PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
    $400 to $800 depending on how it looks in person. Branded title means it's destined to be a track or parts car.
    Says who? That's not always the case Adam. What if say, you had a convertible and some thieves tried to break into it by slashing your top. Insurance would rather total out your car rather than pay for it to get re upholstered even though its mechanically sound. :P

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
      Alright r3v peeps, going to check out a '91 318i in a bit.

Stats:
      207k miles
      steel wheels w/new tires
      4dr 5 speed, color is DiamondShart
      Theft recovery, branded title
      Pass. fender crunched in, looks like an easy replacement.
      Clearcoat has issues

Overall it's a fairly clean car, the interior is good except for the driver's seat. Title issues suck but if they have all the paperwork for it I think it should be ok. What would you guys pay for such a car?
      Idk man. I bought mine from the original owner with 118k on the clock and a clean title for $1950 and all it needed immediately was a battery. I'd say $1000 max depending on other factors. edit: you bought it! lol

Comment

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
        Says who? That's not always the case Adam. What if say, you had a convertible and some thieves tried to break into it by slashing your top. Insurance would rather total out your car rather than pay for it to get re upholstered even though its mechanically sound. :P
        If you want to over pay for a branded title car, that's all you homie.

Comment

ION:

Someone buy my iron beast!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

i wont pay much either for a branded title one most insurance companies wont insure one two they are worth shit if something does happen to them after you have done all upgrades and three you just never know how fucked up the repair was/is not worth the risk in my opinion to overpay for a car that is essential worthless(no disrepect to e30s intended)
            Originally posted by bmwm42
            PNW vulture pm me for parts
            Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Word.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

hey is there anyone local to burien/seattle that has a late model that i can borrow a few parts from for like 30 minutes. im trying to trouble shoot why my car won't start. i want to try a AFM and crank sensor.

i can smell fuel and now that the car is covered with frost it won't start at all compared to a few days ago when it was warmer and it would start and run for a little while.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

^Check the inside of your distributor cap for moisture.

Comment

good idea, i will go slip it off and take a peak. its just funny since the car has been starting when its cold then stalling and not restarting after about 4 minutes of running.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                    That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                      If you want to over pay for a branded title car, that's all you homie.
                      Well I would be smart enough to know what I would getting myself into. I would gladly pay for a branded title e30 if the reason was stupid. Plus to the right crowd they are still worth their true value. And! If you were just planning on keeping it, who the fuck cares! 8)

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Does anyone know what the original tire would be for an 89 325is? I have a spare in my trunk that gives me a hunch that it very well could be original rubber.
                        Originally posted by Sonny
                        I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
                          Well I would be smart enough to know what I would getting myself into. I would gladly pay for a branded title e30 if the reason was stupid. Plus to the right crowd they are still worth their true value. And! If you were just planning on keeping it, who the fuck cares! 8)
                          Word.

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                          Does anyone know what the original tire would be for an 89 325is? I have a spare in my trunk that gives me a hunch that it very well could be original rubber.
                          195/65/14

Comment

I think he means brand/model of tire - not size. I want to say like a p600 pirelli was standard fair back-in-the-day. Ask in the general tech forum. I bet someone knows. (car and driver? Road and track? The old articles might have it listed - but I bet they didn't use just one brand of tire)
                            Originally posted by Matt-B
                            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

i think he means brand
                              Originally posted by bmwm42
                              PNW vulture pm me for parts
                              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Duhrr, yeah. Sorry. Just checked my spare, Goodyear Invicta date code looks like '00, definitely not original. Check the date code.

Comment

Working...
                                X