• Show
Clear All

Sounds like its time to sell the Neon and dump money into the E30
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The body work alone is enough to make me not care much about it. I fucked it up years ago, and now I live with it. Replacing the trailing arm fixed my toe in, but that rear quarter is pretty rough. And it's at a low point, so I assume that's frame. Talked to a guy I know that works at a body shop and he estimated 8-10k.
      88 325i Cabrio
      04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

How do websites like amazon and ebay (or any site that relies on their search function to sell products) have such utterly awful search functions/refinement criteria/categorization?

I'm on amazon right now looking for HDDs that are at least 1TB and if I stray from their "recommended" items, the entire results turn to garbage - 99% of it is miscategorized trash like clothes/keychains/trinkets.
        None of the refinements on the left are useful unless I want to search by a certain manufacturer, but I can't select multiple. No way to select capacity or form factor, which should really be the bare minimum...
        Even after I search by a single manufacturer, there's a lot of junk, and if I sort by price the results are only kind of sorted by price? Almost like it couldn't be bothered and stopped halfway through.

Every large website seems to be moving away from useful refinements and toward "take my recommendation or fuck off"
        Same thing on walmart's website (which was always trash though). Fb marketplace, kijiji and autotrader have removed certain functionality like search radius.

don't suck, let me buy yer shit

rant over.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

You already understand, they want you to buy what they want to sell you, not what you need or the best value proposition for the customer.

Comment

I didn't have any issue searching for HDD's.
            Now, a few times I had to click on the pulldown menu next to the search bar, it would go to something like "kids clothing" in the middle of a search. Once I put it back on "General Items" or whatever their catch-all is, it did fine.

I used the filter options on the left side to further refine as well, for 5400/7200, 2.5 or 3.5, size etc.
            I do things.

Comment

You're not wrong.
              I did figure out how to select a filter for multiple mfrs, not sure what I did wrong before but it would just open a new page.
              I found more or less what I'm looking for, but it was a painful process.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                You're not wrong.
                I did figure out how to select a filter for multiple mfrs, not sure what I did wrong before but it would just open a new page.
                I found more or less what I'm looking for, but it was a painful process.
                Yeah, I bought a WD black 4TB 7200 RPM before my PC came, and when it arrived it only had 2.5" HDD expansion bays.
                Y Alienware? y u do dis?

So, I'll be buying an 8TB external.
                I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                  I didn't have any issue searching for HDD's.
                  Now, a few times I had to click on the pulldown menu next to the search bar, it would go to something like "kids clothing" in the middle of a search. Once I put it back on "General Items" or whatever their catch-all is, it did fine.

I used the filter options on the left side to further refine as well, for 5400/7200, 2.5 or 3.5, size etc.
                  Holy shit. I thought you were trolling me, but apparently amazon.com and amazon.ca are completely different. Why would you have this functionality built in, and then disable it?

Edit: their mobile app also has the filter options? apparently it's only their actual .ca website that doesn't?
                  Last edited by Northern; 02-06-2020, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Go to the computer thread, you nerds
                    Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                    Q
                    :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      Yea Get out of here NERDS lol...

how did the cock bomb work out?
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                        I do what I want.
                        I do things.

Comment

Holy shit. I thought you were trolling me
                          Lol, nope, trying to be helpful.
                          I do things.

Comment

How do websites like amazon and ebay (or any site that relies on their search function to sell products) have such utterly awful search functions/refinement criteria/categorization?

I'm on amazon right now looking for HDDs that are at least 1TB and if I stray from their "recommended" items, the entire results turn to garbage - 99% of it is miscategorized trash like clothes/keychains/trinkets.
                            None of the refinements on the left are useful unless I want to search by a certain manufacturer, but I can't select multiple. No way to select capacity or form factor, which should really be the bare minimum...
                            Even after I search by a single manufacturer, there's a lot of junk, and if I sort by price the results are only kind of sorted by price? Almost like it couldn't be bothered and stopped halfway through.

Every large website seems to be moving away from useful refinements and toward "take my recommendation or fuck off"
                            Same thing on walmart's website (which was always trash though). Fb marketplace, kijiji and autotrader have removed certain functionality like search radius.

don't suck, let me buy yer shit

rant over.
                            eBay's been sucking horribly for years.
                            Home Depot and Lowe's are historically awful for not bothering to tell you they didn't have anything that matched your results, then throwing their entire inventory into search results (654,789 results for class 12.9 metric bolts? I don't think so...).
                            Amazon is sort of good at parametric search.

Summit is really good at parametric search

The absolute best anywhere is McMaster-Carr, though. No one else is even close. It continually stuns me that Grainger and MSC think they're actually competing in that space.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Yea Get out of here NERDS lol...

how did the cock bomb work out?
                              I'm gonna drop my fuel tank this sunday and install the peee home depot bucket lol

Actually works out, because my filler neck is leaking gas, so I can kill two birds with one stone
                              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                              Q
                              :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

You're welcome!... and dont forget to setup a camera or something
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X