is no joke. The first driving prototype already shattered production car lap records at COTA and Laguna Seco besting the Mclaren P1 and Senna resectively (and this was in rough prototype trim – only making 650bhp of the intended 1250bhp). And as cool as the 21C is, it's really a side project to the main focus of the parent business (Divergent 3D) which is to mature additive manufacturing technology to a level of productivity and cost competitiveness to replace traditional production manufacturing lines. The company is 7 years old and in the midst of transition from R&D focus, to launching production for customers. I never thought in a million years I’d be able to work for a company as interesting as this, and closely aligned to my passions, in Southern California, but here we are.

Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X