Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    If I ever get told I have to work a lay barge across a swamp south of I10 ever again I am quitting then and there. I have no idea how people live down there anytime of year outside of January
    Air conditioning.
    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
      Air conditioning.

I get that we are humans, and we modify our surroundings to make our lives easier, but why wouldn't everyone with the means just move to a more moderate climate?

As much as we might hate on the idea of modern California there is a reason people started moving there, climate.

Comment

Yeah, the climate here is too nice.

Currently 75 and sunny here in LA
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
          Yeah, the climate here is too nice.

Currently 75 and sunny here in LA

At present in S. MD it's 88F, 70ish percent humidity, and hardly a wisp of breeze. Typical MD July.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            I get that we are humans, and we modify our surroundings to make our lives easier, but why wouldn't everyone with the means just move to a more moderate climate?

As much as we might hate on the idea of modern California there is a reason people started moving there, climate.
            That's a pretty dumb argument against AC.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
              That's a pretty dumb argument against AC.
              Not so much against A/C, but against the general climate 6-8 months of the year. But yeah, A/C should be a convenience, not a necessity.

Comment

Air conditioning.
                On a Lay barge in the swamps or Pontchartrain??? LOL your a funny man.... Well not for us common worker trades guys, out in the stalls anyway
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Not so much against A/C, but against the general climate 6-8 months of the year. But yeah, A/C should be a convenience, not a necessity.
                  While I'd usually wholeheartedly agree with the necessity vs. convenience idea, I have to disagree. Mostly due to the climate change and how it's affecting humans. Here in the PNW where summers usually never were hot, but in the last several summers they have been getting hotter. So much that its causing the region to start growing grapes in vineyards that were usually too damp and wet.
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    On a Lay barge in the swamps or Pontchartrain??? LOL your a funny man.... Well not for us common worker trades guys, out in the stalls anyway
                    You asked about living, not working.

It's ok though, we can handle the heat.
                    I do things.

Comment

Northerners always think AC is not a necessity...until they spend a summer in the deep South. 90°f and 68% today. We went to the beach first thing this AM, ocean was refreshing.

Last week the ocean water locally was over 90°, 84 today.
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:
                      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                        Northerners always think AC is not a necessity...until they spend a summer in the deep South. 90°f and 68% today. We went to the beach first thing this AM, ocean was refreshing.

Last week the ocean water locally was over 90°, 84 today.
                        OH NO A/C is totally necessary for anything over about 72......... Heat on the other hand is not turned on till the house drops below 63 and stays there a while
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                          While I'd usually wholeheartedly agree with the necessity vs. convenience idea, I have to disagree. Mostly due to the climate change and how it's affecting humans. Here in the PNW where summers usually never were hot, but in the last several summers they have been getting hotter. So much that its causing the region to start growing grapes in vineyards that were usually too damp and wet.

Don’t mess with my Oregon Pinot Noir!

Yeah it amazed me how hot it was during the summer at my moms house in Salem a few years ago.

Now we all live in Phoenix.

Yay!
                          90 Bronzit 325is
                          16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Won’t matter soon, most of the vineyards are giving up and turning to hemp. More $$$ to be had.

Speaking of which, when did people start paying so much for pot? Back in my wild younger days, I don’t think anyone ever actually PAID for weed. If you had to pay to get high, you were doing it wrong..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                              Won’t matter soon, most of the vineyards are giving up and turning to hemp. More $$$ to be had.

Speaking of which, when did people start paying so much for pot? Back in my wild younger days, I don’t think anyone ever actually PAID for weed. If you had to pay to get high, you were doing it wrong..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              When one hit could take you to the moon and back.
                              I do things.

Comment

Laughs in Cajun.
                                Texas bros suffer with us Louisiana people.
                                And where you're at is even worse with more humidity. You couldn't pay me to live in Houston...uhggg

You see the issue with California is that there are too many people and the politics sucks balls.

The weather and geography are awesome. You can be at the mountains in the morning and the beach in the afternoon.
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X