No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the reasons to love having kids. They act just like you did when you were little. It's truly one of the coolest things in the world.

She said "Cheese!" when the flash turned on lol
    88 325i Cabrio
    04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Microsoft Word is significantly more terrible than last time I used it.

Can't number pages right, deleted a few paragraphs of text I wrote, moving things around as I go back through the document... this is some bullshit.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

Can't number pages right, deleted a few paragraphs of text I wrote, moving things around as I go back through the document... this is some bullshit.
        You using that shit for school?

I hated writing engineering papers in Word. Especially if there were equations in the paper, with the variables identified below the equation. It would hardly ever work out without being a huge pain in the butt.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

Tried using it the other day it wouldnt let me add in a blank page with out spacing a million times so it thought i ran out if space.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

This is why I still have MS Office 2003.

Comment

I've got office '10 (?) In my trusty XP laptop... But I primarily use Google Docs now for access from anywhere and means of backup. I'm probably going to need a new laptop soon. I'm a sophomore in college and I've got a 2006 Compaq Presario. Hell though, I want to run this thing into the ground. Works perfectly fine :)

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
              (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Google Docs is pretty good. Been using it on my Pixel XL quite a bit.

Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
                I'm a sophomore in college and I've got a 2006 Compaq Presario. Hell though, I want to run this thing into the ground. Works perfectly fine :)
                I'm the same. 2009 iMac 24", still working flawlessly just a bit slow transferring files since they're much bigger these days than they were back then. Keen to upgrade to a 27" but they're expensive and I won't go back to windows peasantry. I need Logic X anyway. Might end up going with a mac mini and a separate monitor.

Comment

I've got a 2006 Compaq Presario.
                  Holy shit lol. Just get a used laptop off ebay. It'll be many times better, and won't cost much. I recently got my dad a laptop identical to the one I have (T430s) for something like $375 shipped.

Comment

Someone please tell me why Xfinity internet is not available at my house, but Comcast Business is?

I'm trying to get a hard wired internet connection out here, but we're one a private road a few hundred yards away from the main.

It really screwed me up the past few days as I rely on my phone for internet right now, and destroyed the screen/digitizer.

Replacement came in today, so I got it all installed and back in action though, so that's a plus.
                    No E30 Club
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

That last mile connection is a really common problem. Comcast Business is so much more expensive it's probably worth it for them to come out and run the line.
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

So then I wonder if it's worth it to sign up for the 2 year contract and suck up the high cost, then when it's time to renew just switch over to standard service.

The basic plan isn't that bad @ $100/month. Twice what I want to pay though.
                        No E30 Club
                        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Basic comcast Internet in my area is 65 bucks.

I say do it for the minimum contract period, so the line gets run at their expense. Once it's up, tell them to suck a sweaty dick. Go get cheaper service. You will come out way ahead.

Also, about every 6 months, I call xfinity, xm radio, and my cell phone provider to bitch about the high cost and threaten to switch to someone else. Invariably, the always knock money off my bill. I bet I save over a hundred bucks a month between the three. It's like a little game I play that has pretty close to 100% success rate.
                          Last edited by flyboyx; 12-02-2016, 04:27 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                            You using that shit for school?

I hated writing engineering papers in Word. Especially if there were equations in the paper, with the variables identified below the equation. It would hardly ever work out without being a huge pain in the butt.
                            Yeah, same sort of shit, just that it's for a mandatory writing requirement sort of course. Trying to write a separate page for a 250ish word summary of 12 different guest lectures we've had over the semester, plus title/contents pages and a 500 word "personal essay"

Getting shit numbered and onto the right pages/formatted/tabbing for alignment was a pain. Would've been easier to do them individually, but they need to go into a single PDF to get uploaded.

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                            Tried using it the other day it wouldnt let me add in a blank page with out spacing a million times so it thought i ran out if space.

I've got office '10 (?) In my trusty XP laptop... But I primarily use Google Docs now for access from anywhere and means of backup.
                            Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
                            Google Docs is pretty good. Been using it on my Pixel XL quite a bit.
                            I've been using google docs for ~5 years now, mostly for car stuff. Definitely a little clunkier working through a browser, but it's nice that it works/is portable/mobile and share friendly.

We're sort of forced to use Microsoft OneDrive, and it's a pile of shit in comparison. Desktop app will force the folder to present as a popup every 30 minutes, mobile app will not work 75% of the time, and afaik I can't share from there.

For group projects, I've been sticking folders in my google drive with share by link, and recently installed their desktop app which makes navigation so much easier.

Only started using word again because my wife had extra copies from her business license, but I guess I could get it from school as well.

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                            This is why I still have MS Office 2003.
                            Good life decision, as long as it opens the .docx shit that all the new stuff defaults to.
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                              So then I wonder if it's worth it to sign up for the 2 year contract and suck up the high cost, then when it's time to renew just switch over to standard service.

The basic plan isn't that bad @ $100/month. Twice what I want to pay though.
                              I don't know if they'll ok that down the road, but that's certainly one idea. Obviously once the line is run, you're set for a long time. But I don't know if they'll throw a fit about switching to a basic service down the road.

Comcast has been great to me even though each year it increases in price. But that's to be expected with inflation I suppose. It's like $5/year increase. They also increase the speeds though. My contract has been a 50 down since I started and it's always been more. I think I started with 100 down and each year it goes up. I checked a few weeks ago and I get 225 down. Still 11 up though, they throttle that bitch, haha.
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

In my town, Comcast has the monopoly for internet service. and you're literally not able to get fast internet without upgrading TV and getting phone too (which is buns since I never watch TV anyway)... next town over though, they offer regular old internet for a reasonable price. It all comes down to who runs the wires, but you'd think there'd be a better way.

I think there's another provider around here though, Earthlink or something like that... but they don't do my part of town for whatever reason.

also, being on the end of any line sucks. We had a verizon landline that was always plagued by static... reason why? We were literally the LAST line farthest away from the area provider station.
                                (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Working...
                                X