No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm sort of want those wheels. Whereabouts in Oregon are you? Are they fully disassembled or what?
    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
      Can we hook it up to my vert?
      We could.

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
        Hmm sort of want those wheels. Whereabouts in Oregon are you? Are they fully disassembled or what?
        Live in Eugene, frequent Portland as that's where my family is. Only one shown in that picture is disassembled. They need refinishing.

Comment

Where are the pictures Croak? Am I blind? I don't see them in the last few pages..
          clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
            Where are the pictures Croak? Am I blind? I don't see them in the last few pages..
            Look here meow

Comment

[ATTACH]60975[/ATTACH]
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                Oh I wasn't offended. But that's interesting as any tcase I've used has always been locking. I was unaware
                Whew! It's hard to pick up on inflection on the interwebs! :D

A good majority are locking, but even still unless you're turning rings around a drivethru the speed change front and rear is going to be much less of an issue than speed changes side to side.
                84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                Manual swap all the things!

Comment

What tools would i need to swap out my front springs? besides a spring compressor and MM wrenches of course, some tutorials say a torque wrench is needed for the nut on top of the shock, can someone confirm this for me?
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                    What tools would i need to swap out my front springs? besides a spring compressor and MM wrenches of course, some tutorials say a torque wrench is needed for the nut on top of the shock, can someone confirm this for me?
                    I'm about to do a suspension overhaul in the coming week, I have never done suspension related stuff. A lot of info on the web and Ive been reading it all. You'll probably want a torque wrench to torque to spec. I got one last Christmas and have been aching to find a use for it haha

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Originally posted by ClausE30 View Post
                      I'm about to do a suspension overhaul in the coming week, I have never done suspension related stuff. A lot of info on the web and Ive been reading it all. You'll probably want a torque wrench to torque to spec. I got one last Christmas and have been aching to find a use for it haha
                      Thats means ill have to rent from stupid aurora rents. aka a POS tool that doesn't work but they charge you 80$ anyway... Maybe ill borrow my military neighbors, hes always using it during the week. Wish there were not so many speed bumps, or the springs would have never came out...
                      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                        Thats means ill have to rent from stupid aurora rents. aka a POS tool that doesn't work but they charge you 80$ anyway... Maybe ill borrow my military neighbors, hes always using it during the week. Wish there were not so many speed bumps, or the springs would have never came out...
                        Go to autozone or oreillys and they will let you rent out tools. You put a deposit down and they give that back when you return the tool

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

My father might have a torque wrench, but yea I rent the stuff I can from AutoZone. I shouldn't need an impact wrench right? My father was arguing that I would.
                          willschnitz

Comment

Impact wrenches are nice, but not necessarily required.

Comment

You will need one to get that top nut on the strut loose.
                              -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
                                You will need one to get that top nut on the strut loose.
                                This is where I don't believe so, I managed to do my friends miata coils without it.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X