Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    Anyone know where a guy can buy loctite 573 or equivalent
    your local toyota store..... go to the parts dept and ask for a tube or 2 of F.I.P.G. best gasket in tube I have ever used, and what mr T used to keep the oil from seeping out from between the crankcase and oil pan 20 years and 200+ thousand miles ago on my FZJ 80
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-10-2017, 12:59 PM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

I agree with the sleeve-ster. There are much cheaper options out there in much larger guantities. I know locktite makes a similar product in a caulk gun tube that does the same thing. I cant remember the number, but a few years ago, an entire case cost 150.00

I remember when i lived in american samoa, tis was the "gasket material" we used for pretty much all non aviation related repairs
      Last edited by flyboyx; 12-10-2017, 09:14 AM.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I need to pick me up some FIPG or hondabond someday... Currently burning through a bunch of $2 tubes of red permatex I bought forever ago. Also have a few TX'd tubes of various dow corning RTV, and ~20 tubes of TX'd PRC that will probably end up as seam sealer.

Unrelated:
        I think I've taught myself more about Circuits in the past day than I learned all term. Obviously indicates that I'm prepared for this exam tomorrow.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Think i might start offering differential rebuilding services

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Think i might start offering differential rebuilding services
            I might need a diff and trans rebuild this summer The ole wallet aint gonna like that...
            89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
            I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
              I might need a diff and trans rebuild this summer The ole wallet aint gonna like that...

Trans rebuilds are a bitch. I’m currently putting a g260 back together. Diffs are far cheaper then trans thats for sure. The two bearings for trans are like 200 a piece and then snychros last i looked were 180.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Trans rebuilds are a bitch. I’m currently putting a g260 back together. Diffs are far cheaper then trans thats for sure. The two bearings for trans are like 200 a piece and then snychros last i looked were 180.
                yes, the tranny parts are really expensive. it seems there are no options for better prices either.

i have 2 g420's sitting in my shed. that trans is generally considered un-rebuildable, but since they came from non running cars, there wasn't any way to check them out other than shifting through the pattern. i figure one is just a potential mulligan.
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                  yes, the tranny parts are really expensive. it seems there are no options for better prices either.

i have 2 g420's sitting in my shed. that trans is generally considered un-rebuildable, but since they came from non running cars, there wasn't any way to check them out other than shifting through the pattern. i figure one is just a potential mulligan.

Yea if anything is worn or ruined beside synchro’s and the bearings then its not rebuildable and you need to get a donor trans and hope it has the parts you need. My synchro’s were trashed buy surprisingly everything else was in good shape. They are a pain to split and reassemble.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Yeah I'm not sure where to get the parts from and the only place that Ive looked at for rebuild cost is drive gear and that is $2200 ish. If I could get the parts I might try the rebuild myself but not entirely confident in that.

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Yeah I'm not sure where to get the parts from and the only place that Ive looked at for rebuild cost is drive gear and that is $2200 ish. If I could get the parts I might try the rebuild myself but not entirely confident in that.

I got all my parts from blunttech. I just studied the diagrams and got the part numbers and he had them sent over. Its not a projector for the faint of hart. It takes alot of special tools. You need a huge double adjustable 2 jaw puller. A heavy duty press and bearing splitter to get the gears off the main shaft to do synchros. Then you gotta have a way to get the cases really hot and bearings really cold so they will go in the cases. Its no doubt a bitch and takes 2 set of hands minimum most of the time. Especially when reinstalling the main shaft in the rear case. Cause someone has go hold the rear shift fork over the shift detents other wise they WILL pop out while you’re beating the rear case over the main shaft and if they do then you gotta pull it apart and start over. I had to do that atleast 3 times and finally got it in and have everything mostly done. I putting my shift forks and rods back in right now. And fighting the selector spring its a paint to get in.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I got all my parts from blunttech. I just studied the diagrams and got the part numbers and he had them sent over. Its not a projector for the faint of hart. It takes alot of special tools. You need a huge double adjustable 2 jaw puller. A heavy duty press and bearing splitter to get the gears off the main shaft to do synchros. Then you gotta have a way to get the cases really hot and bearings really cold so they will go in the cases. Its no doubt a bitch and takes 2 set of hands minimum most of the time. Especially when reinstalling the main shaft in the rear case. Cause someone has go hold the rear shift fork over the shift detents other wise they WILL pop out while you’re beating the rear case over the main shaft and if they do then you gotta pull it apart and start over. I had to do that atleast 3 times and finally got it in and have everything mostly done. I putting my shift forks and rods back in right now. And fighting the selector spring its a paint to get in.
                        That sounds fun. So basically if I don't have any of those things then it would probably make sense to send it out somewhere to get rebuilt?

Comment

That sounds fun. So basically if I don't have any of those things then it would probably make sense to send it out somewhere to get rebuilt?

More or less yes.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

has anyone taken probiotics?
                            i've been reading up on how shit collects in your guts like cholesterol in ur veins.
                            Anyway i started taking them today havn't taken a shit and havn't been hungry all day.
                            7:30pm and don't need to take a shit and still not hungry.
                            i feel good but anyone know about this stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                              has anyone taken probiotics?
                              i've been reading up on how shit collects in your guts like cholesterol in ur veins.
                              Anyway i started taking them today havn't taken a shit and havn't been hungry all day.
                              7:30pm and don't need to take a shit and still not hungry.
                              i feel good but anyone know about this stuff?

Never taken them but sounds like i need to. Im and eating and shitting machine. Like 4-5 times a day lol

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

You guys need Jesus.

The one with the taco truck that serves nearly inedibly hot peppers. They'll clean you out.

Comment

Working...
                                X