No announcement yet.

Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, "evangelicals," or at least those who support DT won't change at this stage. Just considering all of the other things that have come out, I don't see this being the last straw.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
      Since you don’t live here, it’s a legitimate excuse for not having a pulse for the country, but I wouldn’t rely on obscure media opinions as to what MAY happen.

Do you sincerely think evangelicals might side with the party endorsing infanticide over Trumps shady impeachment based on moral grounds??? And that they would then pressure their senators so hard they would switch their support of the president in favor of impeachment........ think before posting.

There isn’t even going to be a trial.... Pelosi is fucked and she knows it. The justice dems backed her into a corner by forcing this whole sham, and she is having to eat a shit sandwich because of it. They are being destroyed from within by their own insane creation of “social justice” bs.
      Since I don't live South of the Border has nothing to do with what Evangelicals think about Trump not being a moral person. They might very well want to impeach him and leave office and have another Republican take its place. Someone with higher moral values. Stop mentioning Pelosi and the Democrats. The problem is Trump and his behavior... Let's just wait a couple of weeks and see how Trump's religious supporter will do...Because it wouldn't be the first time Evangelicals would break ranks with Trump. Remember Syria?

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Your right, not living here has nothing to do with what Evangelicals think about Trump is correct, but it does have everything to do with knowing what they think. Which clearly, you and the author don’t. But keep up the hope, but don’t take it to hard when it fails.

I would get some new sources of American news though, your being setup for disappointment by your choices for information.

How many people stopped supporting Trump over Syria?
        Oh yeah none. They may have disagreed but last I checked, every Republican and even a few Dems supported him in the House Impeachment. Thinking adults can disagree on certain things and still support someone.

Comment

The ignorance on display here is astonishing. Every insane thing the Dems are doing just solidifies Trump's support and solidifies the Dem's base. The pure definition of preaching to the choir. As such, it is a huge waste of money and time for everyone. The danger for the Dems is that it just motivates the Republicans and Independents to come out and vote against insanity.

​​​
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
            The ignorance on display here is astonishing. Every insane thing the Dems are doing just solidifies Trump's support and solidifies the Dem's base. The pure definition of preaching to the choir. As such, it is a huge waste of money and time for everyone. The danger for the Dems is that it just motivates the Republicans and Independents to come out and vote against insanity.

​​​
            We seem to have arrived at peak partisanship in as much as every single thing the other side does is evil and kills a few baby seals. Also people on the other side are ugly, stupid and should be put in jail.

Either we are facing single party control, permanent political deadlock, or the emergence of a third party. I'd regretfully bet on the first currently, but hope for the last.

Comment

Why does anyone think that Trump is a Christian/Evangelical? Do any of his actions support that? None that I see. I see that he seems to be less of any other Democrat evil as far as rights/abortion, but he still has helped sell your rights even more.

Ben Carson most likely would have been the Evangelicals vote, but people don't want to waste their vote letting in another Clinton or Obama, because they are voting along side the lukewarm conservatives, along the "Christians" that say but do not do, alongside all the other votes against the democrat party and their overall "evil" to this country.

And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

BTW if something gets flagged as spam after an edit, you can see your unapproved post. Just copy, delete the unapproved post, and post again.

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post

And the outcome is extremely simple. If Republican senators vote according to the party line to protect one of their own and not to protect the Constitution, then the United States will be nothing else than a kingdom, where its king can do whatever he wishes to do...

“If a charade is made of the impeachment trial process, it will indicate that the power of the presidency is above the law for generations to come.”

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...roundup-087502
                  huhhhhh A kingdom, yeah that CANT HAPPEN in the in the USA, FDR tried that and was going well till death got him, and then very promptly the rest of the country took what was a self imposed 2 term limit based on George's example, to adding it to the list of amendments to the constitution.

So its ok for the D's to vote on party lines in the house to pass something you agree with, but its not ok for the same to happen in senate because you dont like it??? Partisan much?? This is what happened with Slick Willie when the senate voted along party lines to "protect their own" but I am sure you were/are just fine with that though. how far off am I here?

Originally posted by phillipj
                  I would have liked to have seen ~30 articles of Impeachment, of which Trump is guilty on every single one, making your point above even stronger.

