BMW ix M60!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW ix M60!??

Any opinions on the name of this hunk of junk? I thought an "ix M60" was an all wheel drive 3 series built 1988-1991 with a 4.0 v8 (if someone actually built one that's epic) But now I stand corrected.
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=267166
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=380488

The future is EV, though I dont think its the best answer to the current problems.. Seems like Hydrogen is a better solution, but what do I know

BMWs naming convention has been useless since they claimed the 1,3,5,7 were going to be sedans while the 2,4,6,8 were going to be coupes while immediately releasing "GranCoupe" 4-series 4 doors...

I wish they would shrink the grille since its not even a grille at all. Its there for cosmetics and its absolutely hideous.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

are you talking about the new BMW abominations or an E30 325ix with an M60 swap? I read the thread title and I clicked because that's what i was expecting
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

haha My Mom wants a new EV and mentioned this one. If she buys it there will be a WTB for an iX badge to properly label it lol
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          are you talking about the new BMW abominations or an E30 325ix with an M60 swap? I read the thread title and I clicked because that's what i was expecting
          Same, had to look up the new turd, which is what it is. It's not exactly surprising of course, since it's a new BMW, none of which have been interesting to me since the E82, even if the F30 came close.

Comment

I thought someone did that before.

anyways, take a loan out and enroll in fab school
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I seen a Tesla today with friends of coal license plate. Finally, someone who gets it!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                I seen a Tesla today with friends of coal license plate. Finally, someone who gets it!
                Ha ha ha....nice.

How about the X1 s-drive2.8i....I thought X meant all wheel drive and s-drive was designating rear wheel drive cars (Z4 s-drive3.5i) or maybe the RWD drive versions of SUV's but apparently a FWD re-badged mini is also s-drive....I quit trying to understand all of this a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post

Ha ha ha....nice.

How about the X1 s-drive2.8i....I thought X meant all wheel drive and s-drive was designating rear wheel drive cars (Z4 s-drive3.5i) or maybe the RWD drive versions of SUV's but apparently a FWD re-badged mini is also s-drive....I quit trying to understand all of this a few years ago.
                  s is 2wd
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

s is 2wd
                    I know...sad attempt at humor...

Comment

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post

I know...sad attempt at humor...
                      :c

Comment

Hydrogen is a fossil fuel industry pipe dream, and I'm and oil & gas worker. If you are gonna go through all the energy form conversions and phase changes to produce green or maybe blue hydrogen, why not just charge a damn battery with those electrons instead?

Now if you are down for some gray or brown hydrogen, we'll then why not just eliminate a few unnecessary steps and just burn the oil & gas to begin with?

Methane capture and reformation is legitimately where I think this VC funding should be going rather than hydrogen which is problematic and inefficient to store and transport.

All that said, for 99.99% of non-commercial, personal automotive uses, BEV appliances are the way, and it's ushering in a mining renaissance unlike anything that has been seen for multiple generations. Lithium is white gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        ...what hasn’t been done to an m20 yet?

m20 Oil Stencil

Comment

What even is this naming convention? M is almost as meaningless as TRD at this point. BMW has lost the plot.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

I think BMW needs to make the kidney a little bigger on this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Wergen7 View Post
                              Any opinions on the name of this hunk of junk?
                              It's dogshit and insulting to basically anyone who owned or is aware of the iX. Great brand decision.

Originally posted by priapism
                              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                              Originally posted by shameson
                              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                              X