PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30Rooster View Post
    Anyone have a good microphone with a foam cover I want to capture the sound of my exhaust this weekend!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
    Put it to the side of the sound or place a piece of cloth over the microphone, works decently well.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Ill have to try that, the last video I took makes it sound extremely raspy and it's only raspy till it warms up.

sigpic

Comment

As my current e21's hit the road a new one should be coming home. If all things goes as planned, this 320is will be coming home.

Comment

theres a red 323i near my work that hasnt moved in a while. has some nice wheels too, alpinas me thinks
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Where's this? Can you see it on street view?

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
              As my current e21's hit the road a new one should be coming home. If all things goes as planned, this 320is will be coming home.

You convinced John to sell it to you?
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I think so. I had to beg. And people are people, he could change his mind. It'll be a couple weeks before I have all the money together to buy it.

Have you seen this car in person?

Comment

Originally posted by e30Rooster View Post
                  Ill have to try that, the last video I took makes it sound extremely raspy and it's only raspy till it warms up.

My exhaust has the same deal, when the car is cold it sounds pretty bad, needs to warm up to sound good.
                  willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                    Where's this? Can you see it on street view?
                    just tried it, didnt see it. the street view in this area is from july 2011 so not so current. it has OR plates on it too
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

bored after work so I figured I would dig into the parts that are waiting for me to finish building the 24v motor. Im glad Keith labeled some of the wires, less work for me to do later. Looks pretty straight forward. Should be getting my new C101 and new pins this week, then the real fun begins :)
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Hey guys, so i used chevron gas last tank, got a new tank today from arco.. since im low on funds... But for some reason my car seems to be running much better. I thought arco gas quality was cheap. Also it was 92 octane??? maybe that has something to do with it.. last time it was 91. But my car bogged out in second every once when a while once i stepped on it.. Now with the arco gas, so far so good! so im happy!
                        sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                        1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
                        1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                        1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
                        (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
                        1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                        2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
                        2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Some gas is better then others, I agree it's weird, with the vert I usually got 76 gas in 87 octane, went to arco cause it was cheaper and car just felt better after... I don't get it
                          willschnitz

Comment

Just filled up with Arco and car is running great too. There also can be bad batches of gas too.

Comment

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

JM's car. Too bad he didn't finish it.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X