No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in Las Vegas tonight. we stay in the freemont st district when we have long overnights as is the case today. just outside of the covered area is a cvs pharmacy. after dinner, I walked in there to pick up a tube of toothpaste on my way back to the hotel.

I am standing in line to check out and I overhear half of the conversation some lady is having with her cell phone. she is telling whomever she is talking to that she HATES being pretty and having such a great body. its such a pain in the ass to always have guys looking at her all the time. it just sucks being so attractive.... blah blah blah..... I'm thinking to myself: who the fuck would say something like that? of course, I have to nonchalantly as possible turn around to catch a glimpse of this goddess!

to my surprise, the lady turns out to be about 5'6 tall ghetto black woman weighing in at pretty close to 200lbs! by the way....her face was uglier than a smashed butthole. I guess this is the seedy part of Las Vegas after all.

I laughed my ass off all the way back to the hotel. in fact, I am still laughing as I write this.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I had a med student shadow me today who drove a 2016 M4 with comp package (and autotragic). His watch could have bought my E30. I'm drinking tonight.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BimrFett View Post
        I had a med student shadow me today who drove a 2016 M4 with comp package (and autotragic). His watch could have bought my E30. I'm drinking tonight.

Gotta love mommy and daddy money. Just had a little Asian kid couldn’t have been over 25 come pick up his jaguar F type R today i just stood there and shook my head. Like wow must be nice.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Glad to hear it's not just us canucks seeing this constantly.
          Our housing and rental market has been so screwed up that I've officially given up on ever owning a property I'll live in.
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
            Gotta love mommy and daddy money. Just had a little Asian kid couldn’t have been over 25 come pick up his jaguar F type R today i just stood there and shook my head. Like wow must be nice.
            Yeah that's how I felt. Daddy's money all day. Probably won't even have med school debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
              Our housing and rental market has been so screwed up that I've officially given up on ever owning a property I'll live in.
              That's sad. I don't think you're alone there at all, though. I still don't understand how any normal person can afford to live in CA, Seattle, etc. Home prices are def higher (sometimes a lot higher) all else equal compared to 50 years ago.

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
              Lol, my first thought when I read his post was that it had to be an asian kid.
              Last edited by rturbo 930; 03-01-2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                . Home prices are def higher (sometimes a lot higher) all else equal compared to 50 years ago.
                50 years ago?! Pfft! try 15-20 years ago!
                My parents purchased their first house for 68k back in 2000 for an un-renovated, detatched house from the 60's.

By 2008 it was valued (based on area) at 250k, regardless of house condition. Now it's closer to 275k
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Yep.

I bought my first place in north Vancouver in 2001 for $220k. Sold it for $400k 4 years later in November of 2005. I bought a house in North Vancouver for $635k that November. That house is appraised in our market today.....for 1.83 million.

The original owner next door paid $28k for theirs in 1967.

Oh, and it’s nothing special. It’s a home built in 1967. 2480 square feet on a 60x125 lot.

F'n stupid. I am just lucky I bought in when I did, or I would be renting (if you can find a place to rent)
                  Originally posted by codyep3
                  I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                  2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                  1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                  1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                  2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                  2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                  2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                  2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                  2010 F650gs twin
                  2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                    50 years ago?! Pfft! try 15-20 years ago!
                    My parents purchased their first house for 68k back in 2000 for an un-renovated, detatched house from the 60's.

By 2008 it was valued (based on area) at 250k, regardless of house condition. Now it's closer to 275k
                    Jeez, not even a few million?

Home prices here are fairly stable here, nothing like what's going on in BC, but vacation homes on the coast here have gone nuts. Around 2004, suddenly like four homes in our neighborhood got torn down and three story beach mansions put up. Prices tripled what seems like overnight.

Even still, all else equal, the same income won't get you as much house as it did 50 years ago. Again, some places (Vancouver, CA, Seattle, Portland, Denver, etc.) are affected more than others. Not sure how this is all going to play out in the long run, especially in places that have gone crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                      That's sad. I don't think you're alone there at all, though. I still don't understand how any normal person can afford to live in CA, Seattle, etc. Home prices are def higher (sometimes a lot higher) all else equal compared to 50 years ago.

Lol, my first thought when I read his post was that it had to be an asian kid.
                      We have those around (Porsche 911, Aston Vantage). This cat was probably Arab / Persian...a west coaster on the east coast rolling hard on daddy and the lord's dolla.

Comment

So many international students here that do that shit. Almost any nice new car you see around is almost guaranteed to be driven by some 20 year old asian or middle eastern kid.

This also means you need to watch out for these cars in the used car market. Since it's not their money, I guess lots of them don't give a flying fuck about oil changes or maintenance. Just drive the car for 2-4 years and dump it when they go home or buy another.
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I see plenty of Daddy's money in the parking garage and I don't even go to a "good" university. I have a classmate who has a brand new WRX STi which he's very in love with, I'm just waiting for the opportunity to blow it away and set his ego back a little bit. Must be nice, when I was his age I was driving a $500 Volvo 240 with a turbo engine swap, though eventually even that was faster than that fat new STI. Maybe I'll get my car to the point where even your med student's M4 won't be able to get away.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                            I see plenty of Daddy's money in the parking garage and I don't even go to a "good" university. I have a classmate who has a brand new WRX STi which he's very in love with, I'm just waiting for the opportunity to blow it away and set his ego back a little bit. Must be nice, when I was his age I was driving a $500 Volvo 240 with a turbo engine swap, though eventually even that was faster than that fat new STI. Maybe I'll get my car to the point where even your med student's M4 won't be able to get away.
                            My 535 can keep up for sure(not win), but it's heavy and it's not expensive - waaah. He was definitely not a car guy, never turned a wrench in his life.

Comment

Yeah, we've got a few people like that in town. One kid had a Focus ST first, then a nice Camaro SS, now a fucking corvette. The only car GIVEN to me was my first E30 from my dad who was going through a divorce. Auto, ragtop, torn up interior. One of my friends got a brand new 2013 ZL1 for graduation. Luckily, he's not a spoiled asshole about it. Hardly drives it (he respects it big time) and uses the stuff that he bought and worked for himself.
                              88 325i Cabrio
                              04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by BimrFett View Post
                                My 535 can keep up for sure(not win)
                                If you really have a 535 of any generation that can keep up with a new M4 you need to tell us more about it. That sounds interesting.

IG @turbovarg
                                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                                [CoTM: 4-18]
                                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                                - updated 1-26

Comment

Working...
                                X