Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillipj View Post

Take it for what it is worth, but, in my opinion, the main point went completely over your head.

Of course all of us should self-reflect and take responsibility for ourselves, our actions, what we do. None of this was ever about that. This is about acknowledging some very damaging, cascading effects of brutal racism and discrimination in the very troubled history of this country and also about calling out existing, current discrimination when it happens, not just ignoring it like it doesn't exist. Because if we don't acknowledge it nothing changes. No one is saying you personally are to blame or asking you to do much about it besides maybe... be a better neighbor to everyone, or have more personal or historical awareness, or maybe demand in whatever way we can a better, fairer community, so that our surroundings become just a little bit more livable.
    I'm getting tired of you and others always claiming the moral high ground and acting like this is all way over our heads. I've studied, thought about, and acknowledged the lasting effects of racism in this country just as much as you have, I promise. I guess what's got me trigGerEd is that all over social media white people are in fact blamed for the woes of black people, as if we're all guilty of something or we're simply not doing enough. It's like nothing is ever enough, we are downright vilified. Yet apparently we're not allowed to call out any self-sabotaging behaviors in the black community, my number one being higher rates of children born to single mothers, along with other cultural things like music that glorifies drugs, fucking, materialism, etc, and higher rates of violent crime. I more or less support the message of blm, yet anytime I see news reports like this on the front page of yahoo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-6cQVb37-k... I mean, seriously. The black community needs to do their part to help this country out, too. I don't know what's so outrageous about saying that, especially when all I'm really doing is echoing Obama and other black leaders. I just want to be done this discussion so I can laugh at how idiotic Trump and his supporters are..
    Last edited by E30 Wagen; 08-01-2020, 02:00 PM.
    My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post

I'm getting tired of you and others always claiming the moral high ground and acting like this is all way over our heads. I've studied, thought about, and acknowledged the lasting effects of racism in this country just as much as you have, I promise. I guess what's got me trigGerEd is that all over social media white people are in fact blamed for the woes of black people, as if we're all guilty of something or we're simply not doing enough. It's like nothing is ever enough, we are downright vilified. Yet apparently we're not allowed to call out any self-sabotaging behaviors in the black community, my number one being higher rates of children born to single mothers, along with other cultural things like music that glorifies drugs, fucking, materialism, etc, and higher rates of violent crime. I more or less support the message of blm, yet anytime I see news reports like this on the front page of yahoo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-6cQVb37-k&t=53s... I mean, seriously. The black community needs to do their part to help this country out, too. I don't know what's so outrageous about saying that, especially when all I'm really doing is echoing Obama and other black leaders. I just want to be done this discussion so I can laugh at how idiotic Trump and his supporters are..
      Just for understanding, I really am not trying to claim any 'moral high-ground' just to make a public point, I was just describing what this is primarily about in my opinion: acknowledging the cascading effects of racism & discrimination and aiming to vanquish that where it still exists now. But no one is condoning all the morons and destructive behavior, etc., which is awful.

I'm no expert on the black community, or any community. But I do think some of the sad state of affairs with fatherless homes, higher rates of children born to single mothers, poverty/lack of wealth, high incarceration rates, poorer job prospects, gangs, drug abuse, you were using the term "junk values" has at least a bread crumb trail back to the awful history of racism, discrimination, slavery and brutality in this country's history. We could examine the state of affairs for Native Americans in a similar way if we wanted to. Does that mean people are not responsible for their actions at the end of the day? No, they definitely are. But these are puzzle pieces to a super sad problem we're having here.

Also, I think it is weird you feel so blamed or personally "vilified" and you are triggered due to all these things. Is 'Social media' the main source of making you feel that way? F social media in my opinion. That's another topic we never got into here, but I can't stand the phenomenon of people 'posting' about something and patting themselves on the back like they really did something. Sure social media helps with awareness? but it's all about the physical actions you take in your life and how you carry yourself day to day in your community.

I hope you have a good weekend! I'm checking out for a few days.

1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by CarpHunter View Post

Need to calm your shit there burgs, don't get so triggered. If you actually read my post, you would see at no point did i call you a racist. I was simply pointing out that your very words are what lead people to get that impression. And that instead of debating weather or not you are one, try asking why your words come across that way. Again, never called you a racist, stop putting words in my mouth. You have no right to tell me what i think or feel. If you wanna know that stuff, simply read, or ask and I'll tell you. I even stated in the fucking post that i wasn't attacking you. Calm down and read.

