No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you get shorty headers, or did you cut the long tubes/cut the midpipe?
    -Peter
    '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
    '91 318is slicktop project
    '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
    '00 Tundra

Comment

Had the midsection modified. Left the headers as they were.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
        Supersprint headers, OBD2 midsection with cats into a UUC System U box. True duals. One of the best sounding 24v exhausts I've heard. Not too loud, not quiet and with factory resonators, not too drony.
        This is all really helpful. I need to figure out what to run on the S52, and haven't been sure what to do. Sounds like you have one of the better setups, Austin.
        sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Nice. I picked up some obd2 manifolds, so I think I'll just use those for now with the rest of the e36 exhaust. I like how modular the e36 exhaust is.

Engine isn't even in yet, and I'm out here pondering exhaust, haha. Gotta be ready I guess...
          -Peter
          '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
          '00 Tundra

Comment

UUC System U is a fair bit raspy though, be warned, if you want less rasp and more rumble a Stromung/Remus/AA would be closer to what you want.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

MMMMMMMM
              -Peter
              '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
              '00 Tundra

Comment

I have zero rasp complaints about my system u at all. It can be really loud at high rpms, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Comment

Yeah, isn't that the point?
                  -Peter
                  '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                  '00 Tundra

Comment

Any UUC product is going to be louder than most, but the sound is amazing. I do like Stromung and Remus, but they're just too quiet for my tastes.

Comment

Comment

Anybody have a local-ish contact that does Clear Bra/vinyl wrap installs?
                        '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                          Anybody have a local-ish contact that does Clear Bra/vinyl wrap installs?

Comment

Metal Magic is pretty good as well.

Comment

I just plugged my vin into bmwvin.com and it says that my car's production date is my birthday. Same year, same month, same day. Weird.
                              84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                              Manual swap all the things!

Comment

PNW Chit Chat thread

I need to be easier on my car.

Got under it today to fix a broken driveline bolt, ended up finding 2 broken bolts, the tranny cross member had backed out so far the tranny was being held up by a hair and to top it off I some how managed to break one of the ears off the tranny where it mounts to the bushings.

This is why I have 3 extra g260's and a parts car at all times.
                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X