PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
    I've never actually bottomed the struts out, I'm not that low. The reason I'm going with the bc's is because i want stiffer rates so I would need new gc's, I need struts, shock mounts, and camber plates. Along with all new bushings, control arms and brakes through out the car. I'd rather skimp a little on the coils over the control arms bushings and brakes. I only have so much money. As it stands I'm spending almost 3000 to refresh my suspension on a 900$ car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You don't need new gc's for stiffer springs...why not just find some used springs for the GCs in the rates you want and drop some koni yellows in them?

Comment

I still need camber plates and and shock mounts wich would run me 500 then struts and new springs I'm looking at another 800. I'm getting the bc's already welded to hubs from another member here for 700. Id like to go the "proper" route but at this time it's not in the budget.

Comment

Matt, those look hella good!!!
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
          Oh Hi, these guys showed up today.
          Those look good. How are the cylinders paired?
          84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
          Manual swap all the things!

Comment

^ I'm not following?

Comment

Looks like 1-3 and 4-6 have the same collector
              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
              Originally posted by roguetoaster
              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Pretty much, its a two piece header.

Comment

^ I'm not following?
                  I was looking at it on my phone. Looked like it might have had the opposing cylinders paired; (1&6, 2&5, 3&4). Nice header either way!
                  84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                  Manual swap all the things!

Comment

^ I'm not following?
                    Looks nice! Where you pick it up at?

Comment

it was from that bavauto header groupbuy

should have gotten one for myself :-/

Comment

^ Yup this is actually my second header from them. I sold the first one because I was planning on going 24v but, since I've reverting back to just building an M20. Solid product, can't wait to get them ceramic coated and installed. I got them with the mid pipe as well so , no cat. Now I just need to buy my Remus Cat back and my exhaust is finished.

Comment

Pretty sure I'm going to order Lemforder control arms, tie rods, etc. for my suspension refresh. Does anybody have any experience with the Meyle HD line? It's a little cheaper but I want whatever is going to last the longest.

Comment

Seth - the Lem's seemed to last a bit longer in my previous suspension.
                            Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

you gonna call/txt me today kevin? :p

Comment

Anyone have any experience with bartosh /peters automotive in vancouver here?
                                sigpic
                                Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X