And you never did answer my question. I'm not saying that your belief in black culture leading to the current state of things is wrong. I'm also not saying you don't care about the black community. I'm asking if it's safe to say that your own culture of Arab Muslim leads to terrorism? Or conservative culture leading to becoming a mass shooter? Both cultures glorify violence and power after all. Same with all cultures. What color is the hero in every action movie, what color are the bad guys? Depends on the culture doesn't it? That's a natural product of each culture myth building. Not something that's a lone signature of black culture. Maybe if america would treat blacks as americans instead of a separate culture, they wouldn't have need to create said separate culture? After all, the entire civil rights, and for the most part blm protests have been about that very thing. Treating minorities like full americans. What would black culture look like if america funded schools equally nation wide? What would black culture look like if america showed them more black role models than the athlete, the rapper, and the dealer? What would black culture look like if it was equally policed? Would it still be black culture, or just american culture at that point? I think where your issue falls with systemic racism, is the word systemic. That's just the word of the day. The true words your looking for are "institutionalized racism". But that's fucking hard to write, so they shortened it. Examples would be segregation, jim crow laws, red lining, ect.. basically codified racial preference. It's also been baked into Christian and catholic religions. It's a real thing. But just because those laws, or policies are gone, doesn't mean the damage, or racial preferences are gone. School funding and housing are two excellent examples to look into.

As to you not understanding the asshole analogy, give it more thought. When you die, does it matter what you thought of yourself? Or does the impression you leave on others matter?
        Maybe there was a misunderstanding here.

I know you didn't call me one, but you did imply it with your analogy. Calling someone a racist or implying it is super offensive and you did imply it. Sorry, maybe you don't understand what you're saying.

I've been labeled that here a bunch, so that is directed at whomever thinks that or has said it.

You're comment of being Muslim leads to being a terrorist is super ignorant.

And I'm not even going to respond to the mass shooter connection you made, because that's absolutely ridiculous.

You're comment that middle eastern people and conservatives glorify violence is actually super insulting as I consider my self to be a conservative and I'm middle eastern.

There are radicals on all sides, but they don't represent everyone. Jesus.

I literally cannot read that block of text anymore lol

And the fact that no one jumped on this guy for claiming middle eastern people glorify violence is interesting, as me mentioning my opinions on black communities draws much scrutiny.

Well, to your asshole analogy, still stand behind what I said, trust me. I understand your analogy. It's not that deep.

Imagine living your whole life catering what you say to make sure people who think differently than you don't think you're an asshole... Those are weak people who have no principle.

I don't spout off random shit. I read all forms of information from sources that I don't even like, so I can have a comprehensive understanding from all side and then form my position after that.

Why would I change that to "please the room"

People pleasers are fake as fuck

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Yeah, people who suggest that individuals ought to self reflect and take responsibility for themselves and their families aren't helping anybody.
          you are being sarcastic while also being correct.

if you think the gangsta-rap culture that's been monetized by the music industry represents every black person out there, you're being a little racist.

also, who the fuck appointed you the arbiter of morality? i don't remember voting on that.
          past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:
          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            Also, does Trump have any idea how the internet works?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/31/trum...-saturday.html

How exactly is he going to do that? Send his DHS/ICE goon squads to delete it off people's phones? Emulate the Chinese censorship/firewall? What was that about Trump not acting like a fascist?

I don't use this app, and actually I share the skepticism of Chinese tech companies and the potential for security issues. But this is hilariously stupid. And probably just political revenge for Trump's sad, low turnout in Tulsa where millions of TikTok users punked his ass. Talk about petty.

I wonder where all the supposed libertarians are who think the government should stay the hell out of people's business. Oh wait, they're actually just a bunch of bootlickers who look the other way when it actually happens, instead of their fantasies of Obama coming to take all their Gunz!!!!1, and force them to wear masks so they won't die and kill the rest of us too.

​​​​
            short answer from an internet infrastructure engineer: he can't. antifa has been using signal for activities the government *really* doesn't like for years, and it hasn't been banned. he's bloviating again, this is a toothless threat.
            past:
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
              if you think the gangsta-rap culture that's been monetized by the music industry represents every black person out there...
              Uh, of course I don't-

...you're being a little racist.
              Woke culture in a nutshell. The message of that comic isn't lost on me, but there's a subtle implication that any criticism of black culture is vile racism. It's polarizing and dismissive, good job reinforcing that. And the way you imply that the gangsta-rap culture is relieved of blame by "the music industry" is ridiculous and just goes to show how impossible it is to make you even consider my point of view.

also, who the fuck appointed you the arbiter of morality? i don't remember voting on that.
              There was no vote. I'm Jesus and I'm here to save you from yourself.
              My Feedback

Comment

There was no vote. I'm Jesus and I'm here to save you from yourself.
                Praise Jeebus, dictator.

Comment

there's a subtle implication that any criticism of black culture is vile racism.
                  subtle? goddamn dude we already have the knob at 11

black people don't need you to tell them how to live their lives. shut the fuck up
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

look what happened to the show "cops"

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Maybe there was a misunderstanding here.

Yeah, again you don't read.

I know you didn't call me one, but you did imply it with your analogy. Calling someone a racist or implying it is super offensive and you did imply it. Sorry, maybe you don't understand what you're saying.

Why is being called a racist anymore or less offensive than the original statement, which lead to being called racist? If you don't want to be called racist, don't say stuff that people think is racist. That's on you. I didn't imply anything. You cried because people called you racist. I simply pointed out that it was your own words that gave those people that impression. And AGAIN you're trying to tell me what I think. I know exactly what I wrote, and the intention behind it.

