X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drove a Z3 this weekend.

I'm almost too big to fit in it.
    Almost.

It's tight as fuck, but mainly with a smaller steering wheel it would be very doable.
    I do things.

Comment

Big Melon in Little BMW ... they are a lot smaller than people think, they forget that they are about the same size as a Miata (the car they were made to compete against)

edit: and now Im looking at clownshoes again... love those damn little cars... WTF is wrong with me
      Last edited by 2mAn; 12-02-2019, 12:45 PM.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Melon, I pretty much exclusively play PUBG

Simon, you need help lol
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

cant figure out the youtube embedding here...

but this is a pretty cool e30 build. Very different, I don't know if I like it or not

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Simon, you need help lol
            lol

If you daily drive an automatic eta, nearly EVERYTHING will seem more exciting... the 2.8L M20 / manual swap is slow moving and the Datsun isnt ready so I am bored... this is Simon when he's bored.

The cars Im currently day dreaming about:
            -E24 633csi
            -928 5-speed
            -Clownshoe (non-M)
            -1999 911
            -3.6 swapped Cayman
            -Maserati 4.2 Coupe with 6-speed
            -CLK63

... I can probably think of a few more, but thats plenty to make me lose my mind...If I start a gofundme maybe my 2.8L M20 will be done before I do something stupid

edit: Larry Chen annoys me...

Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

lol

If you daily drive an automatic eta, nearly EVERYTHING will seem more exciting... the 2.8L M20 / manual swap is slow moving and the Datsun isnt ready so I am bored... this is Simon when he's bored.

The cars Im currently day dreaming about:
              -E24 633csi
              -928 5-speed
              -Clownshoe (non-M)
              -1999 911
              -3.6 swapped Cayman
              -Maserati 4.2 Coupe with 6-speed
              -CLK63

... I can probably think of a few more, but thats plenty to make me lose my mind...If I start a gofundme maybe my 2.8L M20 will be done before I do something stupid

edit: Larry Chen annoys me...

I daily drive a nice GMC Canyon.
              I miss having three pedals something fierce, but the truck is oh so comfy.
              I do things.

Comment

My commute in LA is a joke so I can have something silly.... and I think why not?!

Oh, Add a C63 to the list... I LOVE that "6.3" AMG motor and want it in something
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

I've always wanted a nice truck to DD, but I also thrash my shit box 2.3 5spd ranger doing truck stuff, so I've been reluctant to get something that is destined to get abused.

It's a good truck tho, it's light, good on gas and has a big enough bed to haul around shit in the desert and it has a posi diff and I haven't gotten stuck in the sand yet lol.

I've been fantasizing about 4x4s lately.

You need to get that 5spd swap going.

Are you expecting the datsun back anytime soon?

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

You need to get that 5spd swap going.

Are you expecting the datsun back anytime soon?
                    5-speed swap is basically done, parts-wise. Still need a clutch/PP but basically have everything else. Problem is that the G260 isnt the earlier style that will work with the ETA, so the swap has to happen with the M20B28...

As far as the Datsun goes, just got word that the carbs need to be rebuilt (again), and this time it will go one level deeper with some new parts that didnt get replaced the first time (pump diaphram, accel pump check balls. springs, etc). Its starting to get expensive lol

Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

I had POS trucks for years, until I suddenly had the realization that I only have so much time to go around.
                      I got tired of wrenching on my daily.

For about three years I had a reg cab 2003 Dakota SXT, 3.9L 5-speed, manual everything.
                      It was a great beater truck, but I wanted more interior space, and the ability to tow car.

2016 / 2017 were rough years, house flooded, my mother got sick and passed, and I worked on the most ridiculous project of my entire career (70-80 hour weeks for months)
                      so the GMC was a little treat to myself.
                      I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                        ...the GMC was a little treat to myself.
                        For a second I thought I overlooked that you bought a GMC TYPHOON and that wouldnt been badass... but a GMC CANYON... big truck for big Melon!? haha
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

The new Canyons are big, my neighbor has one and it looks like a C/K full size next to my S10. I am enjoying having a truck, 2003 S10 with extended cab and 4.3 V6, and it's my daily now. It's slow but I wouldn't call it 'underpowered' more like 'desperately needs a LSD'. It will one wheel peel on demand and is super easy just spin a tire uselessly away from a light or even provoke a slide on a wet road because of that. I scrounged an upgraded swaybar for it from the junkyard not too long ago and it made a fairly impressive difference, next up it needs that LSD and next year I might just rebuild a 5.3, put a cam in it and wind up with a reliable 400hp S10 to daily. Dailying the truck has also made the E30 the 'fun' car so I've been adding ignition advance and playing with the boost some without fear that I'll blow a head gasket and have to rush to replace it, it's pretty quick.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

Man been busy these past few weeks. Got the vapor blasting machine up and running, got some new pallet racks so all the inventory (**cough** hoarding) can go over head and floor be open. Thought it was going to be a little "let's re-organize this area" and became "my shop has diarrhea".

The big six is a good motor. Just finished up the grey market 635csi, but it's Euro and has the m90 in it. Made 205whp/200wtq in stock form for the base dyno. Got headers, cam, worked head with +1 valves etc. Pulls like the freight train, curious to see how it does with a dyno tune, then the ITB's go on early next year :)
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:
                            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

ForcedFirebird Im eager to get the 2.8 M20 done...
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                ForcedFirebird Im eager to get the 2.8 M20 done...
                                I was just thinking about that yesterday and went ahead and calculated the static CR. Should be 9.9:1 without shaving the block, using 84mm 2.8 crank, 130mm rods and the Gulf pistons. Might just do this in the race car instead of shaving the block for the extra 1:1 comp - after all it IS an endurance car lol. Wonder what the fuel cost difference is between 87 and 93 octane. We burn like 200 gallons in a race. :/
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:
                                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                                X