X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melon View Post

I love it.
    Just rent a damn trailer for $19.95

I worked at BestBuy (Geek Squad) for about two years.
    Seeing people try to load up 80" TV's in their compact crossover was always entertaining.
    Bish please. I'll fit this entire store in my Aveo sedan.

Comment

I put 16' 2 bys in my lil ranger, but I put the but end in the corner of the bed and rest them on the cab and ratchet strap those mfers down without a problem/
      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
      Q
      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Bish please. I'll fit this entire store in my Aveo sedan.
        I do things.

Comment

Well, I've given my two weeks at the bank on Monday. Accepted an offer at a tech solutions company in town. One of my best friends works there and has been begging me to let him get me an interview for months. Liked what I heard. Really looking forward to learning and working with a lot more.
          88 325i Cabrio
          04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Nice, congrats on the new job!
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

At least I can put the peg in the hole, not sure about those other two.

Comment

update: Took the exam again today...Failed again! So disappointed in myself. Last time I got a 68, this time I got a 69. Need 72 to pass, total 106 questions. The last 11 are labs, so not sure if each question is weighted the same or if the labs have more. I think I got the updated test that they just recently redid. Yay me...Some stuff on there I have never seen.

I could do one more retry...but at $800 a try...I think I'm done.
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Nice, congrats on the new job!
                  Thanks man! Gonna be quite a change. Going from office to working from home. Also going to salary.... BUT, I'll be able to learn more and work with a lot more equipment and applications.
                  88 325i Cabrio
                  04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                    honest question. Why do so many people love station wagons? Not sure if my impression of them(80s) is of a huge car that is slow and handles like a couch is part of it or that a car like that doesn't seem to fit what I want?
                    This brings up an interesting point. Why do you look at something like a RS6 avant, which is a ~600hp, $110,000 german sport wagon which would dust 99% of the cars owned by users of this forum in any situation and associate it with a Country Squire or the like because of the body style? Sure, it's ugly, with its enormous mostly fake grille, fake vents, fake exhaust tips, odd wheels and flared jowls like a bulldog sticking its head out the window of a speeding jaguar, that's why I don't like it. But I never understood how someone's view of an entire type of car or engine is ruined by their experience with something kinda related in the distant past. The american diesel car market was ruined by garbage in the malaise era for this reason. To me that's like not wanting to eat candy bars because they might look a little like something you see in the toilet bowl if you squint hard enough.

Me? I'll never take a sedan when an equivalent wagon is within reach. They usually look better and are objectively more practical if you do any sort of activity that involves hauling something.
                    Last edited by varg; 08-19-2020, 07:36 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    [CoTM: 4-18]
                    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                    - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post

This brings up an interesting point. Why do you look at something like a RS6 avant, which is a ~600hp, $110,000 german sport wagon which would dust 99% of the cars owned by users of this forum in any situation and associate it with a Country Squire or the like because of the body style? Sure, it's ugly, with its enormous mostly fake grille, fake vents, fake exhaust tips, odd wheels and flared jowls like a bulldog sticking its head out the window of a speeding jaguar, that's why I don't like it. But I never understood how someone's view of an entire type of car or engine is ruined by their experience with something kinda related in the distant past. The american diesel car market was ruined by garbage in the malaise era for this reason. To me that's like not wanting to eat candy bars because they might look a little like something you see in the toilet bowl if you squint hard enough.

Me? I'll never take a sedan when an equivalent wagon is within reach. They usually look better and are objectively more practical if you do any sort of activity that involves hauling something.
                      I mean like that's your opinion man /the dude

I completely get where you're coming from. However, for me, the station wagon version will always be less than the coupe version of said platform. I have a truck, I dont need my car to haul stuff.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I have a truck, and I'd still love to daily a wagoon. Covered vs. open storage.
                        I do things.

Comment

If 4 doors are for more w4ores, then wagons are for more ...?... shaggin?...
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Wagons are sick.

It's not functionality, practicality or anything to do with how much you can or cannot put in it.

It's about people who dismiss that body style as a 'mom' car, or something along those lines.

Its about when you smoke the unsuspecting Dbag in his auto mustang with a "baby on board" sticker on the rear gate that's partially closed due to the 3 or 4 feet of 2 bys sticking out the back.
                            Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                            Q
                            :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...nz-e63-amg-28/

I mean... come on!...
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Meh, I always liked wagons. Nomads, Ramblers, even the Maibu with the 283ci was a sleeper. My first car was a wagon, but quite ugly, and a far cry from the former....

Click image for larger version  Name:	photo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.4 KB ID:	9946287
                                Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 08-20-2020, 11:26 AM.
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:
                                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                                X