Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    Jason from motor trend did a video w his on the track. It's in one of the head to head episodes
    They moved it behind the MotorTrend paywall IE MotorTrend app.

In other news, I think its time to bump old stale threads that were quite awesome... beware
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      In other news, I think its time to bump old stale threads that were quite awesome... beware
      Thanks for taking up the torch.

Comment

So, I'm in the market for a new daily

Throw some ideas at me.

RN the number one is a 540i E39 and number two is... get ready for it....

Click image for larger version

Name:	__large__04955rr-01.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	9971658
        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
        Q
        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

So, I'm in the market for a new daily

Throw some ideas at me.

RN the number one is a 540i E39 and number two is... get ready for it....

Name:	__large__04955rr-01.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	9971658
          E39 530i, or a C32.

Comment

I3...

Sit in and go, Insta heat... What ever. I hate gas stations too. People parked at the pump.. Floor sticky with spilled polar pop.. card reader not working.. Go see cashier... for receipt... Line of lottery tickets and cigarettes..

More time and money for E30 with less time in daily.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Name:	00e4ece11484dab9619d6cc559b5d481.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	9971689
              Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

E39 530i, or a C32.
              A 530i is def a more sensible choice.. I did love mine, but I sold it and if I were to get back into an e39 I'd def want a v8.

W202 or 203?

I cant stand the way a 203 looks, but I do love the w202...

This is such a beautiful car...

Q

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                I3...

Sit in and go, Insta heat... What ever. I hate gas stations too. People parked at the pump.. Floor sticky with spilled polar pop.. card reader not working.. Go see cashier... for receipt... Line of lottery tickets and cigarettes..

More time and money for E30 with less time in daily.
                I've tried the boring daily life and it's just not for me. I cant do it again..

My e30 doesn't need anymore money either, it's pretty much where I want it to be. It was in the mix of cars as a daily for a while and it's going to be taken out of the loop. My plan is to sell my C280, Mini cooper and Jetta.

Those three cars are fine daily drivers, but the jetta and mini are extremely gay and the C280 bores me.

I figured a german SUV would complement my garage nicely since it will be composed exclusively of vehicles w 2 doors and no upholders when the other three depart.

German/V8 or I6/four doors
                Q

Comment

Name:	00e4ece11484dab9619d6cc559b5d481.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	9971689

A 530i is def a more sensible choice.. I did love mine, but I sold it and if I were to get back into an e39 I'd def want a v8.

W202 or 203?

I cant stand the way a 203 looks, but I do love the w202...

This is such a beautiful car...
                  Yeah, the 202 is great, but they seem to just rust to bits, and you only get to pick C36, which is cool not quite an AMG as we know it, or C43, which is cool but you won't find, and is basically no faster.

I'd personally skip the C55 in the 203 for the less high strung SC engine in the C32, and the better MPG/lower parts cost.

However, you seem to just want a fun car, so an E39 540i is fine, but having had a 530 I think you will be somewhat displeased with the handling/steering feedback of the 540.

But really, if you want the expensive Touareg you could at least get one with a manual to make it a challenge.

Comment

I've tried the boring daily life and it's just not for me. I cant do it again..

My e30 doesn't need anymore money either, it's pretty much where I want it to be. It was in the mix of cars as a daily for a while and it's going to be taken out of the loop. My plan is to sell my C280, Mini cooper and Jetta.

Those three cars are fine daily drivers, but the jetta and mini are extremely gay and the C280 bores me.

I figured a german SUV would complement my garage nicely since it will be composed exclusively of vehicles w 2 doors and no upholders when the other three depart.

German/V8 or I6/four doors

Alternatively on my list would be M2C or more compromisable a 3 year old Melbourne Red / Cognac M240 with the B58... Or Lexus LS430\

Or if in your shoes a more simplistic late body to complement my early body E30

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

V12 Benz with straight pipes
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        V12 Benz with straight pipes
                        V8 S80 with just headers.

Comment

I've never experienced an LX430 but they def got a tax on them around due to the overlanding bandwagon.

Maybe I should sell my headache 500SL and just get something easier to maintain like the 600SL **heavy sarcasm** LOL

I think I'd rather reach into a toilet for my own shit than purchase a v8 VOLVO lol jesus christ
                          Q

Comment

I think I'd rather reach into a toilet for my own shit than purchase a v8 VOLVO lol jesus christ
                            But who do you know who has owned one? I don't even know anyone who has any experience with one that someone else had, so they are at least unique.

Buy one and immediately cut the mufflers off.

Comment

Hey guys, these are good to drive on right? Took the old tires off so I could have the new ones put on, and saw this. I knew one had a bad spot on it like this, but this one was like this the whole way around. Date stamped 4115, so 5 years old. Maybe 50% tread. Terrible.

Name:	AudiTire3.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	9972100

Comment

Whoa! How does that even happen?!
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X