No announcement yet.

The Journey of Linda and Friends - the M20b31 Lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be cool to dyno with and without the SSSpacer.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
      Be cool to independent dyno with and without the SSSpacer.
      fixed
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

That’ll be easy-peasy to switch out on the dyno.
        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

I posted up my Stromung on the local Indy page with like 30 members and got a message from a guy who had the exact exhaust parts I was looking for and wanted to trade for a bolt-on catback. Funny how things work out sometimes. I got his bits plus some coin to contribute to the exhaust fab, so I think this will work out very well.

It's going to be 2.25" dual out of the headers, back 64" to the Y pipe which turns it into single 2.5" to the muffler which is single 2.5" in and a dual tip out.

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr

Comment

Pretty cool development- Jay (sssquid) is going to tune the car on Motronic, so I sold the whodwho setup to Bradnic. We have been chatting about it for a minute, and he feels confident we can get it tuned properly on the stock ECU with some new developments he has made.

He is modeling and CFD testing a bunch of stuff, I got an actual compression reading to go off of, should be interesting. Staying 3bar FPR but bumping up to a 24# injector.

Put fresh plugs in, drained out the "first start" oil and put in the good stuff!

Oh, and I really need help with exhaust. I've been through the wait list at 4 shops now, all who have since bailed.

Comment

dang dude. look at that engine bay. I'm 2-3 months behind you
              definitely want to hear more about motronic tuning - maybe that will work with my 2.9 325 build
              I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
              DB vert plastic bumpers
              OEM Keys
              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
              91 ic Calypso 3.1
              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
              TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
              e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                Do you have the part number for this muffler? I hope it's on the box.
                Paynemw
                1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
                the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
                1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                  dang dude. look at that engine bay. I'm 2-3 months behind you
                  definitely want to hear more about motronic tuning - maybe that will work with my 2.9 325 build
                  He has the ability to do MAP/MAF stuff now, too, so it very well may work out for your 2.9l car! Once we’ve gotten somewhere I’ll certainly post up some details- can’t wait to see your MM in action!

Originally posted by paynemw View Post
                  Do you have the part number for this muffler? I hope it's on the box.

Yeah, it’s Magnaflow 14815!

E30 folks have been using it for many moons- it’s a great fit.

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

the squish area on 200 and 731 is the surface bounded by the two red loops (the outer loop is the D86mm or bore and the inner loop is the chamber) the piston needs to be perfectly flat in the corresponding areas to maximise squish which means the two surfaces will then come within around 0.035" and 0.045" (parallel seperation) of each other to squeeze the air increasing the turbelunce speed in the chamber and moving the charge towards the spark plug. Its no coincidence the squish bad is the farthest / opposite region from the plug.

that is the best explanation I've ever seen. THANK YOU digger
                    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

AWDBOB, if you are still looking for a center muffler/resonator to minimize drone I'd suggest looking at snagging an E46 one. It's the only thing I've been able to find that is small enough to fit in the tunnel.
                      '87 5-speed 325is
                      The best $750 I ever spent!

Are you in Michigan?
                      Do you want to know where all the E30's are?
                      Try checking out the Michigan E30 Map

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyJew89 View Post
                        AWDBOB, if you are still looking for a center muffler/resonator to minimize drone I'd suggest looking at snagging an E46 one. It's the only thing I've been able to find that is small enough to fit in the tunnel.
                        I ended up with a vibrant ultra quiet resonator after the Y, into the 14815. We shall see how it sounds!

Comment

Oh yeah, after the Y there are options. I thought it was going before the Y. The E46 option is dual in and dual out
                          '87 5-speed 325is

Are you in Michigan?

Comment

Oh yeah, after the Y there are options. I thought it was going before the Y. The E46 option is dual in and dual out
                            Oh nice, that’s a good option! I am making the merge at a specific point for harmonics so I had to throw the resonator after it merged.

Comment

Yeah, I know. I remember seeing digger's trials in a thread years ago.
                              64" is way the heck out there. You mentioned that the O2 was going to be after the merge. Is there any concern with having it be that far downstream.
                              '87 5-speed 325is

Are you in Michigan?

Comment

Yeah, I know. I remember seeing digger's trials in a thread years ago.
                                64" is way the heck out there. You mentioned that the O2 was going to be after the merge. Is there any concern with having it be that far downstream.
                                I am doing 32” to simplify things a bit while keeping the 02 closer to the engine, although I am unsure if it makes a difference or not regarding a reading that far down the line.

Every time I have had a car tuned in the past, they pull 02 out of the tailpipe in addition to whatever 02 I have wired in, and 99% of the time the tailpipe 02 was what was used for tuning. That may also be due to inconsistency/quality between/of customer equipment, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X