No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For real. We're nearing the end anyways.

My friend said the tacoma forums are still pretty active.. The ranger forum I'm on all the time is way more active than r3v too.
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

As someone who wasn't present during "the golden years", what activity was there that isn't here now? Just more people talking about the same stuff more often? Was the content different?

I come/came here primarily for information, and give a little when I can. I only go to facebook to sell, there's no other reason to be there.

I go to car meets to talk with people in person; I would imagine that's the same premise for being on the forum. With the added benefit of 24/7-ish access.

Having said that, after having gone to so many meets, the one take away I always notice is how much some people can talk! So it's not that there's a lack of conversation this forum is missing, I think it's people lack of desire to read and type... in addition to the void of instant gratification a forum inherently possesses. Nobody's going to sit around refreshing a page or wait for a notification that someone to respond. "I want to know someone is already there on the other end" kind of deal.

Hell, I'm an introvert, as I imagine several of you are. I prefer to sit back and enjoy this "virtual company" as others chatter. Honestly, since I don't even know who most of you are, I'm timid about introducing new topics, and I don't usually see ones I can participate in, or I've missed it as the topic changed. But that's ok, for me anyway, it's all written so I can still feel a part of it. Most of the time, that's good enough.

/rant

Currently building a badass coffee table
      Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Well fuck me and call me Sally.

There was a lot of funny individuals/charecters before & it was a no holds bar type of place, as far as the softies go.
        If you were stupid, you'd be called out for it, that's when the hilarity ensued.
        Last edited by IRON-E; 04-14-2022, 05:36 AM.
        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

So we bring stupid back, how hard can it be

Comment

Ok ok, hold on, I have a plan:

Facebook idiots -> *Two Handed Scooping Motion* -> R3v

I think we can do it
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
              For real. We're nearing the end anyways.

My friend said the tacoma forums are still pretty active.. The ranger forum I'm on all the time is way more active than r3v too.
              Man, TacomaWorld is off the chain compared to this place. Even the Arizona Subforum gets more action than this entire site.

There was just more content back in the day. More things to see, BMW/E30 related or not, and more people to engage with. More opinions, topics, build threads, new ideas, the whole nine.
              My previous build (currently E30-less)
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

You think if we say Sonny's name three times, we will summon him back for another month of his antics. He was the last entertaining r3v noob I can remember.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

Man, TacomaWorld is off the chain compared to this place. Even the Arizona Subforum gets more action than this entire site.

There was just more content back in the day. More things to see, BMW/E30 related or not, and more people to engage with. More opinions, topics, build threads, new ideas, the whole nine.
                  This is just another reason for me to get a tacoma...

But yeah, this place was way poppin' back in it's day.. Threads that were getting streams of posts through the day, which made it fun. You would actually be refreshing and seeing posts actually pop up.
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

MrBurgundy were you at Coachella this weekend?
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

MrBurgundy were you at Coachella this weekend?
                      Yeah I was actually

It was pretty fun, not really my crowd of people though. It's def got the 'influencer' vibe. My gf really enjoys it, she def had a lot of fun.

I got an artist pass and she got a guest pass, so we were able to escape the crowds of people, plus free drinks, which was super nice.

Comment

Beyond saying "it's a music festival", how would you describe Coachella? I've never been, nor have interest in it. But I'm curious what a person like you would describe it as. And how did you get an artist pass?

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                          Beyond saying "it's a music festival", how would you describe Coachella? I've never been, nor have interest in it. But I'm curious what a person like you would describe it as. And how did you get an artist pass?
                          For starters- it's very boujee. The festival itself is very well produced. They gross over 100 million on this event, so they def go all out. The CEO of Apple was watching Harry Styles in the crowd with everyone lol

Honestly tho, I would go again. It's a lot of fun. I was def that person that was like fuck Coachella, but if you're with a good group of friends, you're going to have a lot of fun for sure. The undercard is full of really talented acts too. I'm not into the mainstream stuff (I know, I'm sooo cool), but the event is for sure well curated and well rounded when it comes to acts. The undercard is basically subsidized by the radio artists, so that's a massive show for a lot of smaller artists and it's cool to see them playing on massive stages.

My friend gave me an artist pass. We've all been in the music scene for a while, so we got friends who play, photograph, work there and whatnot, so there usually some extras.

The artist area was crazy. You def get the treatment there with private restaurants, golf cart rides to where ever you want to go, ACed bathrooms, free drinks and private viewing areas for the stages ect ect.

We were walking around the artist trailer park and they're all just hanging out and chatting it up, which was cool to see.

I was def toting that shit around lol

I really enjoyed myself for sure, but it is a exhausting event. For sure going next year.

Comment

Excited to fly this weekend without a mask on!

Comment

Coachella would be fun.

Stumbled across these wheels today. WHew!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                                Excited to fly this weekend without a mask on!
                                Excited to fly? That's the nonsense part. I suppose the flying part is fun, but everything that bookends a flight sucks.

I just got sad that der affe is gone, I'm sure he would have a handy story about flying.

Comment

Working...
                                X