No announcement yet.

Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing I don't understand about the no-maskers is exactly what Burgandy said. No one says stores are taking away freedoms because they aren't allowed without shoes/shirt - no one is saying their rights are infringed upon when they get a seat belt violation, or ticket for lack of motorcycle helmet etc.

john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Burg, I will echo Phillip and say I don't believe that you are a white supremacist. While we differ in view on some of these points, I'm not going to up and call you a Nazi or anything like that. You're right, the hate and division has gotten AWFUL these last few years. Honestly, it's tiring. It's started to turn me away from my family and the small town Kansas life I've always loved. My wife and I have seriously considered moving, because my town has just become a cesspool of hate in ANY discussion.
      88 325i Cabrio
      04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        The thing I don't understand about the no-maskers is exactly what Burgandy said. No one says stores are taking away freedoms because they aren't allowed without shoes/shirt - no one is saying their rights are infringed upon when they get a seat belt violation, or ticket for lack of motorcycle helmet etc.
        Agreed, and it's even a bit more important in this regard, because it's not completely about protecting yourself (like with a seatbelt) it's about protecting and respecting others because you could be unknowingly spreading a virus that might not be showing up in you, but could be potentially fatal to others. It's about being conscientious.

Let's not blow out of proportion a tiny good-practice measure to help save a life or not bankrupt someone in hospital bills. Maybe among a few isolated people it doesn't make a difference, but multiply it per a whole huge country and it's important tiny step. We really needed a mask mandate clearly and early on so this thing wouldn't get out of hand. What we got was mixed and misinformation on a whole host of levels. CV-19 is definitely out of hand in the US. It's a huge problem that is not going away.
        1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post

Agreed, and it's even a bit more important in this regard, because it's not completely about protecting yourself (like with a seatbelt) it's about protecting and respecting others because you could be unknowingly spreading a virus that might not be showing up in you, but could be potentially fatal to others. It's about being conscientious.

Let's not blow out of proportion a tiny good-practice measure to help save a life or not bankrupt someone in hospital bills. Maybe among a few isolated people it doesn't make a difference, but multiply it per a whole huge country and it's important tiny step. We really needed a mask mandate clearly and early on so this thing wouldn't get out of hand. What we got was mixed and misinformation on a whole host of levels. CV-19 is definitely out of hand in the US. It's a huge problem that is not going away.
          I just don't get those who think it's a hoax or that it's "just a cold" or "just the flu". I mean, I guess "Out of sight, Out of mind". But, one of my best friends had his mother, aunt, and grandma all on a vent at the same time from it. He had to have conversations at 24 about if his mother didn't make it out. His grandma almost didn't.

Also, my town of 14,000 just had the first death from it today. Male in his 30's.
          Last edited by supermansocks95; 07-30-2020, 02:50 PM.
          88 325i Cabrio
          04 Neon SRT-4

If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

I don't think people should be mandated to wear masks, but I also don't think it's their right to be served at any establishment without one.

If you don't want to wear one, don't, but don't cry about it if you get sick or aren't allowed into a store. It's simple. That's the freedom I stand behind if that word is being used in this situation.

When have I stood up for racists and white supremacists or racists?

Haven't we been talking about fascism, Portland and the protests?? I'm lost, when was I supporting white supremacy.

Sorry, but the notion that I am or support it is ridiculous and I don't even know what I said to lead you to believe that I supported an alleged white supremacist burning down an auto zone.

I don't support any looting burning or anything of that nature regardless of the cause. I just don't.

I'm not a racist, don't support racists, maybe you think I do because I defend trump as not being a fascist and you take that as me supporting racism or white supremacy, but that's an unfair connection, because I don't.

Trust me, my family and I have experienced it. It's probably the most dehumanizing thing ever. I hate it.

Don't take what I say about one thing and assume I stand for that.

This is why I hate the division. It makes peoples perception of others so black and white.

Oh you support or defend trump, you're this this and that

and that works both ways and Im guilty of being that guy, even here in this thread, no denying that, but you guys are just as guilty.

I just hate the with us or against us politics today. Everyone is just so passionate about their beliefs along with the with us or against us politics that discourse is dead.

I remember when it was just an agree to disagree situation, but today it's the opposite. I do stand behind what I say. I read news from all side from large and small publications and this is where I ended up. I used to be more left leaning, but the last four years has been a massive turnoff to that political group.
            That's fair, and honestly I apologize. But I have been posting all sorts of stuff about Trump, not just the fascism. And to my mind, if you support Trump, then you implicitly support racism. You can't separate the two, even if you personally do not hold those views.

