No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dirty......what are you doin this afternoon? might wanna pick the lights off the white car and give you moneys for the bumper and valence
    1985 318i Sedan POS. Cosmo Bleu {R.I.P}

Comment

Originally posted by Anjreu View Post
      Find me a driveshaft
      Portland Driveline

Comment

Im seriously losing my mind with this 24v build.... really starting to regret not just forking over the money on a good 885 head and just being done with it. Ive got way too much money tied into it now and its back to square one...
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
          Im seriously losing my mind with this 24v build.... really starting to regret not just forking over the money on a good 885 head and just being done with it. Ive got way too much money tied into it now and its back to square one...
          What the hell happened?
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

not exactly sure yet. only thing Im sure of is that the engine is coming back out AGAIN and going BACK to the machine shop. could have bent valves in the head. they are suspecting that the piston/ valve clearance was too small with the new pistons. fucked up thing is I didnt ask for any fancy piston, just the next overbore size. the worst part is that theres a good chance that this will all be my own fault even though I have done the least amount of work on the engine
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

From what I understand from my machinist the valve design on 24v's they're common to bend slightly.

Comment

Eek. This makes me rethink stroking my S50 this winter. Planned on using the stock bore 11.5:1 JE pistons and S52 crank. Maybe not now...

Comment

Not sure, but when he had it idling and did a compression test they were all over 200psi. Friday when he noticed an oil leak and they did another test the highest one was 150psi and many were under 100psi
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

What pistons did you use? Sounds like a deck clearance issue.

Comment

TMS supplied Wiseco Pistons. They initially sent me S52 pistons, sent them back and told them I needed M52 pistons and first I was told 6 weeks, but then they showed up to the machine shop 2 weeks later. The Machine Shop was skeptical that they were the right ones, but I called TMS and they told me they were the right ones. Im just pissed because Ive spent a good amount of money to make sure this motor is built right and after thousands of dollars, its basically back to square one. Im heading into month 7 of this engine build
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                        Glad you found us and this thread! Greg's car is legendary, I'm for sure going to miss it!

FYI We rolled the fenders on that car.
                        I know but they weren't rolled flat. So it definitely needs more. The car is solid besides the driver fender. It looks like it had been cut short and resprayed. Took me a couple days of owning it to even notice. Ill be replacing it with an oem fender and having the whole car sprayed eventually. Let me know if anyone in the pnw is really good at a roll and pull. They are 17x10 in the rear et20

Comment

Are you sure the machien shop aint dumb and didnt deck your head too much...?

Pistons arent designed to ruin motors, they are designed for engines in spec

Comment

m30 ftw

Comment

I smell a machine shop fuck up.

Comment

Any good machine shop should of clayed the head if they are using anything but stock pistons. Could of just got a good low mileage iron block m52 for $300 and been done.

Comment

Working...
                                X