• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
    Painless.
    painless time removal, cheap rates

-----

I replaced the sun visor panel with a nicer one, and got the sunroof motor working smoothly.

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr

PS lines no more leaky

1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Operation turn my entire backyard into a pole barn is underway

I also made some more progress on the TXholdem

I used the AFM that came with the car, and had a miss under load. Surprise, that AFM was bad.

I used the radiator that I got with the car, went to bleed the coolant and it leaked through the end tanks. Replaced with a nissens.

New PS lines STILL LEAKED so I ordered alloy crush washers instead of copper. NO MORE PS LEAKS

Got the Ansa Sport aligned a little better.

Tail lights that came with the car looked fine in photos but were all sorts of cracked. Replaced with a good set.

The front valence and trunk lid that came with the car were in awful shape, so I had a straight valence, air ducts, trunk lid, and iS spoiler painted. I did another buyout last weekend, and it came with a genuine alpine II iS lip, so I threw that on the car. Shoutout to E30Bastard for the smoked fogs!!!! What a legend

Installed good fender liners, splash shields, under tray, and air ducts to finish it off.

Blower motor works well, needs resistor which I'll install soon. Wipers work as intended, shockingly. This thing is almost over the finish line!

I'm going to plate it and give it a good shake down once the weather breaks.

Last edited by AWDBOB; 03-07-2024, 06:55 PM.

Comment

barn have roof

Comment

Hoopty is done! Header V2 is finished up. Once I'm done spending every waking moment moving shops for the next 3mo, I'm going to do a stock exhaust/header dyno comparison to get some data. The primaries are HUGE. They step to 2" before hitting the collector. This is what the data said it wanted, but real life I'm sure will tell a different tale. It's straight piped with a Magnaflow 14815 muffler. Not too loud, sounds glorious.

The crew has been killing it! The color matches nicely with the house. It's intimidating making such a big decision based on a 1"x1" swatch, but really worked out. Went with a burgundy and a charcoal. Or as we all know it, Malaga.

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr​
          Last edited by AWDBOB; 03-13-2024, 08:45 AM.

Comment

That space looks wonderful. Going full concrete inside and 1 lift? Im guessing you want insulation so you can play in the barn year round?
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              That space looks wonderful. Going full concrete inside and 1 lift? Im guessing you want insulation so you can play in the barn year round?
              Thank you!! I am very happy with how it sits on the property and how the color matches the house/garage.

Yep, doing concrete hopefully next week- trying to land a nice day so it sets up nice.

I am going to run wiring for my lift, but idk if I'm going to have the space or not since I am condensing from a large space to a way less large but still substantial space. My normal garage is insulated and has heat/AC so my thought was that I will use that as my workshop, and then use the barn for storage. But if I can squeeze the lift in there, it's going in, especially considering I only bought it a few years ago.

I'm hopefully going to spray foam the walls, but I'm not closing in the ceiling and really don't want to spray foam the under side of the roof, so still trying to figure out what to do there since I can't blow in insulation.

Likely going to build a 7' mezzanine as well to take advantage of the 14' walls​

Comment

maaaaan the stoke is high today. I drove the white car for the first time a few hours ago and it feels fantastic. Apparently replacing everything mechanical on a car will cause it to drive quite well.

I have to get it aligned and then have the paint guy finish going over a few things and I'll start driving the car!

It's also disgustingly dirty, but can't really fix that with all the construction at my house so it'll have to wait.

Comment

Thats too nice, must sell to retain hooptie title
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Thats too nice, must sell to retain hooptie title
                    I’ll sell it, but only if you change the title under my username to something hooptie related

Comment

Royal Flush.

Building is exciting.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                        Royal Flush.

Building is exciting.
                        Concrete this week!

------

Cluster time..... I polished a lens, installed a set of my bro's trim rings, replaced a main board due to a cold solder joint making the gas gauge go wild, and replaced the odometer gears preventatively (somehow they hadn't failed yet).

Comment

I love the white e30!!
                          Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                            I love the white e30!!
                            Thank you- it turned out better than it should have!

---------

Barn is coming right along. They hung the garage door today and finished up the concrete. Waiting on the miserably slow city engineer for electric. Once the concrete cures a bit, the mezzanine build will begin. I am feeling quite blessed I was able to build this at my house.

Comment

You've created space for me!

I'll start filling it up. Be there soon.

Comment

Dang, that looks great!
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X