No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well 2 things an LBZ is what powered the last of the GMT800's and was the zenith of the Non emissions GM durmax's (other than EGR and Cat) and was in the 06 and the 07 "classic" hence why those trucks are the most desired. The trans issue is a also and easy fix, Suncost category 2 allison 1000 should handle what you are thinking.

Yes I know a 2500 - 3/4 ton I missed that in your post, when I was responding I was just thinking you said burb.... My mistake

dont get me wrong a 6Bt is a great proven power plant, and has its advantages, just not what I would chose to try and swap into a semi modern SUV is all.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

2 things - I’ve been gone a minute, did sonny finally fuck off?

also, who is driving during the week? Big Tujunga, Angeles Forest, Angeles Crest. I have an hour loop that i take on lunch breaks now that I’m working from home :):)
      Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
      The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
      The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
      The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        Well 2 things an LBZ is what powered the last of the GMT800's and was the zenith of the Non emissions GM durmax's (other than EGR and Cat) and was in the 06 and the 07 "classic" hence why those trucks are the most desired. The trans issue is a also and easy fix, Suncost category 2 allison 1000 should handle what you are thinking.

Yes I know a 2500 - 3/4 ton I missed that in your post, when I was responding I was just thinking you said burb.... My mistake

dont get me wrong a 6Bt is a great proven power plant, and has its advantages, just not what I would chose to try and swap into a semi modern SUV is all.
        Yeah, it's an ancient industrial diesel and it's noisy and not as efficient as electronic controlled diesels or common rail so it might not make sense to everyone, but it is to diesels what a slant a redblock is to gas engines. Simple, long lasting, easy to work on and and can make surprising amounts of power reliably. After owning the S10 for a while I realized a large SUV would suit me better than a small truck since it's RC airplanes and stuff that I regularly carry, engines and building materials far less often. The S10 will be a fine boring daily until I have my career on track, then I'll replace it with a clean Suburban with a freshened up 6BT in it. Upgrades for big power can come later. Putting up with a '90s GM interior might not make sense to everyone either but they really aren't bad to live with, E30s have the same interior quality issues (dashes crack, clusters have issues) and we all still love our E30 interiors, though to be honest E30 interiors are very good looking. Your only other option for a big diesel SUV than a swapped Suburban is a 7.3 Excursion and though that's a good powertrain I'd rather deal with '90s GM than '90s-00s Ford. My experience with GMs of the era (my '03 S10, my '95 K1500) is far better than my experience with Fords (my '01 Explorer and I've worked on a few). Or you can spend six figures on a swapped H1.

I've seen stuff about the Duramax swaps like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yP9CK0jr2o and I really don't want to be bothered with all of that BCM learning PCM computer reflashing crap. I'd just pay someone to do it. I'll build a megasquirt or do a wiring harness adapter but miss me with that spending a bunch of money on dealership tools and dealing with CAN bus BS. In the end I'd rather spend a bunch of money building exactly what I want then keep it forever than spend a bunch of money on something newer that is good and reliable but completely soulless and boring like the V8 4Runners (another I've considered in the past).

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 1-26

Comment

Both of those Isuzu powerplants are actually awful to work on if you have anything that needs to be done with the DS cylinder head or the turbo. Truly, do not go in expecting easy to work on, which I think you may be inferring based on their simple architecture.

Frankly, V8 diesels in full size trucks are just generally user unfriendly and fairly expensive to own, so unless you have a real use case I'd encourage you to skip them.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            Both of those Isuzu powerplants are actually awful to work on if you have anything that needs to be done with the DS cylinder head or the turbo. Truly, do not go in expecting easy to work on, which I think you may be inferring based on their simple architecture.

Frankly, V8 diesels in full size trucks are just generally user unfriendly and fairly expensive to own, so unless you have a real use case I'd encourage you to skip them.
            Yeah, they're a bear. A coyote F-150 would pull everything I would need.
            Also, I didn't get a diesel in my Canyon because I'm absent minded and would fill it up with gas.
            I know me, I'm kinda retarded.

I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
              A Ram 2500 is a mobile shipping crate for a Cummins engine.
              I sent that to a buddy of mine who works for Cummins.

He replied,
              "That is incredibly accurate."
              I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by majdomo View Post
                2 things - I’ve been gone a minute, did sonny finally fuck off?

also, who is driving during the week? Big Tujunga, Angeles Forest, Angeles Crest. I have an hour loop that i take on lunch breaks now that I’m working from home :):)
                Sonny finally gave up

As far as drives during the week, thats more of a SoCal chit chat question, but being that Im a SoCal chitchat-er Ive considered doing stuff like that but being where I am, it would be about a 3 hour rendezvous, but that being said I regularly take the Datsun on a Saturday Morning drive, mostly in the Malibu area though. I need to hit more of those Angeles / Tujunga roads, but just havent.. yet
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The quarantine order here in west Michigan seems to have done nothing to stop people from going out. Wanted to go for a drive but traffic levels are basically the same. Frankly I think the order ought to be lifted and businesses allowed to open again. I desperately need a hair cut.
                  My Feedback

Comment

Trying to get parts to ship is a pain in the bum. Ordered parts last Wednesday. Got a tracking number the next day, it said that it was waiting to be delivered to USPS...Sent an email today, as their phone wouldn't take calls. Then about an hour later, got a notification that the package arrived at the USPS shipping facility...

Also, trying to get an FFL that is open and is still doing transfers is a pain as well.
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                      I desperately need a hair cut.
                      Same.

I got one the Friday before the lockdown started, but by the end of this week I'll need to use more than a dime sized spot of shampoo. That's just unacceptable.
                      I do things.

Comment

Cut your own hair. Buzz cut.

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                        A 6BT isn't a V8... I cannot consider advice from someone who would think it is lol

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 1-26

Comment

I cut my own hair. I use a number 2 all the way around. Then I have my wife trim my neck and ears.
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd
                          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Sonny finally gave up

As far as drives during the week, thats more of a SoCal chit chat question, but being that Im a SoCal chitchat-er Ive considered doing stuff like that but being where I am, it would be about a 3 hour rendezvous, but that being said I regularly take the Datsun on a Saturday Morning drive, mostly in the Malibu area though. I need to hit more of those Angeles / Tujunga roads, but just havent.. yet
                            thank you sir. more socal chitchat, sucks i missed the dockweiler event. was busy and couldn't go, now i'm busy but have time and CAN'T go. /socalchitchat

on haircuts - i recently transitioned to a higher-maintenance hairstyle that is looking more shaggy by the day. previously was of the "just buzz it" crowd but needed to look more...protestant... for my work.
                            Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                            The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                            The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                            The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

I saw my neighbor giving out cuts this weekend and was tempted to go ask for a trim, but I actually have hair and not just a #1 on the side and a #2 or whatever on top... Im just going to let mine grow out.... Ive also reduced the every other day shave down to once a week, when the next becomes unbearable
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I havent gotten a haircut in 3 or 4 years LOL

Also, haven't shaved my beard in 3 months

I'm going to look like Tom Hanks in Castaway by the time this blows over.

Finally caved in and got a Vibrant muff. he he he

The e30 was too quiet.. Got boring.. Hopefully the new setup doesn't drone like a MFer, but hopefully going to a single 2.5 pipe to a long ass bottleneck resonator will help out.
                                Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                                Q
                                :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Working...
                                X