Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
    L99?
    Not an LS engine. Still a nice option, though.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
      Not an LS engine. Still a nice option, though.

It is LS-family. Honestly it’s kind of arguing semantics. But some people are just OCD about that stuff I guess.
      I know a lot of people (me included) use “LS” as an all encompassing term for modern small block chevy’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by flyboyx
      how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
      Originally posted by Northern
      beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
      Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
      Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
      '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
      Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

sounds like an eLSitist thing...

Originally posted by LS_swapped_DB
        I have a real LS, yours isnt real because it came from XXXX
        in other news, the last time I tried to enter Canada, she said no. I am looking into how much work it is to claim that Im rehabilitated (lol) and they want all employment and residential history going back to Age 18... fuck me. I moved almost annually when I was in my 20s sigh...

edit: fun fact... the first place i moved into for college apparently had a fire in 2013 and someone got drone footage of the aftermath (afterMETH?) lol

The Scottsmen apartment fire, Corner of Gettysburg & Willow in Clovis on July 30th 2013
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
          It is LS-family. Honestly it’s kind of arguing semantics. But some people are just OCD about that stuff I guess.
          I know a lot of people (me included) use “LS” as an all encompassing term for modern small block chevy’s.
          As has been previously stated, calling non LS truck engines LS because they share architecture is like calling an M50 an S50 or a 318 an M3. So if you want to be wrong, continue to say it, but don't call people OCD for it.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            sounds like an eLSitist thing...

in other news, the last time I tried to enter Canada, she said no. I am looking into how much work it is to claim that Im rehabilitated (lol) and they want all employment and residential history going back to Age 18... fuck me. I moved almost annually when I was in my 20s sigh...

edit: fun fact... the first place i moved into for college apparently had a fire in 2013 and someone got drone footage of the aftermath (afterMETH?) lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXlm6u6C5Lk
            Lol did you go to freshole state?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
              Lol did you go to freshole state?
              Yup! Didnt leave with a degree, but also didnt leave with a STD so Im content with the time there :p
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Farking Notre Dame caught fire.. I know they’ll rebuild it, but damn that just sucks. It’s like that, and the Effiel Tower are huge tourist destinations for Paris.

Seeing all the scaffolding, I wonder if someone was welding and sparked off something.

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                  Farking Notre Dame caught fire.. I know they’ll rebuild it, but damn that just sucks. It’s like that, and the Effiel Tower are huge tourist destinations for Paris.

Seeing all the scaffolding, I wonder if someone was welding and sparked off something.

It's really sad, in not religious but I'm sure some serious historical items good t destroyed.
                  91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                  Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                  E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                  "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post

I believe the current theory is that something to do with the construction work is what set it off.

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                    It's really sad, in not religious but I'm sure some serious historical items good t destroyed.
                    From what I hear, all the artwork inside was saved.

Check this twitter thread. Toward the bottom, they show a shot of the inside after the fire and it doesn't look horrendous.

Comment

I remember visiting it as a teenager and just being in awe of it. But also as that picture shows, it was mostly stone, and the weight loading of the structure was carried on the walls and buttresses. So unless the stone somehow ignited, it wasn’t gotten to be a total loss.

Even then, I’d hate to be the guy who caused it. That’d make for downer of a evening trudge home..

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

My money is on arson by those gilet jaunes protestors.

Ezekiel 25:17
                        Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                        The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                        The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                        The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                          As has been previously stated, calling non LS truck engines LS because they share architecture is like calling an M50 an S50

So the ls1 just has 0.5L and a bigger cam vs gen3?

Comment

So what makes an LS an LS vs a "truck motor" that has an LS intake LS cams?
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                              i think it mostly depends on if its aluminum af or cast iron af

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

not to pry, but canada has this rule about not allowing certain people into their country that are carrying around a record in the last 10 years. most commonly, it is because of a DUI but could be anything that is a felony. we had a few pilots at the last job that had issues with this. apparently, there is a temporary(3 yrs) and a permenant solution. the 3 year thing is pretty easy to do i am told. the permenant one is more like a colonoscopy and costs a great deal.
                              Last edited by flyboyx; 04-16-2019, 03:32 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                                Iron block vs, all aluminium primarily, but later truck engines had aluminium heads. Some of the later 6.2L models used in trucks had all aluminium engines (De-tuned LS3's)

The 4.8L 5.3L and 5.7L all share the same bore, the stroke is different.
                                The heads are interchangeable between the LS1, LS2, LS6 and the 4.8L and 5.3L
                                The 243 heads on the LS6 (C5 Z06) are some of the best for those engines.(They flow great with sodium filled valves.)

The LS3, and variants, LSA, LS9, and the almighty LS7 have a larger bore with varying strokes. 6.2L 6.4L and 7.0L respectively.

The L94 engines had VVT, this is the 6.0L and 6.2L used in the G8, SS and some trucks.
                                I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X