Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    Jeez is it weird to have an american flag sticker on your car?

Second time in the past few weeks someone has asked me why I have it on my car

Lol
    Tell them to shut their Commie mouths
    sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
    1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
    1991 318is - Sold
    1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Lol
      Tell 'em becaause 'Murica & pop 7 45 slugs in their face!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by ButtJuice View Post
        Tell them to shut their Commie mouths
        This.

Comment

Pretty sure i just watched someone die. Rip dude

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

ok....?
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
              ok....?

Weird thing to see. Dude was just slumped over his steering wheel in middle of the road. Other people stopped and were getting in his truck. Hopefully just drunk

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

That is something you'll never forget.

I was leaving work one day, worked in a warehouse district, I was getting my helmet on and gloves and I heard a loud bang and then saw a plume of smoke come up.

Went to investigate what it was. As I got closer I could see a small pickup had slammed into one of the underground electrical boxes. These things are huge and this small pickup had moved this box. As I got there there were others also coming to investigate.

The thing that scared me was that the vehicle was still touching this electrical "box". I wasn't sure if it was still electrified or what.

Also, the individual that hit it was an old man and he had froth around his mouth. I assumed that he was dead. While I'm playing the scenarios out in my mind, some others had taken him out of the truck and started CPR.

Not sure why I froze to think. I also, really didn't want to do CPR on someone that has a frothy mouth, and it had been a long time since I took CPR classes.

Still beat myself up for not doing something...
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Lol
                  Nope, there's just a growing Anti-American group of people out there now that feel the need to be "edgy" and question why others support our country.

I get frequent comments on my Law Enforcement Memorial license plate quite frequently. I usually look at their car for bumper stickers and throw out a "I wanted a COEXIST/Bernie 2016 sticker but some asshole bought the last one."

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                  That is something you'll never forget.

I was leaving work one day, worked in a warehouse district, I was getting my helmet on and gloves and I heard a loud bang and then saw a plume of smoke come up.

Went to investigate what it was. As I got closer I could see a small pickup had slammed into one of the underground electrical boxes. These things are huge and this small pickup had moved this box. As I got there there were others also coming to investigate.

The thing that scared me was that the vehicle was still touching this electrical "box". I wasn't sure if it was still electrified or what.

Also, the individual that hit it was an old man and he had froth around his mouth. I assumed that he was dead. While I'm playing the scenarios out in my mind, some others had taken him out of the truck and started CPR.

Not sure why I froze to think. I also, really didn't want to do CPR on someone that has a frothy mouth, and it had been a long time since I took CPR classes.

Best leave that one to the pros, he was very likely past saving at that point. Plus, current training is that you don't do mouth to mouth, chest compressions are the important thing.

So far in my career I'm a whopping 1/11 performing CPR. Not that it's something most people want to get used to, but after you see a couple people dead/die you kind of get numb to it. Things happen that are out of your control, and sometimes that means people die in senseless ways.
                  2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

people die everyday bro it's natural and normal. rip.

Comment

Not doing anything is the smarter thing to do at that point. I definitely wouldn't have attempted to help due to the crashed into an electrical box thing. In any rescue situation unless you can be sure the power is off it's just best to keep your distance. A large pad mounted transformer box? That's going to be high voltage, high enough that you'll (literally, because that's what it looks like when it happens) drop dead before you even have the chance to realize there's a live line.

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                      So far in my career I'm a whopping 1/11 performing CPR.
                      Sucks, but not too surprising. As you undoubtedly know CPR success rates are far lower than the average person thinks they would be.

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      [CoTM: 4-18]
                      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                      - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                        Sucks, but not too surprising. As you undoubtedly know CPR success rates are far lower than the average person thinks they would be.
                        Can confirm as an average person, didn't know they were that low... or that I ever really thought about it.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Best leave that one to the pros, he was very likely past saving at that point. Plus, current training is that you don't do mouth to mouth, chest compressions are the important thing.

So far in my career I'm a whopping 1/11 performing CPR. Not that it's something most people want to get used to, but after you see a couple people dead/die you kind of get numb to it. Things happen that are out of your control, and sometimes that means people die in senseless ways.

This was about 6-7 years ago. My wife was a surgical tech up till about 2 years ago. She did mention that when they took the CPR test that they don't do mouth to mouth. I remember taking the CPR test and they had like a mouth guard thing.

Originally posted by varg View Post
                          Not doing anything is the smarter thing to do at that point. I definitely wouldn't have attempted to help due to the crashed into an electrical box thing. In any rescue situation unless you can be sure the power is off it's just best to keep your distance. A large pad mounted transformer box? That's going to be high voltage, high enough that you'll (literally, because that's what it looks like when it happens) drop dead before you even have the chance to realize there's a live line.

That's what made me stop was I wasn't sure if the truck was still conducting electricity and I was also thinking that if it was he probably was dead instantly.

My wife has talked about loosing people on the table before. Also having to do CPR on patients. Crazy for me to think about that.
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd

Comment

This was about 6-7 years ago. My wife was a surgical tech up till about 2 years ago. She did mention that when they took the CPR test that they don't do mouth to mouth. I remember taking the CPR test and they had like a mouth guard thing.
                            Yep, I think we have one of those mouth guards as well in the back of the squad somewhere. EMS guys told me not to bother with it because in most circumstances they're arriving within 3-4 minutes of us, and given that timeline it's more important to keep their blood flowing as there's typically residual oxygen in the blood that needs to be pumped to vital organs.

I also read somewhere that CPR is basically just exhaling your carbon dioxide into their lungs, very little usable oxygen (something like 10-20%).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                            2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Been a little quiet in here...

Im a grad student and with the start of the new school year, the lab I work in just got two new students rotating through to see if they like it. I don't know if Im just antichange or antisocial but I absolutely hate when new students try to join the lab. Maybe I just don't want anyone to compete with. First world problems to the max.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Yep, I think we have one of those mouth guards as well in the back of the squad somewhere. EMS guys told me not to bother with it because in most circumstances they're arriving within 3-4 minutes of us, and given that timeline it's more important to keep their blood flowing as there's typically residual oxygen in the blood that needs to be pumped to vital organs.

I also read somewhere that CPR is basically just exhaling your carbon dioxide into their lungs, very little usable oxygen (something like 10-20%).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                                The wife was saying, like you said, that blood flow is deemed more important.
                                Which I was thinking of at times people get things lodged in their throat so breathing wouldn't help until you get the foreign object out.

cross post chat...
                                Hey I heard that a company here in Texas called Sons of Liberty give LEO discounts. May want to call them and tell them your situation. They seem to be pretty pro leo and military.
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd

Comment

Working...
                                X