No announcement yet.

The Ecobeamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's pretty neat how early boost comes on with these twin scroll turbos on high-ish compression engines. Decent amount of headroom for tuning too it seems, man are the ecoboost mustangs slow stock, but it seems you could make one fast with just some tuning and bolt ons if you wanted to do such a thing.
    @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20B25, T3/T04E 60 trim (15psi), megasquirt, coilovers, Z3 rack, cold AC
    [b u i l d]
    [Car of the month: April 2018]

0c8b7c9527af628a346878feb14bf757

Comment

dyno looks like an m30.

Comment

How long will it last at those numbers?
        Zach@Zakspeed.us

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          It's pretty neat how early boost comes on with these twin scroll turbos on high-ish compression engines. Decent amount of headroom for tuning too it seems, man are the ecoboost mustangs slow stock, but it seems you could make one fast with just some tuning and bolt ons if you wanted to do such a thing.
          they are impressive motors, what really gets me is how you can run 87 octane on these turbocharged motors producing over a bar of boost. ive seen some naturally aspirated v8s with the same compression ratio as the ecoboost rated for 93/91 only. kinda crazy.

the neat thing about the ecoboost mustang compared to the gt is that they are much lighter and much better weight distribution

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
            hopefully pretty dang long, theres allot of ecoboost mustangs out there with bigger turbos with much higher hp numbers than mine that see allot of use as daily drivers, but the torque is pretty far up there.

im going to install a water injection system soon so I doubt ill ever have issues with knock but it is crazy torque.

the tuner set my afrs to 11.5 which is pretty safe anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
              I guess with that much torque there must be allot of pressure in the combustion chamber. maybe its likely to blow the headgasket, that's something that happens with these sometimes

Comment

holy crap!! nice work and thats a helluva torque curve... patiently waiting for in car vids of acceleration and tire roasting :)
                '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                Shadetree30

Comment

Modern turbo engines are amazing things - great result! The ecoboost Mustang I test drove didn't feel laggy, pretty much like a 6 cylinder, and your dyno plot shows how low in the revs boost comes on with the ecoboost. Must be a hoot in a light e30!
                  My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                    holy crap!! nice work and thats a helluva torque curve... patiently waiting for in car vids of acceleration and tire roasting :)
                    Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                    Modern turbo engines are amazing things - great result! The ecoboost Mustang I test drove didn't feel laggy, pretty much like a 6 cylinder, and your dyno plot shows how low in the revs boost comes on with the ecoboost. Must be a hoot in a light e30!

yeah its pretty serious power honestly, when I open the motor up hard I have hard time even looking at gauges or anything because I get in the zone almost like tunnel vision because its doing so much work. im gonna get more videos and updates coming in gradually over time.

i love turbos they are cool, i test drove an ecoboost mustang too before i got working on the project and it was fun.

Comment

Working...
                    X