I’m bored. Click on my poll

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Northern
    replied
    Originally posted by varg

    Doesn't appear to be a major issue, I've seen multiple boosted E36 M3s over the years that make a lot of power. At the top end of what's possible? Sure, it could be a problem. If you're turbocharging though, there's no point in paying S50/52 prices when they're essentially tarted up M50s with stroker cranks. You can just do a 3L stroker M50 using an M54B30 crank (same PN as S52 crank) and have more meat between the cylinders and S50US displacement. The thing is though, I'm not sure the rev-limited 3L stroker is actually noticeably better than a higher revving 2.8L for a street car.
    This is basically how I feel. I fell into an S52 that I might throw into my car at some point, but it's pretty easy to just throw cams in the M52 and rev it higher to make the same or more power. Hard to rev the S52 higher without a fancy damper and a lack of mechanical sympathy. Either way, I don't need the power - I'd only be doing this to say it has an S52 or for cammed/high RPM sounds.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by McGyver
    I also saw an e34 touring in CA with an m51. It was pre-95 diesel, so no smog. They just printed an emissions sticker for the engine bay and got it through registration.

    Link?

    With the expected annoyance from FB pulling people away from here, Reichart12 sent me a lovely S52 swapped Touring based in Washington that looks promising, though a little more than I want to spend on this toy... but the wheels are in motion.

    The other strong contender right now is a Corrado VR6. It offers a kid-size-friendly rear seat, a return to my recently tempting VR6 motor and a good Radwood Era car... a strong E30 alternative.

    Keep em coming! I was bidding on some cars yesterday, but nothing I really loved

    Leave a comment:


  • McGyver
    replied
    What you need is an e23 745i. Its got an m30 variant with a legal turbo. I also saw an e34 touring in CA with an m51. It was pre-95 diesel, so no smog. They just printed an emissions sticker for the engine bay and got it through registration.

    Leave a comment:


  • varg
    replied
    Originally posted by Dj Buttchug
    Is it true that 3.0 and 3.2 S engines have a harder time with boost due to less material between the cylinders. I thought I saw that someplace.
    Doesn't appear to be a major issue, I've seen multiple boosted E36 M3s over the years that make a lot of power. At the top end of what's possible? Sure, it could be a problem. If you're turbocharging though, there's no point in paying S50/52 prices when they're essentially tarted up M50s with stroker cranks. You can just do a 3L stroker M50 using an M54B30 crank (same PN as S52 crank) and have more meat between the cylinders and S50US displacement. The thing is though, I'm not sure the rev-limited 3L stroker is actually noticeably better than a higher revving 2.8L for a street car.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dj Buttchug
    replied
    Is it true that 3.0 and 3.2 S engines have a harder time with boost due to less material between the cylinders. I thought I saw that someplace.

    Anyways. I clicked the poll​

    Leave a comment:


  • varg
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn

    LOL... S52 is the undercover swap... I cant do turbos because I'm an idiot and also it would be a nightmare for smog.
    Oh yeah I forgot, California...

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn

    LOL... S52 is the undercover swap... I cant do turbos because I'm an idiot and also it would be a nightmare for smog.
    How are you gonna 2 step at 3 am in your neighborhood without turbos????

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by varg
    S52 join Dj Buttchug and I in turbo M50 E34 land.
    LOL... S52 is the undercover swap... I cant do turbos because I'm an idiot and also it would be a nightmare for smog.

    Leave a comment:


  • varg
    replied
    S52 join Dj Buttchug and I in turbo M50 E34 land.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by craz azn
    E34 525 with an S52! Cheap and cheerful, lots of interior space, quiet... a perfect blend of 'old car' that's easy to live with as a daily. Just give it some front camber, and its a beast for cornering capability.


    DEV0 E30 want to facilitate a S52 swap?

    Leave a comment:


  • craz azn
    replied
    E34 525 with an S52! Cheap and cheerful, lots of interior space, quiet... a perfect blend of 'old car' that's easy to live with as a daily. Just give it some front camber, and its a beast for cornering capability.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster

    Even worse, he's going to buy it just to exploit it on YT. It's a sick society.
    exploiting it means I actually make money in it… in this case they exploit me

    someone find me a 24v swapped sedan

    Leave a comment:


  • roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy

    well, if your future project car wasn't a WHORE I wouldn't have to
    Even worse, he's going to buy it just to exploit it on YT. It's a sick society.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    Dont you dare talk about my future project car like that!
    well, if your future project car wasn't a WHORE I wouldn't have to

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Dont you dare talk about my future project car like that!

    Leave a comment:

Working...