X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

;)

Schwarz 1985 325e

Comment

Wardie, Schnitz, Austin, and Corey (I think..) came out and helped me get my transmission back on my engine under the car after having to tear it all apart to switch out a Throw Out Bearing. I'll never forget how quick and willing they were to help. This was years ago but still worth mentioning!

Thumbs up.

Ryan, did you get that PPI done? You should msg me, we're back at work tomorrow and I may be able to run you through the shop.
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Pretty sure I did good supervising, dont remember If i helped or said fuck it cause there was like 5 people under the car lol.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

I remember you laying under the car cause I remember gently grazing your forearm with mine. #goodtimes
          clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
            Dude! homework and appendix > steering rack. While the PS lines on the rack were a PIA, I know somebody with impossibly skinny (yet surprisingly strong) forearms who worked like mad to hook those up.

I hope you feel better man!
            Thanks! I do feel quite a bit better than when I arrived at the ER, but still not that awesome. Have a hell of a sore throat from the anesthesia tubes and still can't really flex my stomach, but that's better than the killer side ache that I had!
            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
            Originally posted by roguetoaster
            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
              i remember you laying under the car cause i remember gently grazing your forearm with mine. #goodtimes
              ;D

Project cars comes out this week!!!!!
              Last edited by Wschnitz; 05-03-2015, 03:38 PM.
              willschnitz

Comment

so now that I work at Uhaul... I discovered the moving pads/blankets we have work perfect as ground tarps/covers when wrenching! they absorb oil good too!

woke up at 0830 today to start working on the 5er, got the rear bilsteins/hrs in and the 3.25 lsd. Cleaned all the parts too, like always :) front suspension I am starting after this break.

alas though... the rear diff bolt was seized and actually snapped when I tried loosening it with brute force. off to the p'n'p in the AM so I can drive by afternoon!

hope everybody's elses projects went smooth this beautiful weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post

hope everybody's elses projects went smooth this beautiful weekend!
                  Got my DIY euro trim done on front, went super smooth, move to back, take bumper off, push one of the clips out to get the back bumper strip off, and it cracks. I didnt even pull on it, just shattered when i pushed the little clip out...

Also about ready to toss these morimotos and put stock back in, replacement bulbs I got back had one cracked base. so much for the QC sticker.
                  willschnitz

Comment

I bought 3 euro clocks and my friend is bringing across the pond at end of month. Cant wait for those! Really going to set off my interior I think...

my brother is begging me to roll his fenders lol

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                      I remember you laying under the car cause I remember gently grazing your forearm with mine. #goodtimes
                      Awww, that's adorable. <3
                      1988 BMW 325iX - Lachssilber/Cardinal - Gone
                      2001 BMW M5 - Anthracite/Black Heritage
                      1999 Toyota 4Runner - White/Oak

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
                        I'll have to give him a try. Although, I had my car at Munich Motorworks when I couldn't solve my emissions failure and I was very happy with their service.
                        These guys are super nice, they inspected the e46 I was looking at for FREE and they only had good things to say, so I picked it up yesterday :)

Comment

Driving through the land of ports on the way to the Redwoods.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                            Driving through the land of ports on the way to the Redwoods.
                            Come say hi?
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                              Also about ready to toss these morimotos and put stock back in, replacement bulbs I got back had one cracked base. so much for the QC sticker.
                              That's damn frustrating!
                              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                              Originally posted by roguetoaster
                              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                                That's damn frustrating!
                                I feel silly doing it since even the broken morimotos have more output then the stock lenses, but the stock ones just bolt in and work, adjust, etc. These morimotos have been endless nitpicking for me.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X