I also do not support burning and looting. I do however, support people exercising their 1st and 4th amendment rights - which is what the vast majority of the protesters are doing. And the Trump response undoubtedly stepped over that line.
            Last edited by nando; 07-30-2020, 03:04 PM.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post

I just don't get those who think it's a hoax or that it's "just a cold" or "just the flu". I mean, I guess "Out of sight, Out of mind". But, one of my best friend had his mother, aunt, and grandma all on a vent at the same time from it. He had to have conversations at 24 about if his mother didn't make it out. His grandma almost didn't.

Also, my town of 14,000 just had the first death from it today. Male in his 30's.
              My town is about the same size, and we've had way more deaths than that. But *most* people seem to be doing the right thing - and this is a fairly conservative area, I hardly ever see anyone flagrantly not abiding by the mask rules. So to me, even if it pisses people off - it's way more effective to have the rule, than it was before when maybe 50% were following the guidelines. I think most people do understand it, but the people who scream the loudest, even if they're only 2% of the population, get the most attention.

People can't even complain about having to buy them - my wife has literally sewn hundreds of them to give away. The fire department and police department pick them up once a week and hand them out if they see you without one. Nobody is being arrested or being fined. That is hardly an onerous burden..
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

My town is about the same size, and we've had way more deaths than that. But *most* people seem to be doing the right thing - and this is a fairly conservative area, I hardly ever see anyone flagrantly not abiding by the mask rules. So to me, even if it pisses people off - it's way more effective to have the rule, than it was before when maybe 50% were following the guidelines. I think most people do understand it, but the people who scream the loudest, even if they're only 2% of the population, get the most attention.

People can't even complain about having to buy them - my wife has literally sewn hundreds of them to give away. The fire department and police department pick them up once a week and hand them out if they see you without one. Nobody is being arrested or being fined. That is hardly an onerous burden..
                Well, our numbers are rising. They originally said fuck you to our governor and didn't care about the mandate, then it got worse. People have been acting like they're going to straight up spit in an officers face if they tell them to put a mask on. Then, once the order came, they just either shut up or bitched harder. One person I saw publicly talked shit on our mayor FOR HIS TIME IN THE MARINES. Basically questioning whether he ever fought for freedom back in fuckin' 'Nam.
                88 325i Cabrio
                04 Neon SRT-4

Comment

Burgandy, here's a word of advice. If your in a room, and every one calls you an asshole, it doesn't mean they're wrong, it means you're an asshole.

Not saying that as an insult, or calling you a asshole. What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't matter if you don't think your racist, it only matters if others view you as that. We only have your posts to go off. Your own words come across as racist, that's why people call you that. Instead of denying that what you post is racist, maybe ask why people get that impression from your posts. No one wants to admit they might be racist, but if everyone calls you one, there's a reason.

Your statement that it's a cultural thing with black americans is a perfect example. Would it be fair to say that you as a middle eastern Muslim are culturally raised to be a terrorist? Or that white conservatives are culturally raised to be mass shooters or serial killers?

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post

I just don't get those who think it's a hoax or that it's "just a cold" or "just the flu". I mean, I guess "Out of sight, Out of mind". But, one of my best friends had his mother, aunt, and grandma all on a vent at the same time from it. He had to have conversations at 24 about if his mother didn't make it out. His grandma almost didn't.

ugh.

My sister's doorman in NYC got it and died, he was in his 40's. My immediate neighbor just died here in LA. My gf's father in Michigan just got it, he's 62. Thankfully he's recovering ok. Anyway, point is, it's all over the place and it will eventually become very, very real even for the down-players or hoax people.

When I see somebody like a Trump take it so lightly and play it to divide us, I think it is the knowing of real people that are sick or dead that makes me most angry. The real conservatives need to stand up and help drag him out of office. I get it you don't want to lose your Supreme Court seats, but it really is past time for Mutiny, get rid of this corrupt moron and nominate someone else, you'd have a better chance. What an embarrassment.
                    1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by CarpHunter View Post
                      Burgandy, here's a word of advice. If your in a room, and every one calls you an asshole, it doesn't mean they're wrong, it means you're an asshole.

Not saying that as an insult, or calling you a asshole. What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't matter if you don't think your racist, it only matters if others view you as that. We only have your posts to go off. Your own words come across as racist, that's why people call you that. Instead of denying that what you post is racist, maybe ask why people get that impression from your posts. No one wants to admit they might be racist, but if everyone calls you one, there's a reason.

Your statement that it's a cultural thing with black americans is a perfect example. Would it be fair to say that you as a middle eastern Muslim are culturally raised to be a terrorist? Or that white conservatives are culturally raised to be mass shooters or serial killers?
                      sigh,

pop culture in black communities explicitly glorifies what I'm talking about.

