No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it you can't stand about your job?

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
      What is it you can't stand about your job?
      I can't stand being the one guy with a good work ethic while the rest of them stand around waiting to be told what to do. I'm generally known as the token asshole at my job simply because I hate people who are lazy and entitled in the workplace.
      "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
      The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

For me, it's monotony. I sell and lease large metal shipping containers. There is no joy in what I do. But there are stories behind this company that involve embezzlement and fraud of millions of dollars, of which I was directly involved in. Too much bad blood.
        world renown Harry Potter expert
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
          For me, it's monotony. There is no joy in what I do.
          I know them feels.

Every morning I think I should just quit my job, take my payout of accrued hours and use it to flip drugs but I'm a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles so I climb out of bed and head to work for another wasted day on that 9-5 grind.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
            I know them feels.

Every morning I think I should just quit my job, take my payout of accrued hours and use it to flip drugs but I'm a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles so I climb out of bed and head to work for another wasted day on that 9-5 grind.
            This terrifies me.

But you know what doesn't terrify me at all? The beautiful uncertainty of what is next. If you plan it right, you can quit with little to no debt. Then all you have to do is live within in your means, or chase that childhood dream.

Then you finally start living.
            world renown Harry Potter expert
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UlrichFennec View Post
              I can't stand being the one guy with a good work ethic while the rest of them stand around waiting to be told what to do. I'm generally known as the token asshole at my job simply because I hate people who are lazy and entitled in the workplace.
              This
              1990 325i
              2004 330i Individual 6-speed
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UlrichFennec View Post

I've found the best way to deal with situations like this is to take it upon yourself to lead. Give those guys something to do. Management will see that you took the initiative and will remember it.

In my experience, promotions come after I've already given myself the job. Nothing wrong with being an over-achiever, take pride in it and don't concern yourself with what someone else isn't doing.

Complain only about safety issues, keep a good attitude. Negativity is a fucking plague in the work environment. Attitude is EVERYTHING.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

THAT.is.really.good.advice!
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                  92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                  88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                  88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                  87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                  12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                    Attitude is EVERYTHING.

I agree 100%.

I just quit my job a week ago. I was a banker and learned a lot about finance, however the monotonous task of working 9-5 fucked with my millennial brain so I bailed after 13 months.

I took my payout, now I'm working on the e30 24/7. Also I've been drinking a lot of beer. Life is awesome, for now, until I get bored and find another (and hopefully) better job.
                    sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                    1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                    1991 318is - Sold
                    1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                      I've found the best way to deal with situations like this is to take it upon yourself to lead. Give those guys something to do. Management will see that you took the initiative and will remember it.

In my experience, promotions come after I've already given myself the job. Nothing wrong with being an over-achiever, take pride in it and don't concern yourself with what someone else isn't doing.

Complain only about safety issues, keep a good attitude. Negativity is a fucking plague in the work environment. Attitude is EVERYTHING.
                      I do exactly that. I guide and inform the new guys through their tasks and train them, yet my management team barely takes any notice to it, barring one manager I'm pretty chill with.

Every time I see someone standing around and not being constructive with their time, I remind them that they're not getting paid to stand around, but to do their job. I find them something to do, give positive reinforcement when the job is done well, and I don't ask my crew to do anything I wouldn't do myself. Hell, I'll even do shit myself and sgow them how to do it. I got on my hands and knees showing crew members how to do deep cleaning and store detail behind the fryers and grill. Shit was disgusting, but it's my responsibility to make sure things are run smoothly so that we don't /have/ to deep clean. Consistency is the key for me. If we keep up on something, we don't have to worry about it.

However, they don't like it. They'd rather play on their cellphones and chat. I get snapped at for doing my job as a shift supervisor making sure they're doing their fucking job. I'm glad I'll be leaving soon to focus on my college and future career. I'll be getting BAH pay thanks to my GI Bill benefits. $1500 every month, here we come.
                      "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
                      The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

I really have to pee. Just finished doing the rear pads on my aunts Lexus rx300... Would have been nice if the caliper hold down bolt didn't break off in the caliper bracket yesterday, forcing me to break out the drill and EZ out set... Until the EZ out broke off in the hole too and I couldn't get it out. got a new bracket today with hardware at autozone... Looks pretty good now. Definitely should have just ought the new stuff rather than waste my time. and it's always fun when a setback like this turns a couple hours job into two days.

--Mike
                        (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

10pm and I'm about to start my work day.

As much as I hate it, I love it more. You see all kinds of crazy shit when you venture out in the middle of the night. I mean, I used to do it as a kid all the time but I was usually a part of the crazy aspect so I never noticed.

1 more week after this and I get my full weekends back. Been doing this since January, had a few weeks off here and there but it's been at least 8 hours of overtime per check that I'll miss.

I kind of look at it as my "get out of extra work free card" for the next 6 months. Let someone else pickup the slack, I want to hang out with my daughter for awhile.
                          No E30 Club
                          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Sometimes ya just gotta say "What the Fuck" and make your move!
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                              Sometimes ya just gotta say "What the Fuck" and make your move!
                              Truth.

And some times you have to stop and ask yourself 'what the fuck?' at the move you just made. :)

--Mike
                              (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
                                And some times you have to stop and ask yourself 'what the fuck?' at the move you just made. :)

--Mike
                                I'm doing that right now...

Over the past several months, I've been (slowly) swapping out my old, worn out M20 for a JY motor that I've refreshed, as well as a Z3 rack, some new rubber here and there, and also took care of some surface rust under the brake booster where it looks like some brake fluid had been sitting.

Thing, is, that area is really tight, and you have to take pretty much everything in that area out, or pull it to the side. I pulled the fuel lines aside, pulled the firewall mat out of the way a bit, and I undid one of the brake line connections to get a little better access, got it sanded/wire brushed down, painted it with POR 15, put everything back, and then went onto finish my rack install, and finally got the engine put back together with trans, and put it into the car on Sunday.

Today I got most of the wiring in, accessories bolted back on, drive shaft on, clutch slave, and throttle cables back on, and figured I'd see that everything worked by pressing on the pedals. Which is when I realized that I forgot to reconnect that brake line as the pedal went to the floor. Brake fluid everywhere, included the area that I JUST finished repainting. Have to take a bunch of shit all apart again just to get to it. I really can't believe that just happened.

And until then, everything had been going sooo smoothly. Ugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X