No announcement yet.

Project finished - 'MY22' 318is - bare metal, nut and bolt restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks all, feels good to see it almost done.
    88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Looks great, the fitment and ride height are perfect! No need to be more aggressive than that.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Outstanding! I really like the wheels. The whole look of the car is so tidy, all the little details really add up to a significant whole. Just well done.

Comment

Thanks all for the positive vibes 👍

Aaaaand just like that…. Project is finished 🙌

Front half of the car is PPF up to and including the a pillars.
          Whole car is coated in Kamikaze. Zipang on paint, FSC on the PPF.

Great job IMO by both vendors involved, really nicely done. From more than 30 centimetres you cant tell it’s wrapped.

I had two last jobs to finish; the black plastic bumper trim and M3 bumper gaskets.

The bumper trim I had was new and genuine but it had quite noticeable mould flashing on the top edge. So after trying to fit it I relented and sanded it all back to remove all the flashing and part lines and repainted in a urethane trim paint. Looks heaps better

I had both regular M3 and the Sport Evo gaskets to choose from. SE gasket is actually pretty ugly (all function) so I chose the standard one.
          The edge gaskets (its 3 pieces across the front) need to be trimmed to fit regular E30 as the guards are not as wide. After trying both ways I chose to stick the gasket to the body rather than the bumper as its supposed to be.
          Gaskets have a molded lip to suit application to M3 bumpers. These don’t really work for standard bumpers FYI IMO. So reversed it, sticks good, easy to align. Happy days 😊

Oh, and I got a wheel alignment.

Took it for a spin… it’s nice. Pretty quiet, pretty comfy. Yeah, it’s nice. 😊

As picked up from Auto Attention and Maxwell

Paint is pretty flat.

Really oversaturates the old iphone in direct sun…

Sport evo gasket. Too big.

Regular gasket

The end.
          Thanks for watching 👍👍🙏😁
          88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Originally posted by burkey001 View Post
            Thanks all for the positive vibes 👍

Aaaaand just like that…. Project is finished 🙌

Front half of the car is PPF up to and including the a pillars.
            Whole car is coated in Kamikaze. Zipang on paint, FSC on the PPF.

Great job IMO by both vendors involved, really nicely done. From more than 30 centimetres you cant tell it’s wrapped.

I had two last jobs to finish; the black plastic bumper trim and M3 bumper gaskets.

The bumper trim I had was new and genuine but it had quite noticeable mould flashing on the top edge. So after trying to fit it I relented and sanded it all back to remove all the flashing and part lines and repainted in a urethane trim paint. Looks heaps better

I had both regular M3 and the Sport Evo gaskets to choose from. SE gasket is actually pretty ugly (all function) so I chose the standard one.
            The edge gaskets (its 3 pieces across the front) need to be trimmed to fit regular E30 as the guards are not as wide. After trying both ways I chose to stick the gasket to the body rather than the bumper as its supposed to be.
            Gaskets have a molded lip to suit application to M3 bumpers. These don’t really work for standard bumpers FYI IMO. So reversed it, sticks good, easy to align. Happy days 😊

Oh, and I got a wheel alignment.

Took it for a spin… it’s nice. Pretty quiet, pretty comfy. Yeah, it’s nice. 😊

As picked up from Auto Attention and Maxwell

Paint is pretty flat.

Really oversaturates the old iphone in direct sun…

Sport evo gasket. Too big.

Regular gasket

The end.
            Thanks for watching 👍👍🙏😁
            Beautiful Man

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

😍😍
              Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

That car right there is Fucking Nice.
                Go put some km on it.
                sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Very very nice.
                  COTM in the making.
                  E30 320i vert
                  But daily drive is Volvo V60 Polestar

Comment

WOW that thing is perfect!
                    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Tzantushka View Post
                      COTM in the making.
                      Yup. Been waiting

Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

COTM? I’d nominate this for COTY!

What a journey and what a fantastic result!

Comment

Hello, just a couple pics of it in real life.
                          Sorry 2man, my photographer was recovering from a medical procedure and wasnt able to travel up for pics... still needs to happen, we have a spot penciled in for a magazine.

At the BMW Nationals recently.

Should have taken some more pics in hindsight, but I wasn't really feeling the day early on :)

I clearly dont know what is involved in concours judging. Folks seemed more concerned with working headlights and tail lights. Never done a car show before... The look of disapproval I got when I said I didn't have bulbs in my fog lights because the fog lights are like candles so why bother... lol :) More experienced campaigners had books printed about their car, little life size dioramas set up etc.... That's not me.
                          Plus the car is about the furthest thing possible from original and unmodified, so that didn't help.
                          Still, I think they felt sorry for me cos it is kinda nice, but it's not a "concours car" - i.e. an original survivor... so they gave me a "special mention award" which is a big lol because it's like when you're in primary school and they hand the dumb kids a 'participation award' :) :)

It survived a 500 mile drive from my old place to my new place like a champ, and took it on a tour around

Just glad it's finished.

Two tweaks to make
                          1) the centre console slightly squeaks on the dash because the carpet is a lot thicker on that OEM, so I have some felt strips to help them be quiet
                          2) the exhaust header needs a tiny bit more clearance around the steering uni. Very slight contact on hard right handers.

Comment

Saw this on the day. You've done a fantastic job and was great to be able to see a car that i have followed from start to finish on here, in the flesh!
                            RHD OBD2 M50b25 turbo build thread:
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=384800

Comment

Originally posted by ba114 View Post
                              Saw this on the day. You've done a fantastic job and was great to be able to see a car that i have followed from start to finish on here, in the flesh!
                              Oh cool, did we have a chat?
                              Bumped into a few forum people on the day, some folks I haven't seen in years too

Comment

Originally posted by burkey001 View Post

Oh cool, did we have a chat?
                                Bumped into a few forum people on the day, some folks I haven't seen in years too
                                Nah didnt get a chance to unfortunately, each time i popped down you seemed pretty occupied.
                                It was my first time entering a judged event like this. My car certainly wasnt in the condition they were expecting...
                                RHD OBD2 M50b25 turbo build thread:
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=384800

Comment

Working...
                                X