Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agent View Post
    I havent loled that hard in a minute

My mini cooper goes through oil like a mother fucker (consumption) as well as my brothers. Both are NA r56s with the N14.

I always tell my bro to check the oil in his car, but he never does, so when he comes in for an oil change, about 2.5 QTs come out.
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      ^ second that. My truck was a half gallon low on oil but has never leaked. Now I check it once a week. Not leaking anything on the ground so it cant be too severe of a leak
      yeah, but your truck holds a quart shy 4 gallons of oil. mine has a slow leak somewhere in the top rear of the engine by the turbo. I have been meaning to fix it for years. I get about a silver dollar sized oil spot on the concrete wherever I park it.

I do check the oil in all my cars every time I fill up the tank though. its an easy chore to accomplish while you are standing there anyway.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
        yeah, but your truck holds a quart shy 4 gallons of oil. mine has a slow leak somewhere in the top rear of the engine by the turbo. I have been meaning to fix it for years. I get about a silver dollar sized oil spot on the concrete wherever I park it.

I do check the oil in all my cars every time I fill up the tank though. its an easy chore to accomplish while you are standing there anyway.

Yep. Real trucks take gallons of oil lol.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

So an fzj80 is classed as a real truck then, they hold just shy of 2 gallons, since almost all 1fzs leak most of us just fill with 8 quarts anyway
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

I picked up a wrecked 89 325is off a friend a few weeks ago for almost nothing. He hydroplaned into a guard rail due to bald tires. The hinge pillar is caved in slightly and door mounts are bent.

Do you guys think this is salvageable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by flyboyx
            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
            Originally posted by Northern
            beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
            Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
            Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
            '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
            Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

I would think a good shop could fix that. I'm thinking you'd replace the rocker, and you could pull the rest into shape with some effort.

Comment

Yes only problem is that every panel there is NLA so you’d have to find a donor or make your own if you can salvage the panels

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I thought the rocker was still available? Some guy had a thread about this just a week ago, sounded like the rocker was still available from BMW.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                    I thought the rocker was still available? Some guy had a thread about this just a week ago, sounded like the rocker was still available from BMW.

Not unless they brought it back. When I did my rocker panels they were NLA and I had to buy a repro off of fixmyrust.com fit and finish is pretty good but its not an original panel. Its made by a company in Denmark.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                      Not unless they brought it back. When I did my rocker panels they were NLA and I had to buy a repro off of fixmyrust.com fit and finish is pretty good but its not an original panel. Its made by a company in Denmark.
                      Metal is metal, if it's not exact hammer on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                        Metal is metal, if it's not exact hammer on it.

That wasn’t exactly the case yes it needed tweeked a little but the problem with the the aftermarket one was the metal was a little thinner and it was missing a seam on it. If you notice on the cars that havent had rocker work just behind the A pillar there is a seam in the rocker panel where it meets the other panels. It was missing the notch on the panel to make that seam so you just have a flush and smooth panel. Not a big deal cause you’ll likely never notice it but still makes it not exact.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I also have a set of brand new iS rockers to go on it once it’s finished, as well as a rolling chassis we are going to strip soon if we need to splice the bodies.

how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?

Comment

the rest of the car looks good, I'd go for the rocker repair and beat on the A pillar a bit, assuming it needs a little tweaking.

Should be easy to tell with a new door.
                            Last edited by Northern; 04-08-2018, 12:35 PM.
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                              the rest of the car looks good, I'd go for the rocker repair and beat on the A pillar a bit, assuming it needs a little tweaking.

Should be easy to tell with a new door.

Was going to take it around to get a couple quotes on getting it fixed. Considering how little I paid for it, I’m okay with spending some money to get it fixed right.

Comment

I was looking for the driver's hinge column a few years ago but it was nla, not sure if the passenger side is. Looks like maybe ECS can get it? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...r/41211959004/

I'd go for the replacement instead of trying to bend it back. If you can't buy it new I'd hunt down a donor car to simply cut out that whole section including the rocker panel.
                                My Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X