This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ak- View Post

Anyone else use this? Life saver for sore fingers lol, especially if you can't have paint stuck on your fingers/nails because of work or whatever.
    Air compressor and hvlp gun :D but damn, how did I not know about this thing before? Ill have one ordered on amazon in 5 mins. That's awesome.
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

I have used the Home Depot, cheapy ones before but, because prior can control experiences ;) gloves and cans do it for me. I'm not opposed to using it though, as the fingers do num up.
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Sup ! Just getting over a 48 hr flu and i am still waiting for a date to get my groin hernia done as well. :(:(:(
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
          I have used the Home Depot, cheapy ones before but, because prior can control experiences ;) gloves and cans do it for me. I'm not opposed to using it though, as the fingers do num up.
          Hmmm....

Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Where is this ? ^^
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

google images I think its in Europe
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Hmmm....

Haha, that's dope.
                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Judging by Eds IG you guys had a fun drive yesterday? Did anyone get their car impounded?
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Hey guys & gals,

It's been a pretty rough week and half for me after the hit/loss of my beloved E30 of 6 years, but after yesterday morning, it seems that for every bad story, there's a good one right around the corner.

Last Thursday night, as I simultaneously 'refreshed' the Safari page on an open page of my iPhone on SF Bay Area Craigslist, another R3V member (Marvin) also saw that another Diamantschwarz 1991 318i (seemingly like mine) had just been listed. I immediately called/texted/emailed the owner. A couple hours later, he gave me a call back, we chopped it up, and set a plan for me to come and check it out on Saturday morning. But of course, there was a no way my concussed and dazed ass was going to be able to get up to Marin County in time from Los Angeles.

The same night, I called up the first two buddies in SF that I knew were nearby and might be able to help me out. Anthony (datlugo) and another high school buddy of mine who's into Audi's promptly volunteered to go and check it out for me. So plans were made, many phone calls were made, and money was sent.

Saturday morning, Anthony and Jake drove up to Marin, inspected, drove, and negotiated on my behalf. The result? This. Another Diamantschwarz/Natur 1991 318i with a literally identical build sheet. What's even crazier is that it was also bought new at Weatherford BMW in Berkeley, CA and the first owner ALSO lived in my small and random hometown of Alameda, CA. What are the odds.

It will need a deep clean, some bodywork & pieces, a proper paint job, and a full transplant of my interior/brakes/wheels/suspension/etc but I'm still in shocked at what I (once again) have before me.

Summary: I was devastated when my E30 of 6 years was destroyed by some other peoples' carelessness last week. But what truly learned from the my loss was that the car would have meant nothing to me if it wasn't for all of the great friends that I made through it. It was a few of those same friends were the same ones who helped me get this new shell so that it's spirit could live on.

So cheers to the simply awesome community that exists because of these cars. I've still got myself a big ass project on my hands, and will probably be an annoying argument with insurance to get the true value of my old car, but hey, I'm alive, and this new shell is going to build into something even greater than the last.

-Sina

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

thats great news Sina! .... hook me up with some parts from the parts car
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        thats great news Sina! .... hook me up with some parts from the parts car
                        hehe.

plan is to move as much as possible from old car -> new car.

then will likely gut the same items out of the new car -> part out thread :)

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I need 2 #5s to go please
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Any of you lads know where on the west side I can get a steel key cut? Been turned down by a few locksmiths because it will "break their machines."

Comment

I didn't want to gamble with someone cutting an original lighted key so I ordered mine already cut. Less drama that way. Keep calling around until you find someone who will cut it. Though, most places won't want to deal with it and assume zero liability if they ruin your key.
                              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I woulda ordered pre-cut if I knew it was such a hassle to get it done locally. I'm down to my last spare key so hopefully I'll find a place soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X