No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I do miss their old format, they definitely have more volume now. It used to be a fun site to browse for quirky interesting and rare cars and be able to read about them. Now I just check it out for the photos mainly and to laugh about some of the prices. Rarely do I ever scroll far enough to read the comments.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Seems like BAT has become a circle jerk for wealthy men and self-professed experts. Buying a car on BAT seems like a great way to overpay for a car.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        BaT needs to go away and let eBay do eBay.
        I would never search for/buy a car from either platform. Different reasons though: BaT seems to be for sellers who want to make top dollar, and ebay seems to be for questionable shit that people wouldn't buy if they saw it in person.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

I would never search for/buy a car from either platform. Different reasons though: BaT seems to be for sellers who want to make top dollar, and ebay seems to be for questionable shit that people wouldn't buy if they saw it in person.
          I bought this on eBay late last year: https://www.realfierotech.com/viewto...21686&start=20

It's *EXACTLY* the configuration I was looking for, straight body, low miles, rust free and even a decent price for anything with a 6.6 Duramax in it.
          However, buyer definitely beware. There's a lot of shady shit out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
            yeah but we don't know a ton about it. There are some sort of EJ205 2.0 engines w/ turbo for $2k plus freight from Toronto, but I don't know how it compares or if you can buy EJ20 stuff in NA?

Apparently the car was swapped with an EJ257 at some point, so rebuilding it might be good, depending on what parts are facked.
            Supposedly the turbo is blown, RMS blew and soaked into the clutch, shavings in the oil, "needs valve guides and seats" (but engine is still assembled as far as I know)

I think we're dragging the engine back to my place when he gets back from work on friday. Figure out what we have, then weigh used jdm engine vs new parts vs rebuild. I'm hoping the heads are fine and they were just
            3.6 R swap! H6 Powa!

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post

3.6 R swap! H6 Powa!
              I do love my 3.6R and I would only consider swapping one if I could fix these three annoying issues:
              1. The 5-speed auto (5EAT) is pretty garbage all around (and newer ones have a CVT). Mine is high mileage which doesn't help. A manual bolts up and would be beautiful.
              2. E-throttle I think has two separate maps, one of them is poo and gives a 0.5s delay on throttle input, which feels like an eternity. Might be able to reflash it, but if I swapped it, I'd probably invest in a haltech.
              3. Something about them resists starting when cold. If I give it throttle, it starts fine but that shouldn't be necessary on a modern engine. Again, probably fixed with a reflash or a haltech.

There's also the fact that the internet claims it has "c-shaped rods" which is hilarious.
              Sadly limited aftermarket for them, but even 256hp/247ftlb is more than WRXs made until like '09.
              There are like 3 of them in my local jy, and I'd probably pull one if I had somewhere to put it.
              I think there are 2+ supercharger kits out there for them, so I wouldn't be opposed to trying a low boost turbo setup.

Comment

The STi six speed would bolt up to the 3.6R engine, right?

Comment

The STi six speed would bolt up to the 3.6R engine, right?
                  Yeah, that's what MCM uses on Supergramps. I think they're making around 350whp.

Comment

I bought this on eBay late last year: https://www.realfierotech.com/viewto...21686&start=20

It's *EXACTLY* the configuration I was looking for, straight body, low miles, rust free and even a decent price for anything with a 6.6 Duramax in it.
                    However, buyer definitely beware. There's a lot of shady shit out there.
                    What is it with the GM vans rusting on the roof? I have a 2007 conversion Express 1500 and it has the same rust spot (fortunately my hood hasn't peeled yet). Sure, it has 260k on it now, but we washed and waxed it regularly during it's life.

john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

What is it with the GM vans rusting on the roof? I have a 2007 conversion Express 1500 and it has the same rust spot (fortunately my hood hasn't peeled yet). Sure, it has 260k on it now, but we washed and waxed it regularly during it's life.
                      That happens a lot, apparently. The EPA is always messing with the paint chemistries that auto mfg's are allowed to use, so each time they do it takes a few years for industry to figure something new out... remember the clear coat peeling off '90's/early '00's cars?
                      This van also grew up in AZ, so it's lived in a sand blasting cabinet half it's life and a UV accelerated test cell the other half.

Comment

Yeah, it is common, I see a ton of them like that. Being a conversion, not sure if the base paint was done at GM, but it has that white slowly fading to grey on the running board area. The hood seems solid, but the roof looks exactly like yours. Worst part is, there's a sunroof cut in mine, so I have a feeling the flange is going to be even worse when looking under the seal. :(
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

In the late 80's and into the 90's we had a lot of issues with that due to acid rain.
                          A lot of the plants cleaned up themselves, a lot, and now that's much less of an issue.

Most of it is just caused by sun exposure.
                          I do things.

Comment

Still my favorite YT video, much E30 content within: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0W2o8RVdCM

Sure would be nice if I could embed it...

Comment

if you notice
                              check out all the 03 06 ish corollas
                              they are 100% every single one of them have rusted out roofs.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                                In the late 80's and into the 90's we had a lot of issues with that due to acid rain.
                                A lot of the plants cleaned up themselves, a lot, and now that's much less of an issue.

Most of it is just caused by sun exposure.
                                The EPA has had a strong hand in this as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X