No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got to work on some ToughBooks when I was doing IT support for a couple of police stations, a few different cities. They are tough lol Also got one for a guy that was out in Afghanistan/Iraq for Raytheon, he had a regular HP laptop that came back after a year of use and had sand inside of it...hahaha

Mine, pending pickup tomorrow :(
    ​​​​​​​https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3323602346520/
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Nice so you got some Insurance money and doubled it by selling the car as-is?! Not bad, walking away with ~$10k

My Christmas was nice, gave my wife a lot of little surprises and thoughtful gifts, some jewelry, etc. I havent gotten anything yet except some Dickies work pants since my old "workpants" aka old torn jeans were getting quite bad. On the flip side, I bought my MR2 tires, installed them and did a fun canyon run. Car is a blast, my buddy Charlie was chasing me in his S52 E30 and I think the little 1.8 held its own. Charlie would only say that I "was going at a good pace" haha
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Nice so you got some Insurance money and doubled it by selling the car as-is?! Not bad, walking away with ~$10k

My Christmas was nice, gave my wife a lot of little surprises and thoughtful gifts, some jewelry, etc. I havent gotten anything yet except some Dickies work pants since my old "workpants" aka old torn jeans were getting quite bad. On the flip side, I bought my MR2 tires, installed them and did a fun canyon run. Car is a blast, my buddy Charlie was chasing me in his S52 E30 and I think the little 1.8 held its own. Charlie would only say that I "was going at a good pace" haha
        It's funny how we say "a good pace," and law enforcement says something like "reckless speed" in their press conference after the car flies off the cliff. What's wrong with those guys anyway? Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

it's funny how we say "a good pace," and law enforcement says something like "reckless speed" in their press conference after the car flies off the cliff. What's wrong with those guys anyway? Sheesh.
          hahaha
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd

Comment

Yeah it's not too bad of a turn out. I took the fender off sat and said, forget it, I'm just gonna sell it like it is. Plus the new buyer can see what the damage(very little) and can know what has been done.
            They guy should be here tomorrow and give me the rest, he put up a deposit through zelle, and then take it home with him. I have a ton of extra stuff with it too.
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd

Comment

I think the little 1.8 held its own.
              With the the W30 chassis weight, suspension and rigidity advantages it doesn't need to.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                I got to work on some ToughBooks when I was doing IT support for a couple of police stations, a few different cities. They are tough lol Also got one for a guy that was out in Afghanistan/Iraq for Raytheon, he had a regular HP laptop that came back after a year of use and had sand inside of it...hahaha

Mine, pending pickup tomorrow :(
                ​​​​​​​https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3323602346520/
                Pleasantly surprised when I opened it and 10 booted up - in seconds. The older versions used smaller processors to extend battery life. The older machines would get 28hr of run time on a single charge, this one is down to about 13. I will take the speed over battery life. The fam wasn't going to drop $3.7k on one, so it is second hand and needs a couple new port doors to get back to being waterproof, but already enjoying it. Only gripe so far is it's a 4:3 screen, so even when using the HDMI, it broadcasts in 4:3 - not so great on a wide screen, but whatevs, gotta take the good with he bad. Haven't timed it yet, but a cold boot is almost as fast as two Sony's ago (dual i5/i7, 2.9ghz, dual 250gb raid sdd).
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

Pleasantly surprised when I opened it and 10 booted up - in seconds. The older versions used smaller processors to extend battery life. The older machines would get 28hr of run time on a single charge, this one is down to about 13. I will take the speed over battery life. The fam wasn't going to drop $3.7k on one, so it is second hand and needs a couple new port doors to get back to being waterproof, but already enjoying it. Only gripe so far is it's a 4:3 screen, so even when using the HDMI, it broadcasts in 4:3 - not so great on a wide screen, but whatevs, gotta take the good with he bad. Haven't timed it yet, but a cold boot is almost as fast as two Sony's ago (dual i5/i7, 2.9ghz, dual 250gb raid sdd).
                  Nice!

So my car sold and was picked up today :(

Now I've been looking at getting a truck to replace it.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd

Comment

Came across this, dying laughing: https://www.tiktok.com/@kaylarundle/...343110?lang=en
                    My Feedback

Comment

Happy New Year Everyone!

Im not going to change my signature because I think 2020 has become more of a movement than a year... so the "Lets Make R3V Great Again 2020" Campaign continues...
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Happy New Years guys!
                        My previous build (currently E30-less)
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Happy New Year Everyone!

Im not going to change my signature because I think 2020 has become more of a movement than a year... so the "Lets Make R3V Great Again 2020" Campaign continues...
                          Well, as manager of the campaign you should give us an end of year summary on how we did or did not do. After all, we are the key demographic that needs to be convinced to follow through, but there's also the strong bot/scammer coalition that could be key in forming a new forum.

Maybe the opposition needs a leader.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Well, as manager of the campaign you should give us an end of year summary on how we did or did not do. After all, we are the key demographic that needs to be convinced to follow through, but there's also the strong bot/scammer coalition that could be key in forming a new forum.

Maybe the opposition needs a leader.
                            Well, those who would like to be rated by me will get one... so heres your score:

Post Quality: A-
                            Build Thread Content: F
                            R3V Factor: B+
                            Overall Score: C+

Summary: While you're a valued regular contributor to R3V, theres no clue as to whether you own a E30, A Prius or something in between. The missing Driver/ Vehicle content is holding you back from a much higher score. Go start a build thread and the score will be much higher in 2020+1
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Actually found the perfect truck for me. Only thing is that it's on 24s lol No clue how much these wheels/tires are worth. Want to get some more offroad worthy wheel package.

2015 GMC 6.2 4x4 SLT crew cab and it's blue!
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

Well, those who would like to be rated by me will get one... so heres your score:

Post Quality: A-
                                Build Thread Content: F
                                R3V Factor: B+
                                Overall Score: C+

Summary: While you're a valued regular contributor to R3V, theres no clue as to whether you own a E30, A Prius or something in between. The missing Driver/ Vehicle content is holding you back from a much higher score. Go start a build thread and the score will be much higher in 2020+1
                                So, in E30 terms a C+ is what, like an M42 318i sedan, or is it more of a regular 324d?

I don't think anyone really wants to see F150 content, and my other option, a SVT Contour needs a donor car, which I simply cannot find at anything like a reasonable price.

In any case this grading thing should be a thread, since you know, there are only one a few new ones per week.

Comment

Working...
                                X