I've been labeled that here a bunch, so that is directed at whomever thinks that or has said it.

Again, because of your own words. There's no other info to go off of.

You're comment of being Muslim leads to being a terrorist is super ignorant.

I didn't make any statement, you did. I'm simply applying it to your culture. And specifically asked if it was fair to do so. But again, you didn't read. Why is it "ignorant" to say that about your culture, but not black culture?

And I'm not even going to respond to the mass shooter connection you made, because that's absolutely ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous? Statistically mass shooters are right wing, usually republican and conservative. Again, just applying your statement to a group you belong to.

You're comment that middle eastern people and conservatives glorify violence is actually super insulting as I consider my self to be a conservative and I'm middle eastern.

How do you think a black person would take your statements about them glorifying violence? Probly feels the same way. There's just far more historical facts to support my application of your statement. Your side simply carries it out in the name of God. Or do the words "great crusades" or "jihad" mean nothing to you? It's also the same excuse conservatives used to try and censor all video games and movies after Columbine. It's a tired trope.

There are radicals on all sides, but they don't represent everyone. Jesus.

Yes there are. But you only apply blanket judgement to blacks, not yourself. Saying black culture is too blame is applying blanket judgement to an entire race for the actions of a few, while also ignoring all outside influencing factors. And you wonder why people called you racist.

I literally cannot read that block of text anymore lol

Try not being so lazy.

And the fact that no one jumped on this guy for claiming middle eastern people glorify violence is interesting, as me mentioning my opinions on black communities draws much scrutiny.

Maybe because they actually read what I wrote. Something you have a pattern or not doing. I asked if it was fair to apply for own statement, and gave examples. You didn't answer the question because you didn't fucking read. And instead are trying to play the victim, something you also have a pattern of doing.

Well, to your asshole analogy, still stand behind what I said, trust me. I understand your analogy. It's not that deep.

Obviously deep enough to go easy over your head. I'm telling you point blank, you don't get it.

Imagine living your whole life catering what you say to make sure people who think differently than you don't think you're an asshole... Those are weak people who have no principle.

It's not about catering to others. Again you obviously don't understand.

I don't spout off random shit. I read all forms of information from sources that I don't even like, so I can have a comprehensive understanding from all side and then form my position after that.

Are we supposed to take this statement seriously? You literally copy paste right wing talking points.

Why would I change that to "please the room"

Not what it's about.

People pleasers are fake as fuck

It's not about being a people pleaser either, so far your 0 for 6.

I'll make this a little simpler for you. If you boss fires you because they and your coworkers think your racist, based purely of what you say. Does it matter if you don't think you are?

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

subtle? goddamn dude we already have the knob at 11

black people don't need you to tell them how to live their lives.
                        after thinking about it I can see the error of my ways. who am i to lecture anyone much less an entire culture

shut the fuck up
                        but if you can't be civil then alrighty then...
                        My Feedback

Comment

again, you're trying to be sarcastic, but you're correct

but if you can't be civil then alrighty then...
                          the people your country trains to be warfighters develop a tendency towards profanity. sorry, not fucking sorry, grow some thicker skin, snowflake
                          Last edited by decay; 08-03-2020, 08:49 AM.
                          past:
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:

Comment

Yet apparently we're not allowed to call out any self-sabotaging behaviors in the black community...
                            You should spend less time "calling it out" and more time questioning why it is. Congrats, you can recite statistics, gold star for you.

"why don't kids who were raised by single parents who were also raised by single parents in communities which are in tatters and underfunded schools have better values, that's so self-sabotaging" - Ignorant person who confuses themselves as informed.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post

You should spend less time "calling it out" and more time questioning why it is. Congrats, you can recite statistics, gold star for you.

"why don't kids who were raised by single parents who were also raised by single parents in communities which are in tatters and underfunded schools have better values, that's so self-sabotaging" - Ignorant person who confuses themselves as informed.
                              Why can't people have opinions on things like this without being shut down by liberal assholes like you, decay and nando? I thoroughly understand that ONLY your opinion is protected by free speech...in your head...but it actually applies to all citizens of this country. Shutting down discussion about topics like this will only serve to ensure the problem persists.

And in fact, the numbers do not lie: All races are susceptible to poverty if you have a kid out of wedlock, don't graduate high school and don't get a full time job (any job) after graduating. https://www.brookings.edu/opinions/t...-middle-class/

Not talking about it or saying that only black people should create solutions to solve their own problems is ridiculous. Statistics do not lie when it comes to this. Are statistics racist? I mean, I know that math is apparently a white thing and all, so is personal responsibility, etc. Is that the basis for not accepting basic facts about life?

Maybe its that the truth hurts. Morality has gone by the wayside and it is not helping any race or class of people. Morals in this society/system are not negotiable. They were spelled out by our founders and those are prerequisites for this country to function. Simple as that.
                              Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                              Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                              Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

No ones saying you can't share your opinions, you're free to display your ignorance. Free speech protects you from government censorship, it doesn't mean I can't say you're an idiot.

So carry on.

Comment

Working...
                                X