Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Just got an email from Sixt with no real details. Looks like they are claiming I had 2 driving infractions within 2 hours of each other when I grabbed my rental car in Italy, back in October 2019. Last century PEOPLE, Im not living in the past, Im living for today... Lets see how this goes lol
    Sixt has a lot of shite reviews on tripadvisor, all similar shenanigans to this.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

Sixt has a lot of shite reviews on tripadvisor, all similar shenanigans to this.
      yea, each one was a 30 Euro "fee" luckily my CC company asked if I authorized them to charge it and I said, "NOPE" haha
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

God damn Italians
        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
        Q
        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Any chance you could just get a new battery for your current s5? or get one of the rootable versions + battery if need be?
          Well that was the primary issue that led to me deciding to abandon it. All of the OEM and aftermarket batteries seem to be NOS. I've already been through 3 of them, they start out a little better than the old one and in a year or less are toast. It's unlikely new batteries are still being manufactured for a phone that has been discontinued for what, 3 years now? Especially since the prices for the aftermarket batteries have been steadily falling. I don't even remember which ones were rootable on 6.0.1 at this point. The choice has been made. I might print a case that mounts nondestructively to the dashboard somewhere and use one of my S5s as a data display for my megasquirt now that I'll have 2 of them collecting dust. One with a cracked screen and one with the screen taped in.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

yea, each one was a 30 Euro "fee" luckily my CC company asked if I authorized them to charge it and I said, "NOPE" haha
            I got tagged by a some (4 or 5?) speed cameras in Germany. Sixt charged me a 15 Euro fine each. I let it go, as that's the cheapest speeding I've ever done. I wish the US did that instead of the way greedy money grubbing asshole legislatures, jurisdictions and municipalities typically do it.

Comment

Oneplus phones used to be 350 new. They had fast processors, but they didn't spend the money on the fancy cameras and all that other peripheral shit. Bummer to see them sort of selling out now and making phones that are in the price ranges that they were against when they first launched.
              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
              Q
              :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

I do enjoy me some fancy cameras and peripheral shit.

I haven't had a nice camera in a while. My S5's never took great pictures, and my S7 edge suffers from an issue where it doesn't focus quite right.

I recently backed it up and did a factory reset... It didn't fix the phone per se, but it seems to be performing better than it was so I'm probably going to just "drive" it into the ground.

Comment

Who wants a Corvette?!?!

I do things.

Comment

350hp.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                      350hp.
                      Base model yo, and it has a specific output very similar to an M10, but is completely outclassed by an M42.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                        350hp.
                        All the torques waffleswaffleswaffles.

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Base model yo, and it has a specific output very similar to an M10, but is completely outclassed by an M42.
                        He's right you know.
                        I do things.

Comment

350hp is pretty meh for a 5.7L engine but with the reasonably priced and extensive aftermarket, it will make significant gains for a pittance compared to what you see in the BMW world. That's the great thing about the LS1.

My S5's never took great pictures
                          Same. The S5 is a great example of how meaningless megapixels are as a measure of photo quality. The optics and dynamic range are truly shit and the chroma noise is noticeable at even low ISO. With just a faster lens and better glass my 12mp iphone camera produces photos that look better than my S5 ever did. As for having a great camera on my phone, not something I'd spend $1,000 for. If I go somewhere where I want to take good photos of things I bring my DSLR, phones are just for convenient snapshots. Even that fancy triple camera arrangement on a new iphone will produce inferior quality images to an old DSLR with less resolution, the sensors are just too small and the optics too compromised.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                            350hp is pretty meh for a 5.7L engine but with the reasonably priced and extensive aftermarket, it will make significant gains for a pittance compared to what you see in the BMW world. That's the great thing about the LS1.
                            You can BOLT ON an AFR-based Intake/Heads/Cam/Headers package, get a custom tune, have 500 RWHP on the stock shortblock and STILL be WAY cheaper than a Dinan badge.
                            Last edited by The Dark Side of Will; 01-14-2020, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Prices for the 6T look reasonable (~$360 for buy it now in good cond.) and comparable to S9's (which I considered, but every S9 on ebay has a cracked screen, so that's not a great sign)
                              Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                              Oneplus phones used to be 350 new. They had fast processors, but they didn't spend the money on the fancy cameras and all that other peripheral shit. Bummer to see them sort of selling out now and making phones that are in the price ranges that they were against when they first launched.
                              Originally posted by varg View Post
                              Same. The S5 is a great example of how meaningless megapixels are as a measure of photo quality. The optics and dynamic range are truly shit and the chroma noise is noticeable at even low ISO. With just a faster lens and better glass my 12mp iphone camera produces photos that look better than my S5 ever did. As for having a great camera on my phone, not something I'd spend $1,000 for. If I go somewhere where I want to take good photos of things I bring my DSLR, phones are just for convenient snapshots. Even that fancy triple camera arrangement on a new iphone will produce inferior quality images to an old DSLR with less resolution, the sensors are just too small and the optics too compromised.
                              I've replaced the screen on my S8+. At >$200 it's a significant part of the phone's retail price. The screen is glued to the phone frame. There are a couple of minor components that go into the frame from the front, then the screen goes in on top of them, then the rest of the components (battery, processor, memory, antenna) go in from the back. The guy who did the screen on my S8+ said the S9 is organized slightly differently in that the screen is the only thing on the front side of the frame, and Samsung PERMANENTLY bonds the screen to the frame. The only way to replace it is to replace the screen + frame assembly, which makes screen replacement on an S9+ even more expensive... hence seeing a bunch with unrepaired cracked screens.

All that being said, I since the screen is the thing on the phone I interact with the most, so I want it to be NICE. That's the primary feature of a flagship phone I pay for. The extra luxury feel is nice, but I'd rather it be durable than shiny, but the big phones are already big enough in my pocket that I don't want to have a thick case making them even hugerer.

Most of what I do with a phone is post pics of car parts on the internet, so a 2 MP camera would suit me just fine... too bad I can't buy one that way. I agree with Varg... if you want good pics, use a camera. Although the CCD itself is great, the optics in a phone are just not very good.

Comment

^ the S7 edge also has that sort of screen arrangement - maybe weaker adhesive, but not designed to be removed. The frame adds a small additional amount to the screen replacement, but when I had my first S5's screen replaced "professionally", the phone was physically bent afterward, so this is a good way to eliminate that risk.

I mostly use my phone camera to take pictures of stuff I'm working on, and I don't really plan to take pictures of stuff, so my ancient entry-level DSLR lives in a drawer in my office unless I actually go somewhere that I intend to take pictures (which I never do I guess. Not sure what happened there.)

Comment

Working...
                                X