No announcement yet.

*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That engine bay is looking nice! I like the red with the blue.

Hopefully it stops raining soon :(

Comment

*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Originally posted by nauqneyugn View Post
      Do you live near Ingram? If so, my dog and I walk by your XC most days.

Sure do. If you ever see me out there working, feel free to stop. I’m a nice enough guy.
      Last edited by adam.nonis; 01-29-2018, 05:22 AM.

Comment

We used to live in Ballard and hung out at Odvar's, the Volvo mechanic. That's when we had the 240T wagon.

Comment

My dad’s body shop was on the corner of 65th and 24th. I spent my summers as a kid sweeping up and running around Ballard.

Got all the front lights working tonight. Still need to aim the headlights, but this is almost as momentous as the day I drove it around the block the first time. To get from where the wagon was when I got it to here is a pretty big deal. I’m stoked.

Comment

Thats a wicked looking pic! I cant wait to see the "finished" pic
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Sweet!! Amazing job, cant wait to see this finished.
              Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
                My dad’s body shop was on the corner of 65th and 24th. I spent my summers as a kid sweeping up and running around Ballard.
                Way over by us then! I've driven through that intersection thousands of times. Is it torn down now? It looks like all apartments now.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                  Way over by us then! I've driven through that intersection thousands of times. Is it torn down now? It looks like all apartments now.

Yeah, my dad retired about 10 years ago and sold the property.

Comment

Nothing new today besides a wash. I need to mount the front bumper, figure out a defogger situation and finish the taillights and I can start road testing.

Also, I had a crazy dream the other night. Awaiting a PShop and I’ll share the details.

Comment

Really great work!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

If there's any graphic designers watching this build that would be interested in comping some time on a project for the Amazon, message me for details. Thanks!!

Comment

Bumper mounts

I’ll have to take a completed pic later. Got excited to take it out on the road for a shake down run.

Comment

308 likes, 17 comments - Atom Design & Development (@atomdd) on Instagram on February 4, 2018: "Took it for the first shake down run. Plenty more to come. Hahaha!! Stopped by to visit @dmelvi00..."

Comment

I cannot believe how the wheelbase was so close, and how well this wagon sits down over the wheels. Nobody would have expected this, seeing that body hanging from straps over a cut up shell, but we didn’t know you. And now it runs and functions in what seems like no time.

I’m genuinely impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                                I cannot believe how the wheelbase was so close, and how well this wagon sits down over the wheels. Nobody would have expected this, seeing that body hanging from straps over a cut up shell, but we didn’t know you. And now it runs and functions in what seems like no time.

I’m genuinely impressed.
                                To be honest, even people who know me thought I was crazy, LOL, and I've been doing crazy stuff for years. I tried explaining to people that this was the fastest path to a running/driving car. I still have a LOOOOOOONG way to go until it's "done", but the fact I can drive it to work, and out and about will make it much easier to get stuff completed. Now I can buzz it into the shop to do some work and then run it home. I "shouldn't" have to set up the pop-up tent quite as much.

I'm pretty damn excited.

Comment

Working...
                                X