But, if I make the simple observation, I'm a racist?

But if, lets say, obama brings attention to that very thing, it's okay?

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/16/u...cnd-obama.html

I stand firmly behind what I said and will continue to do so, because fixing that specific problem will bring nothing but good to the black communities.

Yes, it is a touchy subject, but if you want to fix problems, then you have to have those conversations, which I'm not afraid to do and prominent members of the black communities also feel the same.

The problem is people who think like you that brand conversations like that as racist.
                      Jesus Christ, "it's not what you think about yourself, it's what others think of you" is the most ass backwards thinking ever.

It's called integrity.

I've always cared about the black community, not because I feel sorry for them, but because they're my neighbors and I want everyone to be set up for success and that starts at home.

So, if you think I'm a racist, fuck you.

I would see kids and their parents in the streets still with laptops and such because they just got kicked out of their house. You don't think that bothers me? I gave to those communities when I had almost nothing myself because I care. I didn't donate, I personally went out my self and made changes. But I don't go around telling everyone or posting on social media that I do this and that because that doesn't matter and helps no one.

Being called a racist by people on the internet doesn't mean anything to me, because I've probably done more personally in one night than people who've called me a racist have done in their entire lives to help communities they claim i'm "racist" towards.

So, when the whole room calls me a racist, I scoff and continue on.

And it's MrBurgundy to you.
                      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

^I apologized for that, and that was a line crossed. I have no reason not to believe you despite disagreements. I too know what it's like to see minority kids who have basically no chance because of their parents and their situations. I try to help as well, but there are just so many bad situations. The fix has to come from the top and the bottom. I can't do much to change those kids parents. But maybe by the time they themselves have grown up, the system could actually help them instead of hinder. And the fact is - these situations drag everyone down, because they are struggling and the teachers, law enforcement and community leaders end up focusing their time on the problems instead of the potential.

To me, this isn't about you or me or anyone else anyway. it's about Trump. So I'll keep my focus on that.

Speaking of crossed lines. Ooops:
                        Steven G. Calabresi, Co-founder of the conservative Federalist Society: Trump's tweet floating election delay is grounds for impeachment
                        https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/30/o...ronavirus.html

The NY times link is directly to his op-ed. I can copy-pasta if you're pay-walled (I've long figured out that bypassing javascript based paywalls is extremely easy). Here's his bio page:
                        https://www.law.northwestern.edu/fac...evenCalabresi/

Here's a Faux News link if that's your thing:
                        Federalist Society co-founder Stephen Calabresi said that President Trump’s tweet suggesting to postpone the election is “fascistic” and “grounds for the president’s immediate impeachment.”

edit: meh, I'll just paste it. Maybe people think I'm a liberal commie, but even I can't afford to pay for the NYTimes :p

Trump Might Try to Postpone the Election. That’s Unconstitutional.

He should be removed unless he relents.

By Steven G. Calabresi

Mr. Calabresi is a co-founder of the Federalist Society and a professor at Northwestern University’s Pritzker School of Law.
                        • July 30, 2020

The president on Thursday tweeted that the 2020 election would be “fraudulent” if there is universal mail-in voting.Credit...Doug Mills/The New York Times

I have voted Republican in every presidential election since 1980, including voting for Donald Trump in 2016. I wrote op-eds and a law review article protesting what I believe was an unconstitutional investigation by Robert Mueller. I also wrote an op-ed opposing President Trump’s impeachment.

But I am frankly appalled by the president’s recent tweet seeking to postpone the November election. Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats’ assertion that President Trump is a fascist. But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president’s immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate.

Here is what President Trump tweeted:
                        With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 30, 2020

The nation has faced grave challenges before, just as it does today with the spread of the coronavirus. But it has never canceled or delayed a presidential election. Not in 1864, when President Abraham Lincoln was expected to lose and the South looked as if it might defeat the North. Not in 1932 in the depths of the Great Depression. Not in 1944 during World War II.

So we certainly should not even consider canceling this fall’s election because of the president’s concern about mail-in voting, which is likely to increase because of fears about Covid-19. It is up to each of the 50 states whether to allow universal mail-in voting and Article II of the Constitution explicitly gives the states total power over the selection of presidential electors.

It is up to each of the 50 states whether to allow universal mail-in voting. Credit...Matt Slocum/Associated Press

Election Day was fixed by a federal law passed in 1845, and the Constitution itself in the 20th Amendment specifies that the newly elected Congress meet at noon on Jan. 3, 2021, and that the terms of the president and vice president end at noon on Jan. 20, 2021. If no newly elected president is available, the speaker of the House of Representatives becomes acting president.

