No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda corny imo. - The Spectre/Ebay set up, above. That's just my .02.
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
      I really like it, very clean. Hoping it doesn't get tossed, that'd be sad as hell.
      I'll come pick it up today if you're worried about tossing it...
      Hank Ahrens
      1984 Alpine Coupe
      1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
        So does primer.

Everyone knocks the kamotors stuff, but it's a good product at a relatively decent price point. I think I got mine for 80 bucks new a few months back, and the shield on it actually works decent unlike most cheap cold air intakes.

overall I'm pleased with it. How many of you guys that hate them have them? I'm curious, do they turn to shit over an extended period of time?
        I will agree it works better at mitigating heat then most of the trash people put on. But in the end its still meh.

Best way is still route a plastic based tube to a plastic based box behind the headlight so that the hot air stays out.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post

Best way is still route a plastic based tube to a plastic based box behind the headlight so that the hot air stays out.
          Agreed
          Hank Ahrens
          1984 Alpine Coupe
          1978 911sc

Comment

Yes they are eBay links, I'm not familiar with specter but it's a reusable filter( I actually found it in a summit catalog) I do plan on fabbing a box around it as well.

Personally in like the polished aluminum look. Carbon fiber can be ok if you have a late model. But my car has lots of chrome so it should tie together quite nicely.

Comment

So does primer.

Everyone knocks the kamotors stuff, but it's a good product at a relatively decent price point. I think I got mine for 80 bucks new a few months back, and the shield on it actually works decent unlike most cheap cold air intakes.

overall I'm pleased with it. How many of you guys that hate them have them? I'm curious, do they turn to shit over an extended period of time?

Paint doesn't make you car faster or more reliable, it's the least of my concerns, always has been always will be. Someday when I'm ready it will be henna.

Comment

How many of you guys that hate them have them?

I do.

I would rather have an open cone filter.
                Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                  Paint doesn't make you car faster or more reliable, it's the least of my concerns, always has been always will be. Someday when I'm ready it will be henna.
                  Fair enough
                  Hank Ahrens
                  1984 Alpine Coupe
                  1978 911sc

Comment

But if you have paint keep it, even if its not great.

But yeah, Id grab one of these in a plastic material:

Then buy a square yard or two of lets say 3/16-5/8in ABS plastic.

Then find some box corners or like those corner pieces with all the holes in them for making shelving:

Cut the ABS sheets to shape behind headlight, Cut round hole for tube, now you can put intake behind headlight, along with all the Canbus's and other HID equipment and tuck it away.

Thought about doing with my Car, but its an M20 that runs "sufficiently" so I dont care as much.
                    willschnitz

Comment

Thought about doing with my Car, but its an M20 that runs "sufficiently" so I dont care as much.
                      Doesn't Wi get hella cold also? Instant cold air under the hood
                      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                      Originally posted by roguetoaster
                      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

^ hahahahahaha

today I ordered all the new gaskets, belts, coolant etc. I needed for the M42. I swooped a rebuilt head for a fair deal off craigslist last weekend, hope to have the car this running. also got some rebuilt pink top injectors on their way which I want to combine with a sssquid chip.

really excited to compare it back to back with the m20 in the 325is, Im thinking it might keep up..

Comment

I'm thinking you're wrong. Two less cylinders, bro. Obviously gonna be hella slow.
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                            Doesn't Wi get hella cold also? Instant cold air under the hood
                            It was fucking low twenties in september, Car is currently sitting in garage under soft cover with no windshield cause safelite guy doesnt know how lockstrips work.

It wont touch snow except for maybe once, which will be when I go back for christmas to take some winter wonderland pics.
                            willschnitz

Comment

Does anyone know how to get in touch with olddrunkensailor? I want that dash before he heads out of town and he's not responding to email/PM.
                              sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

safelite guy doesnt know how lockstrips work.
                                Lol at using Safelite on these cars. I wouldn't even trust them replacing the windshield on my Mom's Kia.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X