My Hoopte30 Project Attempt #6 - the painless way to earn cash back every day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh hawt damn, how crusty is this jam?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

What front valance is that? Alpina?

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Should've just bought the farm and got the cars for free
        bahaha I wish- it's in a fancy town towards Indy so it's out of the hoopty price range

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
        Oh hawt damn, how crusty is this jam?
        It even runs! ​Hopefully a savable level of crust.

Originally posted by Panici View Post
        What front valance is that? Alpina?
        Honestly not sure- I sent it to my buddy who is a body kit savant and he couldn't tell from the photo. It looks pretty rad in person, whatever it is.

------

I thought y'all would appreciate a screen grab of where all the cars sat when I first rolled up to this place. I was only ever supposed to absorb the three E30s and the E28 down in the field, but they ended up needing to sell the farm, so the opportunity grew over the course of a few years. Pretty crazy this was just 20 minutes south of me

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Texas holdem is still coming along! I swapped in a new updated genuine AUX fan, bypassed the low speed relay, and swapped over to r134 orings "while I was in there".

I also washed the car for the first time and paid way too much for a front toe adjustment so I could jump down to Louisville to see the legendary e30austin who was randomly in town.

We got pizza with moatilliatta and 02faq pal #dasfrogger. WE SHALL KEEP THE SPIRIT OF THE FORUM ALIVE

Kinda shocked texas holdem is where it is today. A mechanically restored car drives.... quite well. Got 24mpg too grippin' and rippin' on my way down with an s4.10

Sold my last good AC compressor, some coilovers and an s3.73 on my way down so it wasn't all a loss

Comment

No pic with the bros?!
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

No pic with the bros?!
              how could i forget such a thing

Comment

good to meet you both... finally!!!!
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

E30 BROTHERS 4 Life.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                  @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post

good to meet you both... finally!!!!

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                    E30 BROTHERS 4 Life.
                    will you guys sign my yearbook?

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post

will you guys sign my yearbook?
                      HELL YEA, BROTHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I wonder how many E30s have died in pieces in those hands that ate pizza together?
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post

HELL YEA, BROTHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                          hahahaha​

I wonder how many E30s have died in pieces in those hands that ate pizza together?
                          lets not talk about that, I am paying back my debts through this thread lol

-------

I have unturned the A/C stone on Texas Holdem... I told myself I wasn't going to do it, but that '91 I just parted was retrofitted already and I had some good parts on the shelf so here we go lol.

I'm using the stock condenser with the updated BMW aux fan with the low speed resistor bypassed.

I installed the r134 drier, single pressure switch, and wired the low pressure switch closed, as the new single pressure switch provides both high and low pressure safeties. I jumped the updated pressure switch wiring and hit snowflake to make sure I had 12v at the clutch wire (compressor grounds to the engine) and all was well.

The compressor I pulled off of the '91 is the later seiki unit. The wiring was cut to the compressor but the system had fresh oil in it, so I am hoping for the best. Worst case scenario, I scored a rebuilt seiki off of rockauto a while back I have been saving for something like this that I can install if this one is no good. It spins freely, builds pressure spinning by hand, and clutch engages/disengages smoothly.

The seiki lines are different than the bosch lines on the car (compressor to cabin and compressor to condenser), so I have them ready to go.

Under the dash I installed the evaporator from the '91 as well as a new r134 expansion valve I had on the shelf.

I wrote a note to the next guy, lol, hoping no one sees it.

Green orings all the way around. I'm going to pull vacuum on the system tomorrow and hope for the best!

I also installed cruise back onto the car tonight now that it's no longer a parts car. The cluster I refreshed for the car had a main board issue, so I have a tested main board going in that cluster so I finally get blinkers on the dash.

Cruise back in bizz

Comment

Your evaporator core looks in better shape than mine did when I pulled it out lol. Maybe I should’ve cut that foam corner. Ah well it’s all buttoned up now 🫡

Comment

Originally posted by raymang View Post
                              Your evaporator core looks in better shape than mine did when I pulled it out lol. Maybe I should’ve cut that foam corner. Ah well it’s all buttoned up now 🫡
                              That foam corner removal is also the secret to being able to get to the upper right evaporator cover bolt without a swivel. Definitely don't recommend it on a cream puff car, but once it's done and you have working A/C, it is quickly forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                                '91 325i met its maker this week. The deeper into it I got, the more rust I found, RIP
                                How rusty is too rusty? Asking for a friend (definitely not me)

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Working...
                                X