Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by varg View Post
    I'll put money on the fact that a majority of the masks you see walking around a store have no ratings at all let alone N95. N95 masks have been practically unobtanium for a month, so the people at the stores who are infected are still spreading through their bandanas, dust masks and beautician's masks if they cough or talk (which they probably aren't anyway) and leaving droplets behind on everything you buy. Plus, if you aren't using that N95 mask properly; following proper removal procedure, and disposing of it or disinfecting it after every use, you could catch it from your own mask. Improper removal procedure can render virus contaminated particles on your mask airborne, right in front of your face...

Just follow the separation guidelines at a park or the beach and you'll be fine, good grief.
    Literally this. Like the woman at the cash register wearing the same gloves all day and reusing her mask everyday is probably causing more harm than good by not disposing of them properly. I'm really just starting to get tired of the lack of common sense and general stupidity of people. The amount of people who are apparently health and economic experts is mind blowing. Didn't realize John who barely made it through high school was such a master of economics and clearly knows what is best for the country and world, as says his facebook status
    -Dee
    5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
    IG: @deebelmont

Comment

because wind doesn't carry the virus more then 6 feet.

Comment

whether youre wearing a N95 mask properly or have an old underwear wrapped over your mouth and nose, thats a LOT better at being a NFG frat boy spring breaking with some loosie goosie face to face. The point is that wearing something, is much better than wearing nothing. Lets not give the poor cashier a hard time
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

^^^not only that, but he object of the mask is to help keeping you from spreading to others. It's not going to stop you from getting infected, but as many people as it seems that show no symptoms, face coverings are not a bad idea IMO.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
            because wind doesn't carry the virus more then 6 feet.
            You seem to be terrified of something that is probably less likely than getting killed in a car crash on the way to the beach, to the point that you're flat out insulting people for engaging in behaviors that are objectively not risky. You should stop watching the news, which is trying to terrify people because it's very, very good for ratings, and just follow the CDC guidelines; which do not advise you or anyone who is not in a high risk group to hole up at home and avoid outdoor activity. Outdoor activity is good for people's health, physical and mental. People locked inside, terrified, losing their jobs and savings due to the economic side of this disaster, will kill themselves in large numbers, it is very important for people to engage in activities that are good for their physical and mental health and raise morale. It is sensible that bars, night clubs, gyms, and other indoor recreations are closed, because it is far more likely that you'll catch it indoors where air is largely stagnant, temperatures and humidity are well suited for longevity of the virus, and people are more likely constantly contaminating frequently surfaces, but it is not logical to close beaches or even decently large parks, trapping people at home, many of who do not have private outdoor property.

Click image for larger version  Name:	covid venn diagram.png Views:	0 Size:	198.6 KB ID:	9922276

Last edited by varg; 05-01-2020, 04:49 PM.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

I was out and about today and smelled cigarette smoke. Turned around and a dude was exhaling about 8 yards away from me. Yeah, approx 24', and thought about you two squabbling in this thread. Both of you are right. As long as we all take appropriate action, no worries, but when you have that one person who doesn't show symptoms in a crowded room with no facial covering, sh!t is gonna spread. It's pretty common sense.

john@m20guru.com
              Links:

Comment

Meanwhile I’m over here feeling like ralph wiggum going through a pandemic and i dont even have health insurance. Haha im in danger.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

just don't be a retard and go to the beach with 100,000 other retards sniffing up that covid.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                    just don't be a retard and go to the beach with 100,000 other retards sniffing up that covid.
                    lol no I just go to my shop and home with occasion trip to the grocery store and gas station but I carry Clorox wipes with me and wipe everything down car door handles, hands, things I purchased etc.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post

lol no I just go to my shop and home with occasion trip to the grocery store and gas station but I carry Clorox wipes with me and wipe everything down car door handles, hands, things I purchased etc.
                      haven't seen you post much lately. good to see you back. how have you been?
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post

haven't seen you post much lately. good to see you back. how have you been?
                        I'm doing about as well as one can be right now lol. Just work, come home play with cars rinse and repeat. thanks for asking

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

anyone have experience here with a T5 trans?

Some people swear by them, others say they will get shredded by torque.

I need a gearbox that can handle around 400 ft lbs

It's that or a ZF5
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

going to north carolina tomorrow to look at an e46 zhp 6 speed.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                              going to north carolina tomorrow to look at an e46 zhp 6 speed.
                              That is such a great car..
                              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                                anyone have experience here with a T5 trans?

Some people swear by them, others say they will get shredded by torque.

I need a gearbox that can handle around 400 ft lbs

It's that or a ZF5
                                3rd gear is made out of glass. There are fixes, but there's a reason the t5 never came behind the 350tpi torque-monster. t56 is the way to go.
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:

Comment

Working...
                                X