Democrats didn't go hard enough in the paint. They went for expediency. People do have Impeachment fatigue though, so I get that.
                  Yes 30 articles with much more proof and no twisting of rules and blatant changes to procedure to get them accepted into the process, and I would be right there with you. But thats not the case now is it, by the metrics used to get the 2 articles the house has been able to produce EVERY US president since and to include Lincoln would have been impeached, and in all reality even George Washington him self could have been impeached.

You know this as well as I do, as does everyone else, this all just a party line, sore loser attempt to unseat a duly elected POTUS, and fulfillment of campaign promises to blue congressional districts around the nation so those up for reelection this cycle will get to keep their seats for 2 more years .

How in the hell was this abortion of procedures to get 2 articles anything close to expedient in your mind?????

Originally posted by kronos
                  Removal needs 2/3 of the senate. Impeachment stands alone. Nothing was wasted.
                  Your 100% correct and it stands as a massive embarrassment to the republic as a whole and shining example of what the politics of division breeds.

This is the best thing I have seen come from this whole fiasco and its from a D running for president. Go Tulsi (Bold added by me for emphasis)
                  Originally posted by Tulsi Gabbard
                  After doing my due diligence in reviewing the 658-page impeachment report, I came to the conclusion that I could not in good conscience vote either yes or no... I could not in good conscience vote against impeachment because I believe President Trump is guilty of wrongdoing. I also could not in good conscience vote for impeachment because removal of a sitting President must not be the culmination of a partisan process, fueled by tribal animosities that have so gravely divided our country.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

We seem to have arrived at peak partisanship in as much as every single thing the other side does is evil and kills a few baby seals. Also people on the other side are ugly, stupid and should be put in jail.

Either we are facing single party control, permanent political deadlock, or the emergence of a third party. I'd regretfully bet on the first currently, but hope for the last.
                    This guy. This guy gets it.
                    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post

Removal needs 2/3 of the senate. Impeachment stands alone. Nothing was wasted.
                      He technically hasn't even been impeached because the articles of impeachment haven't been presented to the Senate.

Bill Clinton was impeached.............what happened? Oh yeah, he remained president. Just like Trump will.

So what was gained?
                      Last edited by z31maniac; 12-20-2019, 02:05 PM.
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Remember folks: Read everything through the "election year" lens.

Comment

I don't understand.

Do these politicians fight who is quicker to transfer hundreds of billions of dollars from American taxpayers to corrupt Ukraine in order to support democracy?

At the same time, these politicians never democratically ask Americans if they want 25% tariffs on German cars and 50% tariffs on Chinese auto parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
                            I don't understand.

Do these politicians fight who is quicker to transfer hundreds of billions of dollars from American taxpayers to corrupt Ukraine in order to support democracy?

At the same time, these politicians never democratically ask Americans if they want 25% tariffs on German cars and 50% tariffs on Chinese auto parts.
                            I don't think you understand the system.

People vote for pre-selected candidates who take office and then make choices for their constituents based on a variety of reasons. If the constituents don't like said choices they can choose to vote for another candidate at the end of the term.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
                              I don't understand.

I'm with you on this. Basically you are pointing out that our President's and our government's actions do not reflect the obvious will of the people. If it did, would we still be at war in Iraq in Afghanistan? Would we be sending a wealthy nation with a huge military like Israel over $3 Billion dollars a year? Would we be arming the Saudis to the teeth and still funding their dirty war in Yemen? Would we be in this disaster trade war? Would we have a former Coal Lobbyist heading our Environmental Protection Agency? What a joke. Would we have a former Defense Contractor Lobbyist running our Defense Department? You could go on and on...

Does anyone here know last week Republicans and Democrats voted to increase our Defense Budget to an insane $740 BILLION dollars and create a new branch of the military? We already had the highest Military spending a zillion times over. With just the increase the President wanted and our government gave him we could've had healthcare for all here. It's insane.

How do we get a truer 'Democracy'? We need to get big money the hell out of our politics. I actually like seeing and hearing all of our differences here, or out and about when I meet people. It makes it real and interesting. What I can't stand is being force fed the will of special interests, that are bankrupting this country, and that do not nearly reflect the will or the wants of the majority of us regular people who are out here scrapping just to get by.
                              Last edited by phillipj; 12-23-2019, 01:24 PM.
                              1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
                                What I can't stand is being force fed the will of special interests that are bankrupting this country, and that do not nearly reflect the will or the wants of the majority of us regular people.
                                Well said.

Comment

Working...
                                X