Clear All

Originally posted by E30335i View Post
    X
    Gonna give it to ya?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      Gonna give it to ya?
      :nice:
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Beamerboi View Post
        Awesome! It really gives me something to work on for myself. Gives me a sense of pride and something to look forward to. It can be stressful but then I hear other story’s about builds that take 2-3 years and it gives me hope. June 19 was when the photo above was taken so I say I’ve made some pretty good progress in a short span of time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yeah, at first I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Halfway through I was thinking that there will never be an end. I just kept doing stuff and eventually it all added up to a "finished" car.

I should probably take the time and sit down with a six pack and post my own build thread, "I have no idea what I'm doing - a 24V swap."

In all honesty, you seem to have a fairly solid base so you should be in good shape. Mine took two and a half years because while I had all the free time of a college student, I also had/have the budget of a college student(who didn't spend all their money on booze/weed). I had to balance buying parts and installing them with doing the cheap/free stuff when I was broke. People think that buying baller parts will build their car for them. Post a build thread! It'll be easier to keep track of what you're doing.
        Originally posted by Melon
        Engine work takes patience and finesse.

Suspension work takes anger, a big fucking hammer, and a torch.

Comment

I am officially a workoholic. Generally at the shop at 715-730, just torqued this head at 11pm...

Click image for larger version

Name:	waynes engine assembly.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	7198408

11.5:1 fully built s52, flow tested valve job with SuperTech +1mm intakes. Wife hates my "job" lol...
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

You sound like a small business owner.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
              You sound like a small business owner.

Something like that.

My e30 hasn't been touched since April 2016. Only reason I know is the "to do" list is still stapled to the drywall behind the first floor lift, yet the s54 swap is long done and about to get a supercharger :(
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                11.5:1 fully built s52, flow tested valve job with SuperTech +1mm intakes. Wife hates my "job" lol...
                Damn. Estimated power numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by CMBusch View Post
                  Damn. Estimated power numbers?

Complicated question. Actual power numbers are a roll of the dice, but based on experience, 270-290whp with stock cams. Build includes dual valve springs, titanium retainers, +1mm intake SS, stock size exh valves, 280cfm intake flow, 11.5:1 2618 offset pistons, mid-length headers, true dual 2" exhaust with tuned x-pipe, m50 manifold etc. Wishing for 300+ after cams. The car is intended for ST 2 or 3 NASA ruleset.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

That's true, sounds awesome! Given the specs, 270-290whp definitely sounds possible. Being a workaholic looks to have it's benefits at least.

Comment

Originally posted by CMBusch View Post
                      Yeah, at first I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Halfway through I was thinking that there will never be an end. I just kept doing stuff and eventually it all added up to a "finished" car.

I should probably take the time and sit down with a six pack and post my own build thread, "I have no idea what I'm doing - a 24V swap."

In all honesty, you seem to have a fairly solid base so you should be in good shape. Mine took two and a half years because while I had all the free time of a college student, I also had/have the budget of a college student(who didn't spend all their money on booze/weed). I had to balance buying parts and installing them with doing the cheap/free stuff when I was broke. People think that buying baller parts will build their car for them. Post a build thread! It'll be easier to keep track of what you're doing.

Hell yes that is awesome! I tried to make a build thread but I’m still new to this so I’m like posting pics with Brief descriptions/captions like it’s instagram. Turns out that a build thread should be a little more elegantly presented. I got one guy asking what I’m trying to achieve by posting random pics lol. So yes got a little self conscious about the whole thing. I’m heading to LA to pick up my g260 tonight I got the dude to go down to $550 it’s all tested and ready to go!! I will be broke for a week but am going to be one step closer to bringing this lil beast back to life!! I’ll post some pics when I get it! But yes as far as threads I think for now I belong here In the non sense.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                        Shit, my best E30 build took 7 years. You're doing just fine.

Your a boss! Thank you! How many do you have!?

Comment

Another sighting by yours truly.

Comment

niiiiice

Comment

I got it!

Comment

so no tramp stamp?...
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X