No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, 30 for me is a distant memory. I had my 4th child 22 days after my 30th b-day, hard to believe he is about to get his driver license.

I had corona, the whole family got it just after New Year. Started with the oldest boy, then me, then young daughter, wife, then youngest son. Oldest daughter had it early 2021, she lives 7hr drive from us. None of us got very ill, was just several weeks feeling like a sinus infection, but nothing was coming out - very dry, lots of coughing, shortness of breath. We didn't get fevers, but the chills and lethargy were almost unbearable. I went to work while sick, just left the shop doors locked to keep from spreading it. Was only able to work a couple hours, then had to lay down, regroup, then back to work. Did a lot of breathing exercises to keep o2 levels up. We are all vaccinated, oldest son (first to get 'rona) was vaxxed 3x due to regs at school for his D.C. trip. A couple weeks ago a bad cold ran through the neighborhood, and it was actually worse than 'rona TBH.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I got knocked on my ass by some sort of flu in Dec 2019, right before covid hit. Destroyed my lungs and stuck me in hospital for 3 days.
      Still don't have my lungs 100% and I'm on a high dose of steroid inhalers so I'm a little apprehensive about going through that again.

In other news, I picked up a cheap S52 today! I don't think I've ever seen one for sale here so it was hard to pass up.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

4th child? I can't imagine having one. I want to, but not for at least another 5 years... so much I want to do before that

Currently building a badass coffee table
        Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

I generally like Mustangs but there's this douchebag near me with one that I've just about had enough of. I think it's a s197 and it is fucking beyond LOUD. When he flies around my neighborhood it sounds like he's running open exhaust ports; it's fucking absurd and pissing me off. But he'll never get in official trouble because his exhaust system must have a valve that quiets it down since I've seen him other times and his car is quiet. I'm just about ready to be a Karen and confront about keeping the exhaust quiet in our neighborhood, but I feel more like I want to mess with him a little first. The only harmless thing I can think of is to remove all his valve stem cores so it'll be impossible for him to air his tires up. Any other ideas?
          My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
            I generally like Mustangs but there's this douchebag near me with one that I've just about had enough of. I think it's a s197 and it is fucking beyond LOUD. When he flies around my neighborhood it sounds like he's running open exhaust ports; it's fucking absurd and pissing me off. But he'll never get in official trouble because his exhaust system must have a valve that quiets it down since I've seen him other times and his car is quiet. I'm just about ready to be a Karen and confront about keeping the exhaust quiet in our neighborhood, but I feel more like I want to mess with him a little first. The only harmless thing I can think of is to remove all his valve stem cores so it'll be impossible for him to air his tires up. Any other ideas?
            Get a bumper sticker that says f*ck the police, or any more appropriate local LEO eyeball magnet, apply it to his car when you think it's not likely to be seen by the driver.

Comment

Any other ideas?
              cut the line so he can’t open/close the valve. Should be pretty far back.

Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                cut the line so he can’t open/close the valve. Should be pretty far back.
                nah, I could never bring myself to vandalize somebody's property in any way. There'd be no harm in removing a valve stem core as they're easily replaced, any tire shop will happily one give out from all the used valve stems they change. Maybe I'd just put it back in to confuse him, then do a different tire each time and put My Little Pony stickers all over his windshield. Just don't want to get caught.
                My Feedback

Comment

so I thought halfway through the month I would finally have a May COTM... nope....
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I heard there's someone on here with a Nineteen Seventy Five Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuovo Super 1300 that may be interested in a COTM feature for the half month of may?
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      so I thought halfway through the month I would finally have a May COTM... nope....
                      May I suggest POTM.

Comment

Just talk to him, don't be a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles about it and vandalize a car.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

I like the sticker idea, it's harmless. Something stupid like "I like to take it from behind" or some other nonsense

Comment

Magnets are harmless and funny.

I'd go for that.

If he's not receptive or confrontational after that. I think you should get one of your cars, take the headers off and start that shit up in front of his house at 4 AM
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Mount a portable music player under the rear, with a track that screams "Help! Let me out! Help!"
                              I mean the possibilities are endless. The sound of p0rn, a loud intermittent clank, the sound of his exhaust playing over his exhaust...

Comment

Let's see if this works...

Paging Smoodiver to thread 230015.

Or...

Smoodiver, Smoodiver, Smoodiver.
                                Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X