President Trump needs to be told by every Republican in Congress that he cannot postpone the federal election. Doing so would be illegal, unconstitutional and without precedent in American history. Anyone who says otherwise should never be elected to Congress again.

Steven G. Calabresi is a co-founder of the Federalist Society and a professor at Northwestern University’s Pritzker School of Law.
                        Last edited by nando; 07-30-2020, 09:29 PM.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

sigh,

pop culture in black communities explicitly glorifies what I'm talking about.

But, if I make the simple observation, I'm a racist?

But if, lets say, obama brings attention to that very thing, it's okay?

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/16/u...cnd-obama.html

I stand firmly behind what I said and will continue to do so, because fixing that specific problem will bring nothing but good to the black communities.

Yes, it is a touchy subject, but if you want to fix problems, then you have to have those conversations, which I'm not afraid to do and prominent members of the black communities also feel the same.

The problem is people who think like you that brand conversations like that as racist.
                          Jesus Christ, "it's not what you think about yourself, it's what others think of you" is the most ass backwards thinking ever.

It's called integrity.

I've always cared about the black community, not because I feel sorry for them, but because they're my neighbors and I want everyone to be set up for success and that starts at home.

So, if you think I'm a racist, fuck you.

I would see kids and their parents in the streets still with laptops and such because they just got kicked out of their house. You don't think that bothers me? I gave to those communities when I had almost nothing myself because I care. I didn't donate, I personally went out my self and made changes. But I don't go around telling everyone or posting on social media that I do this and that because that doesn't matter and helps no one.

Being called a racist by people on the internet doesn't mean anything to me, because I've probably done more personally in one night than people who've called me a racist have done in their entire lives to help communities they claim i'm "racist" towards.

So, when the whole room calls me a racist, I scoff and continue on.

And it's MrBurgundy to you.
                          Need to calm your shit there burgs, don't get so triggered. If you actually read my post, you would see at no point did i call you a racist. I was simply pointing out that your very words are what lead people to get that impression. And that instead of debating weather or not you are one, try asking why your words come across that way. Again, never called you a racist, stop putting words in my mouth. You have no right to tell me what i think or feel. If you wanna know that stuff, simply read, or ask and I'll tell you. I even stated in the fucking post that i wasn't attacking you. Calm down and read.

And you never did answer my question. I'm not saying that your belief in black culture leading to the current state of things is wrong. I'm also not saying you don't care about the black community. I'm asking if it's safe to say that your own culture of Arab Muslim leads to terrorism? Or conservative culture leading to becoming a mass shooter? Both cultures glorify violence and power after all. Same with all cultures. What color is the hero in every action movie, what color are the bad guys? Depends on the culture doesn't it? That's a natural product of each culture myth building. Not something that's a lone signature of black culture. Maybe if america would treat blacks as americans instead of a separate culture, they wouldn't have need to create said separate culture? After all, the entire civil rights, and for the most part blm protests have been about that very thing. Treating minorities like full americans. What would black culture look like if america funded schools equally nation wide? What would black culture look like if america showed them more black role models than the athlete, the rapper, and the dealer? What would black culture look like if it was equally policed? Would it still be black culture, or just american culture at that point? I think where your issue falls with systemic racism, is the word systemic. That's just the word of the day. The true words your looking for are "institutionalized racism". But that's fucking hard to write, so they shortened it. Examples would be segregation, jim crow laws, red lining, ect.. basically codified racial preference. It's also been baked into Christian and catholic religions. It's a real thing. But just because those laws, or policies are gone, doesn't mean the damage, or racial preferences are gone. School funding and housing are two excellent examples to look into.

As to you not understanding the asshole analogy, give it more thought. When you die, does it matter what you thought of yourself? Or does the impression you leave on others matter?

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                            Trump daddy hasn't gotten around to that, yet.

Comment

describing the black community as a bunch of people who need to fix themselves is a little racist

also

Click image for larger version

Name:	2fbx6JB.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	9942104
                              past:
                              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:
                              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

and to bring this discussion away from our resident alt-right attention-seeking paragraph-dumping trolls and back on topic:

Asked on Monday, when he was departing the White House for a North Carolina facility involved in producing a potential coronavirus vaccine, if he planned on paying his respects to the congressman, President Donald Trump said no.

"No, I won't be going. No," Trump told reporters.
                                skipping out on the funeral of one of the founders of the modern civil rights movement

classy move, you racist piece of shit

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/proc...ry?id=71999770
                                past:
                                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:
                                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
                                X